You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Meet The Eagles (Posters) - Art_Vandalay
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:41 am    Post subject: Meet The Eagles (Posters) - Art_Vandalay Reply with quote

Meet The Eagles (Posters)

Art_Vandalay

1) Ok we’ll start off with the basics: Where do/did you go to school and where do you work?

Quote:
I went to high school in the small town of Windsor, VA. I really lacked motivation. I got average grades and didn't really set any goals. I still remember the last week of high school in my history class. The teacher went around the room and asked us all what we were going to do. After listening to all the people say what college they were going to it was embarrassing when she got to me. I said I didn't know and everyone got quiet. Then some chick at the front of the class said, "What? I didn't hear you." That made it worse lol.

My two best friends were also in the same boat as me. We decided to join the Air Force. I worked at Buckley AFB, CO for 4 years as a network administrator. It was a very poorly ran and unorganized base. We were always undermanned and I just wasn't feeling all the whole "Hoorah let's go Air Force" rah-rah mess. Fortunately I got out with a top secret clearance and I now work at IBM Boulder, CO for the Department of Homeland Security as an outage coordinator. We support several Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) sites. So basically, if a server or switch goes down at one of our sites and the users lose network connectivity, I'm the middle man who notifies the technician, gets updates, and keeps upper management informed. I work 8 hour shifts but I do about 2 hours of work each day. I spend the other 6 hours on FF Cool

2) Who is your favorite Eagles player and why?

Quote:
A part of me wants to say Donovan but I'm going to go outside of the box here and say Trent Cole. The guy is an animal. Every defensive play my eyes are glued to him. It's absurd how many double teams the guy has to fight through. Despite that, he always seems to be involved in the play. He has a motor that just doesn't stop. I remember a month or two ago NFLN was talking about the top 5 DE's in the NFC and Trent didn't even get mentioned. He gets no respect from the media and it ticks me off.

3) You do an annual WAYYY to early offseason prediction thread. Who is your front runner for a surprise jump in 2010?

Quote:
The Green Bay Packers. They're switching to the 3-4 as their base defense and while some people will say it may take a couple of years to adapt to it, their new defensive coordinator Dom Capers has had immediate success when implementing the scheme on other teams. Their biggest needs prior to the draft were WOLB and NT/DE. In the draft, they grabbed the best NT in B.J Raji as well as Clay Matthews to play opposite Aaron Kampman. Both should make an immediate impact.

They're loaded with offensive fire power. Aaron Rodgers had a Pro Bowl type season in his first year as the starter. One can only assume he'll continue to get better with a plethora of talented receivers (Greg Jennings, Donald Driver, James Jones, Jordy Nelson). I say they'll finish anywhere between 10-12 wins considering their favorable schedule.

4) You’re constant battles with Gmen and other division rivals are well noted on these boards. If you could have everyone on FF stop arguing/posting about one topic what would it be and why?

Quote:
Eli vs Romo. It will never end. In one hand you got a guy in a pass-happy offense that puts up crazy stats early and chokes in the latter part of the year. In the other you got a game manager on a smash-mouth football team. It's just too hard to compare and in the end comes down to personal preference. A stat padder or a guy that manages not to look too much like a fool late in the year.

5) Speaking of these battles, Who is your favorite non-eagles and eagles poster on FF and why?

Quote:
Hmmm. Good question. We're not allowed to talk about banned members, right? Anxious

Non-Eagles: Billy Spikes - The guy was Johnny On The Spot prior to the draft. I'd keep a special eye on the "Last Post" column by the news forum. I admire his devotion to FF Smile

Eagles: BLick12 - I spend most of my time in the TAET thread when I'm in this forum. It's hilarious how he clowns on [currently banned member] as well as other people like myself. He just seems like a cool guy.

(If you Google image “Billy Spikes” that is the first image that comes up so that is forever who I am going to picture when I see Billy Spikes name from now on Laughing )

6) If your house suddenly caught fire(just a scenario, its not really happening) and you had only a minute or two to grab your most valuable possessions, what would you run back into the fire to grab?

Quote:
Thanks for clarifying my house will not really catch on fire. That would be bad Razz

The first thing that comes to mind is my laptop. I just bought it and life without suck without you guys /hug. And I suppose I'd grab my dog too... after the laptop lol. He would probably just bark at the fire as the house started to cave in. Fortunately he's only about 4 or 5 pounds so I can just scoop n' go. Ha!

7) If you could trade places with one person in the world who would it be and why?

Quote:
Justin Timberlake. Sorry this response lacks creativity but I'm 23 and spent the last year and a half of my life in what felt like a stale marriage. I'd love to be a young multi-millionaire who's adored by every female in my age range. I'd also love to just travel around the world with not a care in the world and chill with my friends.

8 ) The Eagles finally decide they are tired of Andy Reid and his antics and fire the whole coaching Staff and GM. Who are your top choices for HC, OC, DC, and GM and why?

Quote:
HC: Bill Belichick - I hate the guy. I really do. He's a classless [inappropriate/removed] but the man is a genius. He's able to maximize the talent of each player on the field. Donovan along with the current weapons Philly has would be able to put up astronomical numbers and take some slack off the D. They would be incredibly fun to watch.

OC: [insert anyone here] - Sorry if this sounds like a cop-out but I'm convinced that under BB, you can insert anyone and they will succeed. They basically just follow the instructions of Belichick anyway. After helping lead Philly to the Super Bowl, he will then get hired as a head coach and fail epically. That's just how it works.

DC: Steve Spagnuolo - The reason I didn't go with LeBeau or Ryan is due to the scheme. We have the personnel suited for the 4-3 and I wouldn't want to make any extreme changes.

Honestly, I can't ever see us firing JJ, but if we were to fire him, I'd want the younger version of him. I don't think I really need to go into depth here.

GM: Jerry Reese - I know, I know. When Reese sees an obvious need, he addresses it. He doesn't act as if they can make due with scrub players. And he rarely makes poor decisions. He took over as GM in 2007 for the Giants, had an amazing draft (Aaron Ross, Steve Smith, Jay Alford, Kevin Boss, Michael Johnson, Ahmad), had immediate success, and continues to succeed and make good decisions.

9) If you could choose one woman to have in-depth conversations with for only one night (Besides Mrs. Vandalay, is there a Mrs. Vandalay?) who would it be and why?

Quote:
Per question 7, there is no Mrs. Vandalay.

I'd love to converse with Arielle Kebbel. She's young, has a beautiful smile, and seems to have a very goofy sense of humor. She'd be a lot of fun to hang around with. And to be totally honest, she looks identical to a girl I pursued for about a year and who I eventually came up short with. So yeah, that plays a factor Smile

10) What is something that you have never learned to do and would like to try and why?

Quote:
Anything automotive related. I know absolutely nothing about cars. It's emasculating when you run into a chick that knows more than you. I'd love to assist in putting a car engine together and learning the anatomy of it. Anyone that's ever helped me out with a car problem has just had that look... that "I'm awesome/sense of accomplishment" look.

11) Finish this statement in detail: In 2015 Art_Vandalay will be…

Quote:
29, without kids, married to the girl of my dreams, and traveling the world. Job-wise, I'd like to be a full time IBM employee (currently a contractor) but still doing this job and working with the same people (I love these Cowboy fan bastards). I really have no complaints. I get paid well and am stress-free for the most part. I really don't want that to change. Most of all I'd hope to still be talking with you guys up here about Philly going for a six-peat Wink

Thank you very much for your time Art.

Quote:
No, thank you! Mr. Green

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.
mm6492

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the Packers pick- they should be at least a 10 win team

And we can only dream about a SIX-PEAT Razz Razz Razz
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job on these interviews, Hockey5djh. Good idea.

Yo Art, although that hair style alone should warrant a role reversal into Timberlake's shoes... [edited by moderator]
Art_Vandalay

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:

Yo Art, although that hair style alone should warrant a role reversal into Timberlake's shoes... [edited by moderator]

Yeah, J.T minus that hairstyle. That looks awful. Laughing

Bird Watch: DE Vinny Curry - Last seen robbing Philly of $47 mil
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must be nice.

I think anyone that has seen "I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry" will agree with me.
McDawkins520

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:

Must be nice.

I think anyone that has seen "I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry" will agree with me.

One of the only girls that I know(ok I don't now her, but one of the only girls I can think of Laughing) who looks amazing with or without make-up. Must be nice to be him. I'd probably pick the same person so good pick Art.
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art_Vandalay wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:

I picked the worst looking photo possible on purpose just because you picked a person that used to be in a boy band lol

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Art_Vandalay

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
Art_Vandalay wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:

I picked the worst looking photo possible on purpose just because you picked a person that used to be in a boy band lol

Meh. I forgave you after questions 9 and 10. Very Happy

Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art_Vandalay wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:
Art_Vandalay wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:

Meh. I forgave you after questions 9 and 10. Very Happy

I think everyone did...(10 was definitely the makeup picture) and finishing it off with some Will Ferrell was just perfect.

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:

Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually really suprised that nobody commented on the Billy Spikes picture yet lol

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:

Poloc2289

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, was there an interview there? I just saw Megan Fox and zoned out. My b

Nice job Hockey5djh
Eagles27

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
I'm actually really suprised that nobody commented on the Billy Spikes picture yet lol

Pretty funny

However that picture would imply that at some part of the day he wasn't constantly refreshing numerous rumor sites to be the first one to post them and for at least a brief period left his computer. Not believable. Not talking

Quote:

Art did your unwillingness towards marriage cost you your girl? Shocked (Or do you just mean you're not married?)

Another nice job Hockey5djh.

#JDI
Art_Vandalay

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles27 wrote:
Quote:

Art did your unwillingness towards marriage cost you your girl? Shocked (Or do you just mean you're not married?)

I guess that somewhat played a factor but it just got boring. Time for a change.

Gmen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I work 8 hour shifts but I do about 2 hours of work each day. I spend the other 6 hours on FF

I should be outraged at the poor government spending. But, I won't lie, I wish I could get a gig like that.

Quote:
4) You’re constant battles with Gmen and other division rivals are well noted on these boards.

That was just last offseason actually. Art and I have gotten along surprisingly well this offseason, compared to last year at least. Laughing

Nice interview. I'm hoping somebody does something similar for the Giants forum.

scar988 wrote:
I'm of the belief the best QB in NY right now (July 2017) is Geno Smith.

SMH
d-jackfan10

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poloc2289 wrote:
I'm sorry, was there an interview there? I just saw Megan Fox and zoned out. My b
Nice job Hockey5djh

glad I'm not the only one.

Winner of the Mocking Bird Award

“Intelligence is not to make no mistakes, but quickly to see how to make them good.” -Bertolt Brecht

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: