You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

h.coach..do u want offense or defense.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
common cents

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: h.coach..do u want offense or defense. Reply with quote

i've been thinking about what type of coach do i want next year and i'm starting to lean towards getting a head coach w/ an offensive backround.

my reasoning is i've noticed many of the last s.b. champions have offensive head coaches that have won on superb defensive play. it's a theory but maybe its because the head coach realizes he doesn't know much about defense so he hires someone who knows a-lot and takes multiple steps back. thus the coach of our defense only has to worry about the defense while the coach of our offense also has to worry about the team as a whole.

anyone else have any thoughts/theory's...or am i just thinking way to far ahead.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need someone who is innovative. Since Bud Grant left when has a Vikings Team Overachieved due to its coach.

Dennis Green is certainly proving that he wasn't a world beater coach. He has not improved Arizona at all.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your thinking way ahead. Let's just see if Tice can get us into the playoffs, if he does at 10-6 or 11-5 he should stay. But for fun, If Tice doesnt get us to the playoffs, Gary Kubiak would be a very good head coach and could bring whatever Denver has done over the years over here. Jake Plummer has had success in that offense, and they always have a 1000 yard back we could use that in our O. I know Kubiak didnt create what is going on in Denver, but he has been an Offensive Coordinator over their for years so he must know something and could bring that knowledge to the Vikes. Alex Gibbs has been influencial in the DEnver offense, he is a consultant with ATlanta, and they run the same offense with success. Pay Gibbs VERY VERY good money to be a fulltime O line coach.
st1mul4nt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offense sells tickets.
Defense wins championships.

Here's to hoping we can grab Greg Williams as our new HC. And maybe Linehan back as our OC. Wink

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg Williams isnt a good coach. Hes best fit for a coord job. Only if we bring in Martz to handle the offense will I agree with bringing in GW.

D#######
moss_is_1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try to snag monte kiffin:D, and leave tice as a tight ends coach or something since he was one if he'll take that

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well said mossburg...trust me, only rare times does a coordinator become a head coach, get fired, become a coordinator again, then become rehired as a head coach AGAIN and all of a sudden do well. i'd rather go for someone unproven like mike zimmer, kiffen, or maybe trgovac as a head coach then someone who is already proven to be a loser...and unless you want the west coast offense in minnesota (which even tice knows isn't fit to our personnel) then don't mention marruci...

and i'd like to see us as a balanced team...cuz sure defense wins championships, but if you have a [inappropriate/removed] poor offense, then you won't make it...(baltimore didn't have the greatest offense, but thats because they had an all star running back (which we dont) and a quarterback who didn't make mistakes (at the time of that season) which we do have)...pats are known for defense, but they also did have a great QB and a decent running back...and tampa bay had a pretty decent to good (cant remember exactly how good they were or not) offense as well...you need both

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="st1mul4nt"]Offense sells tickets.
Defense wins championships.quote]

defense keeps teams in the game offense win the games - less the defense does all the scoring ... you need points on the board to win a game 0-0 does nothing Laughing

and I'm unsure at this point about the HC job - I want to wait ti out a bit and see what becomes of us and who becomes open - as far as it being too early talking draft is a bit too early on that note but what the heck Ah !!

WE ARE WHAT WE ARE
AND WHAT THAT IS REMAINS TO BE SEEN

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: