Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Strategy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
packerfan84

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Draft Strategy Reply with quote

I was thinking about this the other day and I was wondering...Why would we stand pat with our current draft pick? Thinking more and more about it made a lot of sense to me that we are either going to have to trade up or trade down in the draft. The reasoning behind this is we have 3 teams in Minnesota, Seattle, and St. Louis who are having the same defensive troubles we are and are certainly going to select the best defensive player on their board which is probably going to be on our board as well. I guess I dont want to see the Packers pick a second-tier type player and stand pat when we could either trade up and get a blue chip type athlete or trade down and fill even more holes. What do you guys think? These are the players Ive been following and in some what of an order (not any drafting round order) are players I would love to see wearing Green & Gold next season...

SS - Thomas Davis
MLB - Channing Crowder
DE - Dan Cody
SS - Ernest Shazor
SS - Donte Nicholson
DT - Mike Patterson
OLB - Odell Thurman
MLB - Kirk Morrison
QB - Bryan Randall

The list could go on...
wildwildwest81

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the pack should just take the best playerl , if its de, olb, mlb, dt , wr, qb . te what ever dont draft for need, thats why the ravens have the best front office iun the nfl. they just draft the best player

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: