You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Meet The Eagles (Posters) - Gothman
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Meet The Eagles (Posters) - Gothman Reply with quote

Meet The Eagles (Posters)

Gothman25

Ok so we all sit on these boards and chat day in and day out about our beloved Eagles, but that begs to ask, what makes some of us tick? I’m going to start a series of interviews with some of our posters to take a little glimpse into how their world runs, and hopefully learn some interesting stuff along the way. First up is none other than the newly appointed moderator Gothman25.

1) You have just recently been named as the newest moderator to the Eagles boards. What was your reaction to hearing this news and do you have any big plans for the Eagles boards?

Quote:
I was quite humbled to be given such an honor. I can't say I have any "big plans," because I believe trying to shape the board in a way that I find acceptable is not moderating--it's dictatorship.

2) The Eagles just had a very good draft, easily in the top 10 of the league this year. Who is your favorite player from the Eagles draft and why?

Quote:
I'd have to say I'm torn between Ingram and Maclin. A couple of my buddies are hardcore Florida fans, so I've had more opportunity to observe Ingram than I have Maclin. However, given the way this offense is structured, I'm going with Maclin. If he plays up to his potential, he'll have a bigger impact on our SB chances than will Ingram; though, not by much.

3) You’ve just been selected as the new commissioner of the NFL. What are three changes you would make to the league and why?

Quote:
That's a tough one. I'll be honest: I don't really pay much attention to the various rule changes as they happen. Though, I suppose one change would be to try to even up things so that the offensive side of the ball wasn't so heavily favored. I'd get rid of the rule--I can't remember its official title--that was put into place after C. Palmer had his knee injured. I'll never forget M. Kiwanuka (?) wrapping up V. Young, and then letting him go before he even let go of the ball because he was afraid of being penalized.

A second thing I'd change would be to institute a rookie pay scale. When M. Stafford is guaranteed as much--or more--than some ten year veterans, something is gravely wrong.

A final thing I'd change would be to halve the number of games in the preseason. It serves little to no purpose. A team typically knows what it has by the time training camp is over. Preseason is just another chance for players to get injured.

4) You are given a time machine and are allowed to travel back in the past to watch only one NFL football game. What game would it be and why?

Quote:
I’d go back to December 26th, 1960. Watching the Birds hand Lombardi his only loss of the post-season would be historic.

5) Who, in your opinion, are the most underrated and overrated NFL players of all time?

Quote:
Underrated

Jay Novacek: Johnson, Aikman, Irvin, and Smith got almost all of the press. However, Novacek was as crucial a part of that offense as were any of them.

Earl Campbell: when people talk about the greatest NFL running backs to play the game, Campbell isn’t typically mentioned alongside guys like J. Brown, W. Payton, E. Smith, T. Dorsett, et cetera. He should be.

Tim Hauck: he ended M. Irvin’s career. Enough said.

Quote:
Overrated

Emmitt Smith: behind that o-line, I could become the NFL all-time rushing leader.

Peyton Manning: had he and Leaf switched draft places, he would have been out of the league within five years. Heck, had he been saddled with the crappy “weapons” McNabb has been, he’d have been out of the league long ago.

Brett Favre: even in his prime he was still sporadically good, at best. He has won three playoff games in twelve years. He is the NFL all-time interception leader, and it’s no surprise: he’s got to be the most reckless NFL QB to ever play the game. If he had the kind of weapons McNabb does, he would have never won anything, and probably would’ve been booed out of the league in under five years because he would’ve thrown an interception on almost every play. He “threads the needle”? No, more like he throws up a wounded duck and his receivers mercifully are able to bail him out time and again. He’s the E. Manning of the 90’s.

6) What is your favorite moment or memory as an Eagles fan?

Quote:
Watching time run out in the NFCCG in 2004.

7) You’re stuck on a desert island, besides food and water what 5 things do you need to get by?

Quote:
1) A book on ship-building.

2) Materials with which to build a ship.

3) A compass.

4) A nautical map.

5) A bit of luck.

8 ) You and your wife were planning on going to Ireland for your honeymoon, How was it? If you went somewhere else where did you go and how was that?

Quote:
Still planning on going to Ireland, but will have to wait until after the economy turns around, and we can build our savings account up a bit.

9) If you could have a beer with any 3 people in history, who would they be and why?

Quote:
James Madison, because I’d love to discuss the Federalist Papers with him.

St. Augustine of Hippo, because his writings have had a lot of influence on my weltanschauung.

Soren Kierkegaard, because of pretty much the same reason as St. Augustine.

10) Since the creation of sliced bread, what has been the greatest invention ever created?

Quote:
FootballsFuture.com Wink

11) If your television was broken and you could only watch one channel or one show for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?

Quote:
USA Network, because I love Burn Notice, In Plain Sight, Monk, Psych, Law and Order (SVC, CI, and the original), and NCIS.

Thanks for all of your time Gothman!

I have a few posters in mind for my next few interviews but if you have any recommendations of anyone that you would like to hear from please PM me your reccomendations.

Also I have to give credit where credit is due, I did borrow this idea from the thread in TAST and the current person doing the interviews, Dingo.

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.

Last edited by Hockey5djh on Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:41 pm; edited 4 times in total
Art_Vandalay

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea.

But I think Peyton would have succeeded anywhere he went. Indy was a god awful team when he got there. No defense and Marvin was already in the league for three years putting up average numbers. Peyton made him a star.

Bird Watch: DE Vinny Curry - Last seen robbing Philly of $47 mil
d-jackfan10

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool stuff.

But I can't say I agree with the Peyton Manning thing.

Winner of the Mocking Bird Award

“Intelligence is not to make no mistakes, but quickly to see how to make them good.” -Bertolt Brecht
ianlewis16

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great scalp to grab a mod to start things off Wink

Blahman88 wrote:
I control the EBB.......except Ian, no body can control him
UKEaglesFan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, something to keep us entertained during the next 3 long months!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job Hockey

I'm looking forward to next one. Cool

#JDI
Blahman88

Location: Eagles Forum HOF + Gold Standard 2014, Bringer of the Cavalry
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Work!

I may be off Dublin soon too, alo for me its only a ferry trip Very Happy
BLick12

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea, i like reading about people in TAET, but there are so many people on this board here that i would love to learn about.

Everyone knows Gothman is an OG this just proves it. Wink
Poloc2289

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a really cool idea. Nice job Hockey5djh!
mm6492

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw these in TAET and thought they would be a great idea. Glad to see someone is a bit more motivated then me Smile Smile

That Peyton thing is a stretch. I can see why he would be overrated but you took it a bit far. But I fully agree with Emmit Smith

The only problem with "having a beer with 3 people" is that 2 of them probably did not drink Wink
NoHypeNeeded

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to nominate myself for the next one Very Happy

P.S: Nice read, although I also disagree about Peyton.
gothman25

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mm6492 wrote:
The only problem with "having a beer with 3 people" is that 2 of them probably did not drink Wink

Of whom are you thinking? Granted: none of them were ever known as hardcore drunks; well, Augustine was in his younger days, but I had the adult Augustine in mind when I spoke of him. However, I don't think any of them were tee-totalers either.

The one and only Kiltman!

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned / Nor Hell a fury like a woman scorned." -- William Congreve
mm6492

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gothman25 wrote:
mm6492 wrote:

Of whom are you thinking? Granted: none of them were ever known as hardcore drunks; well, Augustine was in his younger days, but I had the adult Augustine in mind when I spoke of him. However, I don't think any of them were tee-totalers either.

I thought Augustine gave up drinking once he became a preist. But early in his life he was an alcoholic
guitRlord

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool idea. my wife and i will go to dublin for our ten year anniv so ten years away. if you're going to wait for the economy to rebound, we may meet up there.
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me just say...after doing this I definitely looked up the final two people you would have beer with. (as well as the word weltanschauung Laughing)

NEXT UP...STEEGLES

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: