Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dallas Stars Thread - PLAYOFFS BABY!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
flyingmonkey30


Moderator
Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 6428
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would call up Brendan Dillon before anyone else
_________________


Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the lone star


Moderator
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 25916
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
I would call up Brendan Dillon before anyone else


He has been quite the surprise. I hope he makes the team. I expect Larsen to be up here for the entire season. I'd love to keep Jordie Benn up here full time as well. He and his brother produce well when they're on the ice together.

Shocker, I know.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the lone star


Moderator
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 25916
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek Roy will be out until November. I think we need to make a play at Semin now because of that. They don't play the same position, but getting him would help us pair each of our top 3 centers with good wingers.

Loui-Benn-Semin
Jagr-Faksa-Whitney
Morrow-Eakin-Ryder

Then when Roy comes back we can move him into the 2nd line center role and shuffle the lines a bit to make up for the injuries that are bound to happen.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flyingmonkey30


Moderator
Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 6428
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
Derek Roy will be out until November. I think we need to make a play at Semin now because of that. They don't play the same position, but getting him would help us pair each of our top 3 centers with good wingers.

Loui-Benn-Semin
Jagr-Faksa-Whitney
Morrow-Eakin-Ryder

Then when Roy comes back we can move him into the 2nd line center role and shuffle the lines a bit to make up for the injuries that are bound to happen.


I'd be surprised if Faksa plays immediately. And I think Semin is going to play in Russia. Supposedly he has like a 3 year, $30 million on the table that nobody here is going to come remotely close to matching. Remember, November is only like the 2nd month of the hockey season, and if there is a mini lockout, he won't be missing time as it is
_________________


Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the lone star


Moderator
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 25916
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
the lone star wrote:
Derek Roy will be out until November. I think we need to make a play at Semin now because of that. They don't play the same position, but getting him would help us pair each of our top 3 centers with good wingers.

Loui-Benn-Semin
Jagr-Faksa-Whitney
Morrow-Eakin-Ryder

Then when Roy comes back we can move him into the 2nd line center role and shuffle the lines a bit to make up for the injuries that are bound to happen.


I'd be surprised if Faksa plays immediately. And I think Semin is going to play in Russia. Supposedly he has like a 3 year, $30 million on the table that nobody here is going to come remotely close to matching. Remember, November is only like the 2nd month of the hockey season, and if there is a mini lockout, he won't be missing time as it is


Did not know that about Semin. Too rich for my blood.

I agree with your assessment on Roy, but I really do not want to miss the playoffs again due to a few games that we could have easily won.

Faksa probably isn't ready to play immediately, but allowing Jagr to tutor him would be epic. Same goes for Vincour. You know they both had to have looked up to Jaromir as being the pinnacle of Czech success in the NHL.

I guess we are done with signing players, as the rest of our lineup will most likely be filled out with youngsters

Loui-Benn-Ryder
Whitney-Roy-Jagr
Morrow-Wandell-Eakin
Nystrom-Fiddler-Vincour
HS: Garbutt, Petersen

Larsen-Goligoski
Daley-Robidas
Rome-Dillon
HS: Fistric

I hope Travis Morin gets some consideration to fill in for Derek Roy while he is out.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the lone star


Moderator
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 25916
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://video.stars.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=711&id=188019&cmpid=embed-share-video

^Lake Day for the Dallas Stars Ice Girls.

enjoy.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the lone star


Moderator
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 25916
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
I would call up Brendan Dillon before anyone else


Dillon's been good out of late. He has 3 goals on the season, and he does a bunch of little things to help out.

Our blue line is much improved this season.

Eakin has been a nice surprise as well. He is a good third line center. I hope we get Ray Whitney back soon. He was very good for us before going down.

This is starting to look like a playoff team. The comeback win against the Canucks helped prove that to me. I hope Lehtonen comes back soon as well. We will miss him.

We got the Flames again tonight. Let's hope it goes better than last time. Gulutzan really should have switched goalies in that game. We might have come out with a win if he benched Bachman after the first 3 goals. Possibly sent it to OT if he had put Kari in to begin the 2nd.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Nihlstrop can do now. He's gonna have to be good for us. Same goes for Bachman. If both continue to struggle, then either call up Campbell or trade for a backup.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flyingmonkey30


Moderator
Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 6428
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so torn on what I want this team to do. They are clearly not a Stanley Cup caliber team. Not even close. There are a few good young players (Loui, Benn) but for the most part, the team is a bunch of stop gaps, aging players, or young guys who project as 3rd and 4th liners. I obviously would love a playoff push, but my dream is to get Plano native Seth Jones on the team. We need a future top two blue liner, and Jones is it.
_________________


Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the lone star


Moderator
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 25916
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
I am so torn on what I want this team to do. They are clearly not a Stanley Cup caliber team. Not even close. There are a few good young players (Loui, Benn) but for the most part, the team is a bunch of stop gaps, aging players, or young guys who project as 3rd and 4th liners. I obviously would love a playoff push, but my dream is to get Plano native Seth Jones on the team. We need a future top two blue liner, and Jones is it.


Popeye's son would be nice. I'd be all for that.

I just want us to make the playoffs this year because we've missed it quite a few times in a row already.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ServantofYHWH


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 13659
Location: Clutch City
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I found out I get fox southwest and get some Stars games. Might as well be a stars fan Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
DalCowboyzRule


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 18052
Location: Too Turnt University (TTU)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ServantofYHWH wrote:
So I found out I get fox southwest and get some Stars games. Might as well be a stars fan Very Happy


Hell yeah dude!

Exciting game tonight. After getting blanked in the first we scored 4 goals in 10 minutes in the 2nd. But dumb penalties right after that cut our lead to 4-3 going into the 3rd.

Nilstorp kinda sucks and so does Bachman so any points we get while Kari Lehtonen is out are huge.

Seems like every game a new kid does something awesome. Today Matt Fraser scored his 1st NHL goal.

I really like our future. These youngins like Smith, Roussel, Eakin, Dillon, Garbutt, Oleksiak along with the stars like Roy, Benn, Lehtonen and Eriksson should have us competitive for a while!
_________________


green24 wrote:
Joey Gallo hits one a mile.

Haters gon' hate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ServantofYHWH


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 13659
Location: Clutch City
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a positive note: Matt Frasier got his first goal and we played well offensively in the first 2 periods.

On a negative note: Linstrom with help of the defense blew a 4-2 lead. 5 goals on 31 shots? smh.

Atleast we got a point.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
DalCowboyzRule


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 18052
Location: Too Turnt University (TTU)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@drosennhl
I'd classify this as a big trade: Montreal sends Erik Cole to Dallas in exchange for Michael Ryder and the Stars' 3rd round pick this year.


Ryder was a great player for us, sad to see him leave.

Apparently they were looking for more toughness and see that in Cole, and we give up the pick because Cole is signed for 2 more years.
_________________


green24 wrote:
Joey Gallo hits one a mile.

Haters gon' hate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flyingmonkey30


Moderator
Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 6428
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DalCowboyzRule wrote:
Quote:
@drosennhl
I'd classify this as a big trade: Montreal sends Erik Cole to Dallas in exchange for Michael Ryder and the Stars' 3rd round pick this year.


Ryder was a great player for us, sad to see him leave.

Apparently they were looking for more toughness and see that in Cole, and we give up the pick because Cole is signed for 2 more years.


I hate nieuwendyk. Worst GM out there.
_________________


Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DalCowboyzRule


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 18052
Location: Too Turnt University (TTU)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
DalCowboyzRule wrote:
Quote:
@drosennhl
I'd classify this as a big trade: Montreal sends Erik Cole to Dallas in exchange for Michael Ryder and the Stars' 3rd round pick this year.


Ryder was a great player for us, sad to see him leave.

Apparently they were looking for more toughness and see that in Cole, and we give up the pick because Cole is signed for 2 more years.


I hate nieuwendyk. Worst GM out there.


Lets see how this plays out. It certainly looks like a questionable move right now because Ryder was awesome here, but lets see Cole play before we write him off.
_________________


green24 wrote:
Joey Gallo hits one a mile.

Haters gon' hate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 10 of 19

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group