You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens Mock

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sp6488

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Ravens Mock Reply with quote

This Mock assumes that we receive 2 4th round compensatory picks and 1 5th round comp pick:

1. Mario Williams, DE, NC state- Have you watched any Ravens games lately? The Front four is having serious trouble putting pressure on the QB. We could establish a very solid rotaiton of Weaver-Williams-Johnson and Suggs-Green playing OLB/DE depending on the situation. Hes a big guy at 6'7" and about 280-295 so he should be solid against the run as well. Played well in the MD-NCSU game i watched this year. Hes really shined this year after 2 years of not really fulfilling his potential. I like him more than Kiwanuka.
Possible others: AJ Hawk, Haloti Ngata, MAthias Kiwanuka, Jon Scott

2. Daryn Colledge, OT, Boise State- Assuming we dont take a tackle with our first pick, this pick almost has to be a tackle. Luckily for us, with the OL depth of this draft, OT is pretty much assured to be BPA at this point. We need youth on the line. He is listed as a top LT prospect, but i feel like his athleticism could be a real asset at the RT spot. We need a more athletic line and Colledge is one of the most athletic OTs. Beyond being mobile, he is solid at the point of attack when run blocking, a must for the Ravens.
Possible others: Winston Justice, Andrew Whitworth

3. No Pick

4. Marcus Maxey, DB, Miami- With our 3rd and 4th CBs on the depth chart likely to retire after this season, were in need of some serious youth at this position. Maxey, A senior, has taken over starting duties from Hester, Who has been considered on this site to be a sure-fire first rounder at one point. Maxey reportedly clocked a 4.25 second 40 yard dash time, so he has speed. With his size (6'2"-3") and speed he has a lot of potential. He has been a solid player for Miami's excellent "No-name" defense this year.
Possible others: BPA DB/LB, In the unlikely chance that he's still here D'qwell Jackson!!!!!

4(comp). Justin London, LB, UCLA- With us unlikely to resign both Scott and Polley, Some LB depth would be nice. We're deep in terms of big backers/DEs who play some backer such as Cody, Thomas, Suggs, and Green, so we should avoid a tweener type when looking for backers. I feel that it is good to look at a player's success at other levels rather than purely upside sometimes. London has been a leader on a pretty good UCLA team this year. He'd provide nice depth for us and could be a solid player somewhere down the road.
Possible others: BPA DB/LB

4(comp). Mike Bell, HB, Arizona- A quick RB that could IMO be a solid spell back/change of pace back somewhere down the line. Right now he would purely provide depth, but we all know as seen last season that a team can never have enough quality RBs because its so easy to lose a starting RB in one play.

5. Larry Dibbles, DT, Texas- A relatively small DT (6'1.5" 285) who doesnt get much attention playing with Rod Wright in Texas. Can penetrate and also is said to have some ability to play in space in zone blitzes. Would be primarily used by being rotated in to play passing downs for us.

5(comp). Bruce Eugene, QB, Grambling- The browns need to get another young QB to develop behind Frye. Rather than wasting one of their picks on a QB, i figured it would be better that we pick a developmental qb and put him on the practice squad so that they can sign him. Just kidding. I really like this guy. Hes had some weight problems and doesnt have optimal qb size, but hes thrown 40 TDs this year and over 3000 yards, with only 3 picks!!! He hasnt put up the greates completion percentage, but i think that he has a good arm and the fact that he doesnt turn the ball over would make him a solid backup somewhere down the line. Wright needs to go, he is no longer adequate as an NFL #2.

6. BPA WR- We should look for a big athletic receiver in the mold of Clarence Moore. 2 of our top receivers at this point are 5'10"ish. Hymes is fairly big and is coming along nicely, but Moore is apparently in the doghouse and we need another big body like him to help out, maybve well find one thaty likes to catch.

7. BPA DB,OL- Youth at DB or interior OL would be nice here. We dont need anyone to play really soon for the interior Oline considering that we have Brown, Rimph, and Vincent who are fairly young interior guys and Mulitalo can still play.
truebrownsfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so kyle boller is the answer at qb? i think you guys would be served better drafting a qb early because i really don't think you're team is all that far away from contending again.oh yeh and you gotta drop the 4-6 defense ans go back to the 3-4.
raven5255

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good work there Sp. I like the influence on bolstering the defensive line with Williams and Dibbles. Justin London would be a great pick in the 4th as with Mike Bell who is a very capable back that doesnt get much attention because of the bad play of his team.
DaKingPin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should go back to the 3-4 defense, and if thats the case I would make sure we draft Dqwell jackson. I heard he will be a second round pick easily tho. But i think we should definetly get him. With our first round pick I would get and O - lineman. I like Marcus Maxey with our 4th rounder.
raven5255

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea it will be interesting to see what we do with our defensive formation next season. I think the 3 biggest reasons for our swtich out of the 3-4 this past offseason is 1. Mile Nolan departing, Rex Ryan promoted 2. Loss of Marques Dougals 3. Loss of Ed Hartwell

My concern with switching the the 3-4 next season would be our Dline. Weaver would have to be resigned to play 1 end spot. I would assume Kelly Gregg would move back to nose, however that could depend on Kemo and if he is resigned or not. The other end spot is the biggest question. As of now our options would be Dwan Edwards, Kelly Gregg or draft someone. I would really like to resign Bart Scott, I wouldnt mind keeping Polley as well if he isnt going to ask for a ton of cash. Either way, we need our future stud ILB, Scott is great but I dont think he will ever be more then what Adalius Thomas is. Not that its bad, Thomas is amazing, but, but we need something more for the future. We need someone who can be a leader. This team has no leadership without Lewis and Reed on the field. I would love to have DQwell Jackson. He reminds me of Ray in just about every aspect of the game from his speed to his leadership.

Im also starting to advocate the drafting of a DB in the first 2 rounds more and more. Carter and Sanders will be gone for sure. Will Demps and Chad Williams are both free agents. Ideally I would like a guy that can play both safety and nickelback, even corner if possible. A guy like Michael Huff could be great.

This should be an interesting offseason to say the least.
sp6488

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

truebrownsfan wrote:
so kyle boller is the answer at qb? i think you guys would be served better drafting a qb early because i really don't think you're team is all that far away from contending again.oh yeh and you gotta drop the 4-6 defense ans go back to the 3-4.

I didnt say that boller is the answer necessarily, but i think that wed be much better served bringing in a veteran qb thats at least somewhat proven than using a high pick on a qb. We dont have the time for him to develop in my opinion. If boller doesnt show that he can be a solid starter this season, i say we keep him as #2, bring in a vet to start for the next 2-3 years and draft an young qb to develop in the next draft.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: