You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Meet The Eagles (Posters) - Phire
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: Meet The Eagles (Posters) - Phire Reply with quote

Meet The Eagles (Posters)

Phire

Where do/did you do to school and where do you work? What is the best part about what you do right now?

Quote:
I graduated from 'Paupack High School last month. I do plan on moving on to college this fall (August) and for a while I thought I would be going to PSU Main Campus but in April Ursinus College (near Philadelphia) offered me a very large financial package and the campus + smaller classes appealed more to me. The best thing about what I do right now? Hah, just hanging out with friends for the last summer before we disperse into College life.

What is your favorite draft pick this year and why?

Quote:
My favorite draft pick by far is Jeremy Maclin. I'm so excited at the thought of seeing Desean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin on the field at the same time, two young, energetic, speedy receivers with a knack for making plays, with Donovan the veteran QB finally getting some weapons. I've been ranting forever how McNabb needed weapons, I think we're finally starting to see Andy give them to him. I love how he plays, he's sort of similar to Desean in terms of speed, but I think Maclin is a much better underneath route runner and catcher. Not to say that Desean is terrible in those fields, but these two guys have similar toolsets but also have their unique little thing they excel at. Can't wait for this season!

If you could choose any historical Eagles player to add to this current roster (in his prime of course) who would it be and why?

Quote:
Id have to say Reggie White. He was such a force off the edge, and overall a great player, we'd be a pretty scary defense to face with how deep we would be at defensive end.

You used to make sigs for many eagles posters a while back. If you had to wear one sig for the rest of your FF life, Describe what it would look like.

Quote:
I like the sig I'm wearing right now hmm, but if I had to wear one sig for the rest of my life, it might include my future wife Taylor Swift.

If you could have the knowledge or any person in history (dead or alive) who would it be and why?

Quote:
Ha, tough question. There have been plenty of interesting minds throughout history and some who are alive today, but a figure that has always intrigued me is Abraham Lincoln. The knowledge I'd acquire from him are of course how it was being President and being faced with the responsibility of the Civil War and having to keep two warring sides United. If it weren't for him, our one Nation very well could have been two separate ones today. I'd also find out about his mysterious personal life. And he was a great writer, something I admire.

[img]http://blog.mdwoptions.com/.a/6a00e55367a35388340105372170f8970b-800wi[/img]

You have $10 bucks for lunch this afternoon, where are you going for lunch?

Quote:
Probably McDonalds. Dollar menu burger + medium fries and best of all, McDonalds Sweet tea.

You are given the number three overall pick in the Current Eagles Nest Babe Draft, Whos at the top of your big board?

Quote:
Hmm, off of the top of my head I'd have the following (but not limited to) the following women:

Megan Fox
Elisha Cuthbert
Jessica Alba
Kristin Bell
Kate Beckinsale

You are in control of a 100 trillion dollars in bailout money, how do you solve the problems in America?

Quote:
Tough question. I really don't have an answer to that. I'd first identify what problems exist, and what I can do with the money I have to help find a solution. If it's the economy, I'd really have to take it slow. If I start dumping cash into the economy, that would cause problems like inflation, and it really won't help how Americans take care of their money. But if the economy was what I'm tackling first, one of the topics I'd look into is the increasing unemployment. Possibly take some plays from the 1930's playbook and start public projects to make jobs. I'm not very confident in what I'd do with the money, but I'm pretty confident in knowing things will eventually turn around for the better.

You are stuck on a deserted Island and for some reason you kind of like it there and want to stay. The U.S. army grants you one airdrop of whatever you want. Considering you already have food, shelter, water and the other necessities of life, what are 5 items that you request?

Quote:

1. Computer with internet - Forget food, water, and shelter, this is the real necessity of life.

2. TV with satellite - So I can watch the Eagles!

3. My favorite red poofy arm chair - Because it's oh so comfortable.

4. My Blackberry storm - So I can call my Cowboys fan friend and leave him multiple voice mails after the Eagles pound on his team.

5. Boat with gas - in case I change my mind.

In 2020, Phire is.?

Quote:
Eh, who knows. Hopefully married to Taylor Swift but realistically, I might stick around the City of Brotherly Love. I'm studying business/politics, and ultimately I want to land in Law School. I'm hoping it all works out

Thanks for your time Phire

Quote:
Thanks for the interview, sorry I'm a pretty boring person haha!

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.
hustla1979

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Phire, you say you just graduated from Paupack High School, is that "Wallenpaupack High School"?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Interview!!!

10 dollars and you go for teh dollar menu Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Very Happy
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mm6492 wrote:
Great Interview!!!

10 dollars and you go for teh dollar menu Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Very Happy

That was my biggest dissapointment too...so much potential with that question lol, you coulda bought 5 dollar menu burgers, 4 dollar menu fries and a Sweet Tea lol

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.
Eagles27

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another great interview Hockey.

Phire has always been one of my favorite posters and have gotten to see a majority of his posts since we joined withing 10 days of each other.

I still don't get the Taylor Swift obession though. Eh?

#JDI
paulthom23

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck at ursinus. i live right next to the campus so i know it pretty well. i was actually recruited there for football but considering their stadium is smaller than the one i played in in high school i had to pass. its going to be a lot of hard work from what i heard from a few friends that are attending right now. and remember, dont spend too much time in collegeville because it will kill your soul
Nabbs4u

Location: 1st Ballot Eagles HOF 3x Gold Standard 09' /10 '/11' 2X ENBD/Pick em Winner Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles27 wrote:

Phire has always been one of my favorite posters and have gotten to see a majority of his posts since we joined withing 10 days of each other.

I still don't get the Taylor Swift obession though. Eh?

I'm surprised and notice just now that you have more Posts then Phire. Shocked He must of slowed down from his rapid pace he set the first yr. Cool Both of you will most likely be up for nominations at the upcoming 2009 "IGGLES" Awards coming to a forum near you later this month. Wink Good luck with College this year Phire.

17' Bird Watch: QB Carson Wentz: 318Att//61% Comp//2430 Yds//25 TD//5 INT//224 Rush yds//QBR 103.4

Last edited by Nabbs4u on Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
BLick12

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ursinus was actually one of the schools I looked at and considered heavily for playing football. My little brother just decided to play at Moravian so if you play football you guys I believe would play each other.

Anyways good interview Phire is a great poster and unfortunately seems to have acquired a life outside FF as we have seen a lot less of him this past year. Laughing Congrats on getting into Ursinus I know a few friends that go there and love it, I'm sure you'll have fun.
babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$10 and you get a McBurger, fries and a sweet tea.

What do you do with the other $7?

Toilet paper and amaryl, perhaps?
Phire

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hustla1979 wrote:
Hey Phire, you say you just graduated from Paupack High School, is that "Wallenpaupack High School"?

Yes sir.

babyatemydingo wrote:
$10 and you get a McBurger, fries and a sweet tea.

What do you do with the other $7?

Toilet paper and amaryl, perhaps?

Sounds about right haha.

Thanks for the comments all, looking forward to the next interviews!

Location: 1st Ballot Eagles HOF 3x Gold Standard 09' /10 '/11' 2X ENBD/Pick em Winner Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What made you slow down post wise. I could of swore you had 10,000+ a year ago!! You were beyond on a roll!! Shocked Very Happy

17' Bird Watch: QB Carson Wentz: 318Att//61% Comp//2430 Yds//25 TD//5 INT//224 Rush yds//QBR 103.4
Steegles46

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an Ursinus alumn, if you have any questions Phire, let me know. It's a great college, and a lot of fun. Good luck!
hustla1979

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
hustla1979 wrote:

Yes sir.

Cool!!! I live right in Scranton......We're like neighbors, I graduated from Scranton High School in 98'. Ever been down to the good ol' Memorial Stadium to watch Paupack get smacked around by us Knights?? Ha Ha Ha, j/k....I think it's cool tho, that you live close.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles27 wrote:

Yea, I joined about a month later, and all i can really remember is You, Phire, FEF, and a couple of the older posters.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevec0008 wrote:
Eagles27 wrote:

Yea, I joined about a month later, and all i can really remember is You, Phire, FEF, and a couple of the older posters.

Yeah there was a good group of us who joined around the same time and were the most active posters here.

#JDI

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: