You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Gun Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stance Punk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Anyone ever own a Walther pk380 or Sig P250c? I'm looking for something I can conceal easily and not spend a fortune on.

I mean you cant go wrong with a Sig. They are just fantastic. But you might want to look into a Sig 938 or the smaller 238. I like both more than the 250 for concealment tbh.

But honestly, you should look into the Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm Shield. Its the perfect carry weapon and it is a great price. If you know a wholesaler, you can get it for under $400. If not, $450 tops.

Ended up going with an XDS 9. A little pricier than I wanted, but hey....tax return. Cool

Ehhhhhhhh Confused Confused

Not a fan at all. Springfield just doesn't make a great polymer weapon. Did you get the 3.3?

Plus I just saw youre a LEO. So the M&P is perfect! lol

Yeah it's the 3.3. Really? Every review I read said it was a great gun. Felt great in my hand, easily concealable, nice sights, etc.

I'm a fan of it. My top three polymer handguns in the CCW role were the Glock 26, XDs, and Shield. The 26 has a huge positive with taking mags from the 17 and 19. Obviously the width is a negative which could eliminate it as a choice for many. I'd be happy with any three of those honestly. If I were adamant about carrying a .45, the XDs would definitely be a go to. It's the same external dimensions in both the 9 & 45.

The new Glock 43 is brand new so it's something to have in mind. Most stores don't have it in stock and it'll sell like hot cakes when it is stocked so it'll be hard to find.
pnies20

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stance Punk wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Anyone ever own a Walther pk380 or Sig P250c? I'm looking for something I can conceal easily and not spend a fortune on.

I mean you cant go wrong with a Sig. They are just fantastic. But you might want to look into a Sig 938 or the smaller 238. I like both more than the 250 for concealment tbh.

But honestly, you should look into the Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm Shield. Its the perfect carry weapon and it is a great price. If you know a wholesaler, you can get it for under $400. If not, $450 tops.

Ended up going with an XDS 9. A little pricier than I wanted, but hey....tax return. Cool

Ehhhhhhhh Confused Confused

Not a fan at all. Springfield just doesn't make a great polymer weapon. Did you get the 3.3?

Plus I just saw youre a LEO. So the M&P is perfect! lol

Yeah it's the 3.3. Really? Every review I read said it was a great gun. Felt great in my hand, easily concealable, nice sights, etc.

I'm a fan of it. My top three polymer handguns in the CCW role were the Glock 26, XDs, and Shield. The 26 has a huge positive with taking mags from the 17 and 19. Obviously the width is a negative which could eliminate it as a choice for many. I'd be happy with any three of those honestly. If I were adamant about carrying a .45, the XDs would definitely be a go to. It's the same external dimensions in both the 9 & 45.

The new Glock 43 is brand new so it's something to have in mind. Most stores don't have it in stock and it'll sell like hot cakes when it is stocked so it'll be hard to find.

Love the new springfields.

My brother-in-law (green beret) just got a PPQ. Shot great. He claims its one of the best sidearms he's ever shot.
Jeezla

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any of you have revolvers? I think I may get a old west style Colt SAA.

2018 Draft: Saquon Barkley + Court Sutton #20 #92 Fire Doof Pederson.
Fly Eagles Fly
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking of getting a pistol permit and I'm thinking of getting a cheap .357 magnum. I think that'll be a good starter hand gun since I can also shoot .38 special out of it a move it a .357 when I get used to firing it. What would be the best bang for my buck? Any cheap recommendations.

I'm also gonna try to get a NY legal AR15. Most are illegal now... but they've made certain guns to comply with the New York State Safe act which has failed since it went into effect.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
I'm thinking of getting a pistol permit and I'm thinking of getting a cheap .357 magnum. I think that'll be a good starter hand gun since I can also shoot .38 special out of it a move it a .357 when I get used to firing it. What would be the best bang for my buck? Any cheap recommendations.

I'm also gonna try to get a NY legal AR15. Most are illegal now... but they've made certain guns to comply with the New York State Safe act which has failed since it went into effect.

It's tough to give advice on which make and model you "should" buy because in the end to me feel is what is most important. When I first bought my pistol I was dead set on getting a Glock. Until I got to the gun store and started holding all the different models and I realized I did not like the feel of the Glocks at all. So he showed me a Sig Sauer and it fight my hand so nice I bought it on the spot. So that's my advice... go to the store give the guy a general idea what you're looking for and just feel them out and decide what you want.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:

.357 magnum is in no way a good starter gun in my opinion. The recoil and kick on those is hard to control even for an advanced shooter.

I am a fan of revolvers because they are just point and shoot. You don't have to worry about jams or anything like that.

But capacity is an issue, as most only hold 6 rounds max. And reloading can be an issue without and speed reloader.

I would suggest a semi-auto pistol. 9mm provides plenty of stopping power and gives you plenty of capacity. Also, 9mm are easy to handle and to keep on target. Just my 2 cents.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

.357 magnum is in no way a good starter gun in my opinion. The recoil and kick on those is hard to control even for an advanced shooter.

I am a fan of revolvers because they are just point and shoot. You don't have to worry about jams or anything like that.

But capacity is an issue, as most only hold 6 rounds max. And reloading can be an issue without and speed reloader.

I would suggest a semi-auto pistol. 9mm provides plenty of stopping power and gives you plenty of capacity. Also, 9mm are easy to handle and to keep on target. Just my 2 cents.

Agreed on the 9. Particularly for a starter.

With a 357 if you go with a heavy frame its going to just be uncomfortable. If you go with a light frame its going to kick like a mule. And you might be reduced to 5 shots depending on size/make/model.

There are a ton of nice, small, lightweight compacts in 9mm. Tons of them. With tons of accessories if youre into the after market thing. And the best thing, imo, is that as a beginner, you will need a lot of practice. And 9mm rounds are dirt cheap. You will spend a butt ton of money learning on a .357 compared to a 9. And trust me, if you are good with a 9, and have some good rounds, you will have all the stopping power you need. For 1 assailant or 10.

Kiltman on the sig!

2016 Adopt-a-Ram Jared Goff:
Comp:99 Att:185 Yards:969 TD:5 INT:7 Rating:65.7
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

Even if I do start out shooting .38 special out of it at the beginning???

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

Even if I do start out shooting .38 special out of it at the beginning???

.38 special should be perfectly fine. It's what I recommend to my 70 year old father. He is also pretty much dead set on things like revolvers and no semi-autos.
Love the versatility of shooting either 357 or 38.
For home defense strictly the size and weight of the revolver won't matter too much. Concealed Carry/Open carry would be a whole different story.
At least look at semi-autos but don't let absolutists talk you into things like "only buy semi-autos"
theKing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:

If you are really dead set on a .357mag if look at the ruger lcr. Great light weight carry gun
But have you looked at a semi auto .357sig at all?
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theKing wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

If you are really dead set on a .357mag if look at the ruger lcr. Great light weight carry gun

No I haven't. I've just been looking at revolvers

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
theKing wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

No I haven't. I've just been looking at revolvers

Well the nice thing is, with some of the 357 revolvers (particularly some rugers), when you run out of rounds you have a deadly club in hand. Ruger makes some spectacularly sturdy 357s. Laughing

Or wait... am I thinking of Taurus???

Kiltman on the sig!

2016 Adopt-a-Ram Jared Goff:
Comp:99 Att:185 Yards:969 TD:5 INT:7 Rating:65.7
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna be getting my concealed carry permit soon, so I'll be in the market for something a bit smaller than my 45. Suggestions? I don't like the look of snub-nose revolvers at all. And I'm not really a fan of glocks. I also don't like how a lot of smaller guns look like miniature bigger guns. I don't know how to make that make sense.
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
I'm gonna be getting my concealed carry permit soon, so I'll be in the market for something a bit smaller than my 45. Suggestions? I don't like the look of snub-nose revolvers at all. And I'm not really a fan of glocks. I also don't like how a lot of smaller guns look like miniature bigger guns. I don't know how to make that make sense.

It does make sense. I carry a Springfield XD9 with the 3.3" barrel. It's still a double stack but still very concealable. Prints a little bit more than a single stack like a Sig or Shield but I've got the same feeling on that as you and the Springfield is the ticket.
Gmen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a gun guy. I'm looking to buy a .22 mostly for target practice, but also something that looks good for display. I came across the Henry Golden Boy 22 LR, which I think absolutely looks like a million bucks. The thing is that I've never shot a lever action rifle before. Anyone have any experience or thoughts on this rifle?

https://www.henryrifles.com/rifles/golden-boy/

It goes for around $500.

scar988 wrote:
I'm of the belief the best QB in NY right now (July 2017) is Geno Smith.

SMH

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 48 of 50

Jump to: