Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES LAKERS THREAD
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES LAKERS THREAD Reply with quote

This thread is for all of those who root for the Los Angeles Lakers. If you are a troller, please post elsewhere. We can keep all Laker related news and notes in this thread, so as not to clog up the basketball forum.

Our team is know for it's winning ways, flashy uptempo play, and general upper echelon product in terms of a professional franchise.

I would first like to extend a sincere congratulations to all 29 other teams for playing well in the 2008-09 season. But without further ado, let me get in a last hoorah as far as the champions are concerned:

Finals changing shot by DFish

Posing for the camers

15 rings!!

How does it taste, haters?

Greatness personified in a picture

2009 Championship Parade

Lakers on Jimmy Kimmel Live, part 1

Part 2

As for the offseason:

Lakers, Bryant to work toward new deal

Quote:
Kobe Bryant has chosen not to terminate the final two years of his contract and will remain with the Los Angeles Lakers.

Team spokesman John Black on Wednesday confirmed Bryant's decision. The MVP of the NBA Finals had until Tuesday to become an unrestricted free agent.

Now the Lakers and Bryant's agent will negotiate a contract extension.

Sources: Ariza may leave Lakers

Quote:
Trevor Ariza's short but sweet stay in Los Angeles might be coming to an end.

The 24-year-old swingman, who played a key role in the Lakers' run to their 15th NBA championship, is on the verge of leaving the club, sources close to the situation said on Wednesday.

With at least five teams pursuing Ariza, the Lakers are currently unwilling to pay him more than the $5.6 million mid-level exception.

Also a FA:

Lamar Odom, PF

Shannon Brown, PG

So if you support the purple-n-gold, let it be known!

And just in case any of you were not aware, Kobe Bryant is an Eagle fan:

ATLdirtybird

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I guess it's time for a new thread.

My thoughts on the offseason rumors:

- I'm pretty pissed that the Lakers aren't doing whatever it takes to get Trevor Ariza back in purple and gold. Without him, I don't know if we would have won the NBA Championship last year. He played great defense, came up with huge steals, and knocked down big three pointers. At only 24 years old, he is only going to get better. Please, Los Angeles, do whatever it takes it keep Ariza in his hometown.

- I'm glad to see that the Lakers will try and bring back Lamar Odom. His versatility is incredible and he played very well in the Western Conference Finals and in the NBA Finals. He can do it all, which creates match-up problems. Keep the "Candy Man" in Los Angeles.

- I'm iffy on the Ron Artest rumor. I think he is a solid player that is a good defensive player, but I would much rather have us re-sign Ariza. Artest scares me in terms that he could reck the team in the locker room. He may be worth the risk if Ariza signs elsewhere though.
Jetfan66

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to the Champs.

First off, get a deal with Odom done ASAP. He was a huge part of this championship.

Secondly, Ariza is good and promising but I wouldn't commit more than the MLE either. He has attitude problems and is inconsistent. Go after Artest, he is the more proven defender. His big ego will be cooled by Kobes leadership.

Third, sign a 3 point shooter. Honestly, aside from Kobe, the rest of the Lakers shooters are unpredictable. By adding a Kyle Korver or Jason Kapono, the Lakers will have a reliable 3 point shooter to count on in the latter stages of close games.

Court, win number 16!!!

R.I.P. Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
"We are worried. Kris Jenkins eats O-Lineman better then Kobayashi eats hot dogs." -Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, and Logan Mankins
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with all of your points, ATLdirtybird.

I'm pretty disturbed over the Ariza situation, really want LO back, and am rather hesitant to explore the Artest option as a contingency plan.

Jetfan66 wrote:
Go after Artest, he is the more proven defender. His big ego will be cooled by Kobes leadership.

Although Artest is a great defender, you really can't put your money on him being able to be tamed by anyone.
ATLdirtybird

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetfan66 wrote:
He [Ariza] has attitude problems and is inconsistent. Go after Artest, he is the more proven defender. His big ego will be cooled by Kobes leadership.

That's quite funny that you are saying Trevor Ariza has attitude problems, yet you think we should sign Ron Artest. Ariza has very little character concerns, Artest has major character concerns.
ROB GIZZLE

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just read somewhere that ariza can get 35-40 mil...i doubt hes a laker next year if that is true...

artest would be a great consolation priz if we do infact lose ariza,he does everything trevor does,hit 3s and defend,he would also bring more toughness to the table for another playoff run...i think the respect hed have playing with kobe and for PJ along with the tradition of the lakers hed stay focused and would be able to help us get to 16...

C bynum
PF gasol
SF artest
SG king kobe
PG fish
6th man LO
looks championship caliber to me...
CWood21

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already have one bud.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4825972#4825972

simonwayne wrote:
This one is over. Mark down the dubya.

Colts 45 - Chiefs 44
ATLdirtybird

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
Already have one bud.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4825972#4825972

This is a new season, so why not start up a new one?

That one was cluttered anyway (66 pages or so).
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've got all the links on the basketball page, so I won't repost them. But essentially, the Lakers and Rockets swapped Ariza for Artest. At first, I was a little reluctant to accept Artest as a good pick-up, but I have since come around to my senses. I'm looking forward to repeating as champs, as Artest and Odom are childhood friends, thus making LO's resigning more likely.

But, here's some good newes too:
Source: Jackson intent on return

Quote:
Jackson's presence on the bench next season, according to one NBA coaching source, is "99.9 percent" assured, with another source indicating that Jackson's return will be publicly confirmed by the Lakers by early next week at the latest.

ninerfanwheelz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the Shannon Brown re-signing. Wish it was for longer though.

Still iffy on the Artest-Ariza situation.

Re-sign Lamar Odom!

And for the record, I will be purchasing one of those "Got Rings?" t-shirts.

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
I hear within 5 years the fans at Jags games will be able to vote via Twitter on the in-game playcalls.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Los Angeles Lakers Sign Ron Artest Video

ninerfanwheelz wrote:
Re-sign Lamar Odom!

Yup, get it done Mitch.
Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laker fans.

Give me some thoughts on Adam Morrison and if you think he will play a roll with the Lakers this year?

CP

Deadpulse on the sig!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian_Patriot wrote:
Give me some thoughts on Adam Morrison and if you think he will play a roll with the Lakers this year?

If you take a look at the video links I posted in the OP, the 2nd one shows Morrison "baked" out of his mind (to put it in Jimmy Kimmel's exact words). This may or may not be indicative of how he approaches his role on the team, but Morrison needs to show that he really cares.

He is buried in the depth chart at SF, behind newly signed Ron Artest, and role player Luke Walton. At the 2 guard, he's behind the best player in the world, and a man self pro-claimed "the Machine" (Vujacic). He's really going to have to show that his work ethic is exceptional, that he can still score like he did in college, and that he can play some resemblence of defense at a pro level.

IMO, he'd be lucky to see the floor for any minutes other than mop-up duty. Although I wouldn't mind being wrong about this, I just don't see him making an impact for this club any time soon.
Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That seems to be the exact sentiment I hear from everyone.
Looks like his future may be else where, not as a Laker.

Deadpulse on the sig!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
saintsfan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2009/07/08/nba_20090708_artest_signs.nba/

Artest Press Conference

Adopt-A-Saint 2013
Keenan Lewis 41 tackles 10 PD 3 INT 1 FF
Pierre Thomas 136 car 521 yds 71 rec 503 yds 4 TDS

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 1 of 99

Jump to: