You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Meet the Eagles (Posters) - Nabbs4u
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: Meet the Eagles (Posters) - Nabbs4u Reply with quote

Meet The Eagles (Posters)

Nabbs4u

1)Where did/do you go to school and where do you work? Also what do you like best about your current position?

Quote:
Actually I went to Oceanside High School out in California. Home of soon to be HOF LB Junior Seau and friend. I decided to take a Year break from school to enjoy life, surf and play. Wink Unfortunately that lasted until present day and I never attended College. So young ones out there Go to School!! Although it has worked out for me as of now I still would recommend College. I own a Construction CO. (Bricks,Stone,Blocks ect..) that deals primarily in Commericial work. I am fortunate after many many hard years of labor intensive work earning my dues able to enjoy all life has to offer within limits mind you. Cool What I enjoy best is having the flexibility of not going to work if I choose knowing I have capable Supervisors running the show and the 26 men I have on Pay Roll.

2)If you had the number one overall pick in the 2010 NFL draft but you had to make your selection for the Eagles right now for next season who would you choose and why?

Quote:
This is hard and has been time consuming to be honest. I hate looking that far forward. Since it has to be for this season where I don't beleive we have many wholes to fill on either side of the ball I would have to pick FS Taylor Mays more so for the Future then the Present. He is a beast strong, fast and lays the wood when the time is appropriate. Having Mays and Demps in our secondary for years to come is to good to pass up and would give so many extra packages for JJ to create with the ball hawking nature both seem to have. Yes DE and RB especially given the nature of our current group (Westbrook injury/age) would be ideal but no one was deserving of the #1 overall pick!!

3)You recently did a lot of legwork for the Eagles board in the FFMD. If you could go back and re-do any trades/signings/offers what would it be and why?

Quote:
Honestly the only thing I would of changed for (FFMD I) would of been the amount of Pre-Draft Day Trades I had approved by other Teams, just not acted upon by our staff. I understood the wait and see approach and the not knowing of who will or won't be there but having 12/13 picks and only 7-8 spot available for our Roster (after FA) the better the picks in early rds I felt the better the prospects. At one time I had lined up 4-5 of the top 60 picks via trades. None of the trades acted upon. All in all it was still a great group effort and I appreciate the chance to be Andy Reid's Cheese Steak Scout the only available positon for my qualifications and lateness in signing up!!

4)Who is your favorite player on the Eagles and why?

Quote:
I've made no secret that my Favorite Current Player is Donovan McNabb. I honestly want a SB title more for him then I do myself for Bragging rights. The amount of #%$# he has had to put up with by the Media and certain spoiled Fans is rediculous. He has done more with less then any other QB not named Tom Brady the past 20 yrs!!! The Fact that it has taken 10 yrs to finally (maybe never know yet) surround him with legit Play makers is a joke. The only other time it happen on Offense was 2004 and we saw what he and TO were doing before the Horse Collar. There is no doubt in my mind had TO not acted like a 2 yr old getting his feelings hurt over innocent "we can still win without TO" comments Donovan stated when asked if we had a chance we would have a SB or 2 by now. and they would of been one of the most dynamic QB/WR combo's in the NFL. Some of you have no idea how good we have it with him at QB and I for one do not look forward to the day Ninja's Brother Wink Kevin Kolb takes over.

5)You are now appointed as the new GM of the Philadelphia Eagles. What are the first three moves you make for this team and why?

Quote:
#1 I take a hard look at the current Young Studs we have under contract that will be coming up for FA in the next 2-3 seasons and possibly extend or re-do there current deals so that Sheldon Brown/ Lito Sheppard doesn't happen to the Bunkleys, Andrews, Coles, Bradleys and and after next season the Deseans of the Future!!

#2 I would try to acquire Via trade the best Possible DE on the market. This Defense and Trent Cole needs someone opposite him to create pressuer/sacks when one on one. If that Player turns out to be VA great if not a Julius Peppers Mario Williams "type" player needs to be added. Yes the age is up there along with his salary but so would his production in this Defense.

#3 If a Legit #1 WR/RB became available for what ever the reason and the price tag to acquire that player was not rediculous like previous Roy Williams type deals suggested I would trade for that player. Yes the Future looks bright for Desean and maybe Maclin but you can never ever have to many legit options on Offense. Whether that is a Colston/Boldin type WR or a legit #2 RB to give us the 3 headed monster we need to have for a balanced Rushing attack. Yes unlikely with AR as HC but wishfull none the less.

6)You are about to go on a trip, you have no idea where you will be staying or for how long. What are three things that you absolutely need to bring with you no matter the length or type of trip and why?

Well since you phrased the question that way first it would have to be my Family
Quote:
#1 My Family. I recently got married 5 yrs ago to a woman I have been with on and off for 15yrs. We have a 5yr old Son together who is already Brain-washed into Booing when the Cowboy's Logo appears Wink To young for something like this though!!

Quote:
#2 I know this is bad but I have to have Unlimited Sports Programming access!! I am addicted to everything sports related. Whether it is Fantsay or Highlights in general. I wish I had bought stock in ESPN when I was 5. Wink Little young but worth it given the amount of Sports I watch or have watched over the years. Not quite to this point but you get the driffed!!

Quote:
#3 Not that I am not a faithfull man and Husband but if I am lost on a Desert Island with only food, water and the necessities of life for god knows how long. I woulHeart mind having the company since I want my Family safe from Danger Wink of this woman

(this picture was chosen by Nabbs and I canít see it at work so if it isnít kosher just PM me and Iíll change it)

7)In your opinion, who are the most overrated and underrated players currently playing in the NFL and why?

Overrated

Tony Romo

Quote:
Cowboy Fans will immediately say hater. I am very interested in seeing how Romesica preform this season without his safety net of TO. There's a reason 1/2 his Passing TD have gone that way TO is a legit #1WR and helps any QB on Game Day cancer or not. Since TO is the scapegoat for everything bad with Dallas and it is now his Team (they say) we will see if Choking is in his nature or if he is now cured by the aftermath of TO all Mighty!!

Underrated

Quintin Mikell

Quote:
Finally last season he got some sort of respect from his piers by making 2nd Team All Pro. What he has done and is doing for this Defense is without question a large portion to our success. He does what he is asked to do and in most cases does it at a Pro Bowl level. With or without Dawk last year he was our best Defensive player and that includes Sheldon. Hopefully this year he can actually make the ProBowl and help lead this Team to a SB victory. The success of the 09 Defense will dictate his Pro Bowl nod if it indeed comes from yet another great season.

8)If you could only watch 5 movies for the rest of your life, what five movies would you choose and why?

Top Gun

Grew up and know the Movie by Heart!! Still get mad when Goose Dies... Crying or Very sad Cool

Weird Sceince

What can I say I am old and enjoy funny movies. Give me the Keys.... Give me the Keys.....

Training Day

Typical Bad A$$ movie with guns, violence, twist and turns. By far Denzell's best.

SwordFish

Have you seen Halle Berry, enough said.

(same with this picture)

Silence Of the Lambs

Because I might lean towards Hannibals tendencies if I had to watch 5 movies only for the rest of my life. Need some pointers!! Cool

9)Ok just to make sure that everyone on this board has something pretty to look at, who are your top 3 hottest women in the world right now?

Quote:
I choose to plea the 5th becuase it might adversely effect me in the Future. Any and all Pictures can be seen most likely in the Eagles Nest Babe Draft coming soon to theaters near you!! Honestly there are two posted above who would make that list and one I will admit later on...

10)If you had to choose between an Eagles championship this year or one million dollars, what is your choice and why?

Quote:
Can I take the Million and we win in 2010!!! Cool That would be the best option by far. Seriously I love Money and even if I wasn't in the best place financially I would still choose a SB ring in 2009!! I am sick and tired of hearing the comeback "we have one how about you"!!! As I mentioned above I also want McNabb to get one so his career is not viewed as a faliure much like Marino/ Kelly's are because the SB Ring elluded them also.

11) In 5 years Nabbs will....?

Quote:
Probably still be trying to catch up with Phires rediculous Post Count. Sipping Mai Tai's and Shots in the Bahama's once a year because Buisness stayed great throughout the recession. Enjoying the Fact that we too can now say WE GOT FIVE HOW BOUT YOU???!!! Hey I can't predict the Future but if I could, sounds good to me!!!

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exceptional work, as usual.

Nabbs, you didn't say your top 3 women because you didn't want anyone to steal any of your picks, huh? Wink
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Exceptional work, as usual.

Nabbs, you didn't say your top 3 women because you didn't want anyone to steal any of your picks, huh? Wink

Don't worry I'm sure they'll all be gone by the time his pick actually comes around Wink

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.
Gmen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wouldn't choose a SB over one million dollars. Unless you're already rich, nobody would. One million dollars means you don't have to work another minute in your life.

If someone offered me one million dollars to never watch football again, I'd do it. I'd buy a nice house on a lake, a boat, and just live it up for the rest of my life.

scar988 wrote:
I'm of the belief the best QB in NY right now (July 2017) is Geno Smith.

SMH
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
You wouldn't choose a SB over one million dollars. Unless you're already rich, nobody would. One million dollars means you don't have to work another minute in your life.

If someone offered me one million dollars to never watch football again, I'd do it. I'd buy a nice house on a lake, a boat, and just live it up for the rest of my life.

One million dollars isn't that much money, after the house and boat you'd be just about broke.
Art_Vandalay

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Gmen wrote:

One million dollars isn't that much money, after the house and boat you'd be just about broke.

Hey, I love football. I really do. But don't act like $1,000,000 is chump change. It all depends on how you manage it.

Bird Watch: DE Vinny Curry - Last seen robbing Philly of $47 mil
Gmen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Gmen wrote:

Well, I'm great at managing my money. Almost to a point where some people would consider me frugal, or a tight wad. I can live comfortably off of one million dollars for the rest of my life. I'm not talking about buying a mansion and a yacht or anything like that.

scar988 wrote:
I'm of the belief the best QB in NY right now (July 2017) is Geno Smith.

SMH
hexagrams

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good post, but Nabbs, you are a terrible speller . . . Wink

-phire-
mm6492

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Gmen wrote:

Well, I'm great at managing my money. Almost to a point where some people would consider me frugal, or a tight wad. I can live comfortably off of one million dollars for the rest of my life. I'm not talking about buying a mansion and a yacht or anything like that.

how old are you?? Lets say your 30....So you can live for 40-45 years on a million dollars. Thats not alot...
hexagrams

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mm6492 wrote:
Gmen wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Gmen wrote:

how old are you?? Lets say your 30....So you can live for 40-45 years on a million dollars. Thats not alot...

I live life for about $1000 a month. And I live comfortably. One million dollars would allow one thousand months. That's about 83 years, which means I can spend over 1000 a month because there is no way I'm living that long.

-phire-
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hexagrams wrote:
mm6492 wrote:
Gmen wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Gmen wrote:

I live life for about $1000 a month. And I live comfortably. One million dollars would allow one thousand months. That's about 83 years, which means I can spend over 1000 a month because there is no way I'm living that long.

Yes but a nice house on a lake is already more than half the million gone easily. Add the boat and you had to live the rest of your life on a couple hundred thousand dollars. Since gmen is 21ish i doubt he could do it.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hexagrams wrote:
I live life for about $1000 a month. And I live comfortably.

No offense, but you must not be included in this list of things then:

live on your own
have your own car
pay for your own food
pay for your own entertainment
have a girlfriend
have any kids
pay for your own bills (outside of rent, food, transportation)
go to college
have medical insurance
have auto insurance

I hate to spoil your time in the sun, but living off a million dollars isn't exactly what it used to be, son. I spend over a thousand a month on bills alone, not including food or entertainment, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.

Good luck with that, if it were to happen, though.
Blahman88

Location: Eagles Forum HOF + Gold Standard 2014, Bringer of the Cavalry
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can comfortably live off the interest of $1mill in the back (alo ill take £'s please), as long as you dont overspend when you get it, you can comfortably live off it.

Once again a good read Hockey5djh. look forward to the next one.
UKEaglesFan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
hexagrams wrote:
I live life for about $1000 a month. And I live comfortably.

No offense, but you must not be included in this list of things then:

live on your own
have your own car
pay for your own food
pay for your own entertainment
have a girlfriend
have any kids
pay for your own bills (outside of rent, food, transportation)
go to college
have medical insurance
have auto insurance

I hate to spoil your time in the sun, but living off a million dollars isn't exactly what it used to be, son. I spend over a thousand a month on bills alone, not including food or entertainment, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.

Good luck with that, if it were to happen, though.

I can live on £1000 a month, without the kids, I'm putting the rest of mine aside as savings......so it can be done, I'm doing all of the above as well.

Damn Nabbsy Jessica Biel, she's mine!!!

Fantastic read as always!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=332136

Bird Watch: DE Vinny Curry - Last seen robbing Philly of $47 mil

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: