You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

MARIUCCI FIRED!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
common cents

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm hiring mooch as o.coordinator although inticing and an obvious improvement over the four-headed beast we got right now would not be the best direction for us to go.

for one it generally takes at-least three years for a qb to learn the west coast offense and culpepper i love the guy and his game but he's not really the cerebral assassin you'd want at the helm of the west-coast offense. c-pepp is in his prime (minus 2005) and im of the opinion that it'd be pretty painful to watch him for the next 3-5 season trying to learn the complicated west-coast offense but, if he ever did learn it...now that'd be fun to watch.

for me i think the perfect o-coordinator for this team (sorry dont have a name) would be a man who runs first and outta many formations...get creative with'em. i mean we have 5 stud wide-outs, 3 very good te/h-back's and a hodge podge of capable halfbacks. get me a solid o-line and i'd have alotta fun. now with the run game established i'd then see the defense putting 8 in the box and make a few adjustments. continue using an array of formations but throw in a little motion and it shouldn't be to hard determine who is the uncovered (or mismatched) receiver before it's even snapped then let c-pepp pick apart the defense with short to mid range passing routes...3 steps.

if anyone can name a o-coordinator who runs this simple but effective offense i'd be much obliged...personally i think CHARLIE WEIS was very productive at new england running this offense.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott Linehan is a creative guy, even though he never liked to run the ball, im sure we could get a ground game going if Tice is displined enough to stick to it. If he is fired in Miami that be awesome if the Vikes could bring him back as an OC. Linehan had a lot of motion and used the two tight end/half back set very effectively for the Vikes. I want to see Kleinsasser move back to fullback where he was dominant and can be used more effectively as a lead blocker and help the running game. There was a reason why Robert Smith and Michael Bennett ran for 1000+ yards years ago because they had Kleinsasser as the lead fullback, which is what he is best suited for. The short passing attack your describing CommonCents kind of fits the mold of a west coast offense. I agree short passing is what best suites our offense. The offense is doing enough to win games for us, so whatever their doing is working and shouldnt be changed right now. Loney is gone though after the season.
furburgler08

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickelpete wrote:
furburgler08 wrote:
now if we could only get mariucci somehow
?????? WTF????

Is this for real????

yeah man it is. he'd be a good qb coach for us. he could improve johnson and try to teach daunte to settle down. he couldn't be much worse than who we have coaching our q's now. they haven't been too spectacular this year. they need some help
ArcticNorseman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys - - the coaching carousel is just starting. Most experts are saying no less than 8 vacancies will happen this year. Mooch will never take less than a HC job, but I've heard he may be the leading candidate for Michigan State.

As for the Vikes, if this team makes the playoffs and gets to the NFC Championship game, I'd say Mike Tice needs to stay as the Vikings HC. I know that could draw some fire, but bottomline results matter.

The guy was delt a horrible hand when McCombs offered him the job, BUT, Tice knew what he was getting in to and the Vikes HC position was a fasttrack job for him. Maybe he needed several years as an OC before becoming a HC, but the guy's learned via trial by fire.
common cents

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
nickelpete wrote:
and the kitties losing their coach should be a psychological blow that should help the Vikes out...

or... will they rally 'round the new guy?

plus the lions get an extra few days to rest up for us.

tices thoughts: “It's unfortunate Coach Mariucci was replaced,” Tice said. “It's not good for us as a football team to walk into a hornets' nest where the team loses its leader and is probably going to rally around who this guy is, so we catch this team on the wrong week.

“For the most part those in-season changes don’t work, but that first work week, its like that quarterback change. You hate to play against a team the week they change quarterbacks. It really stinks. We’ve had some of those games before. We’ll see how it goes.”

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: