Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Was Neil O'Donnel bought out in Super Bowl XXX?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Was Super Bowl XXX a semi-fix?
Yes, Neil O'Donnell sold his soul.
27%
 27%  [ 12 ]
No, Neil O'Donnell just pulled a massive choke
51%
 51%  [ 22 ]
Other
20%
 20%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 43

x0x

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Was Neil O'Donnel bought out in Super Bowl XXX? Reply with quote

You know the Super Bowl where the Steelers were down 20-7 in the 4th quarter and then had the ball with over 4 minutes to play down just 3 and Neil O'Donnell sealed the win for the Cowboys by throwing to Larry Brown with no Steelers receiver in sight?

Yeah that Super Bowl.

Neil O'Donnel, who had the lowest INT percentage in NFL History at the time threw 3 picks in the entire game, two of which proves easy TDs for the Cowboys.
Ghengis Graz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andre Hastings was to run a hot route and did not. Neil put the ball right where he was supposed to be.
Jaytrajik

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting theory. A few prospective buyers could've been the 78-79 Cowboys looking for redemption from Superbowl XIII Wink

Note to Ghengis Graz - that wasn't the only wide open interception he threw that day.

life is one huge game that infinite awareness has with itself
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Was Neil O'Donnel bought out in Super Bowl XXX? Reply with quote

x0x wrote:
You know the Super Bowl where the Steelers were down 20-7 in the 4th quarter and then had the ball with over 4 minutes to play down just 3 and Neil O'Donnell sealed the win for the Cowboys by throwing to Larry Brown with no Steelers receiver in sight?

Yeah that Super Bowl.

Neil O'Donnel, who had the lowest INT percentage in NFL History at the time threw 3 picks in the entire game, two of which proves easy TDs for the Cowboys.

Dude. Neil O'Donnell sucked. There is no conspiracy here.

CK on the sig
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Was Neil O'Donnel bought out in Super Bowl XXX? Reply with quote

x0x wrote:

Donovan McNabb has the second-lowest INT percentage in NFL history. Guess how many interceptions he threw in the Super Bowl.

Career stats don't mean squat for proving that someone was "bought out".
cpanthers178990

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bro i don't care if your for or against the theory but are you really complaining about the steelers not having another SB victory. Laughing
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Was Neil O'Donnel bought out in Super Bowl XXX? Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
x0x wrote:

Yeah that Super Bowl.

Dude. Neil O'Donnell sucked. There is no conspiracy here.

WIN
DolphinsnBraves

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chad Pennington threw about as many INTs in the playoff game against the Ravens this year as he did all season. Sometimes things just fall completely apart.

I'm not sure there is enough money to get a QB to throw the Super Bowl. Maybe a regular season game but never a Super Bowl.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That "lowest INT pct" stat is overrated.

He could never make the key throws, really.

He was an average at best QB that just flat out sucked in the SB. It wasnt ALL his fault, but in the end, no, he wasnt paid off at all.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
Maverick41

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope.

It's well documented from other players that Hastings screwed up that route and that Neil was throwing where it was supposed to be.

Jaguarfan wrote:
holeman1 wrote:
Michael Floyd is on track for 13K yards this season

dude you don't know what K means
mosteelers

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maverick41 wrote:
Nope.

It's well documented from other players that Hastings screwed up that route and that Neil was throwing where it was supposed to be.

If I remember correctly (won't watch the game even though I bought the DVD) Ernie Mills got hurt right before that play. He was supposed to be the slot receiver to the right of that formation. HAstings stepped in and ran a Go. It was supposed to be a hot route and break an out route. O'Donnell should not have passed the ball, Hastings ran the wrong route, and the Steeler's dumb [inappropriate/removed] offensive coordinator (Gailey) should have ran the ball. I think it was 2nd and 3. Gailey hated to run the ball even though the Stealers were shoving down the Cowboys' throat that half. Sanders was literally afraid of Bam Morris. Why didn't we run the ball? Question

Sig courtesy of miafins23 Thanks
Matts4313

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:37 am    Post subject: Re: Was Neil O'Donnel bought out in Super Bowl XXX? Reply with quote

x0x wrote:

Yeah that Super Bowl.

WTF??? Is it your goal in life to make a Cowboys hate thread every other week?

I dont know what your problem is, but move on. You can have a life outside of the Cowboys hate.

For the record, the OP has started the following:
Teams that should not have won the superbowl (2 of them being Cowboys)
People who should not be in the HOF (Aikman was his answer)

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is ridiculous.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here I thought the NBA Conspiracy was crazy.

I think the Mob is behind it honestly.

“Anytime I step out there I give everything I got, on every single play.” - Ray Lewis
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghengis Graz wrote:
Andre Hastings was to run a hot route and did not. Neil put the ball right where he was supposed to be.

Ding ding! If Hastings had run the correct route we might talking about 7 Super Bowl wins for the Steelers, oh so close.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: