Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Not a Good Sign at ALL....
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaiderSam

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Not a Good Sign at ALL.... Reply with quote

According to beat writer Jerry McDonald, JaMarcus Russell's passing performance at Wednesday's OTA was "awful."

Coach Tom Cable blamed Russell's woeful accuracy on the "newness of the passing game," which will incorporate more vertical plays. One would expect Russell to flourish in that system because of his big arm, but he threw multiple interceptions and nearly had one picked in the red zone. And this is non-contact work. It's not been a promising offseason for Russell so far.
Source: Oakland Tribune

Sad Sad I know its early but still, this is suppose to be our franchise and he's lookin awful??? C'MON MAN Evil or Very Mad Mad d'oh!
I jus hope he gets this fixed by Training camp Pray

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

russell needs to get his head up outta his [inappropriate/removed],and start performing...im tired of the excuses....complete the damn ball,damn it...
riceraider8080

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry McDonald is consistently reporting this "awfulness" from JaMarcus and though I hate to say it, he seems to be off to a terrible start.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will hold my judgement until at least preseason. His accuracy was fine the last five-six games of the season, I don't think he forgot how to throw the ball between and then and now.
BayArea07

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROB GIZZLE wrote:
russell needs to get his head up outta his -,and start performing...im tired of the excuses....complete the damn ball,damn it...

Talk about overreacting. Again, it's just OTA's. Chill. This is what these are for. Once training camp rolls around, and this is still going on, then you could start talking. OTA's are OTA's.

Last edited by BayArea07 on Wed May 20, 2009 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
riceraider8080

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

manbearpig wrote:
I will hold my judgement until at least preseason. His accuracy was fine the last five-six games of the season, I don't think he forgot how to throw the ball between and then and now.

The same way he was great that last 2 games of his rookie year and then was terribly inaccurate the first half of last season?

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

riceraider8080 wrote:
manbearpig wrote:

The same way he was great that last 2 games of his rookie year and then was terribly inaccurate the first half of last season?

Did you ever stop to think that maybe Hackett is trying to change somethings about Russell's game? Maybe his mechanics, throwing motion or footwork? It all takes work.

Stop overreacting homeboy.
*Raiders4life*

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OTA's.....

Props to cdUbs14 for the sick sig!

"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays!!"-Richard Seymour
DarthDavis

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is exactly why we have this extra camp because of the adjustments to the new passing game and coaching staff on a whole.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayArea07 wrote:
ROB GIZZLE wrote:
russell needs to get his head up outta his -,and start performing...im tired of the excuses....complete the damn ball,damn it...

Talk about overreacting. Again, it's just OTA's. Chill. This is what these are for. Once training camp rolls around, and this is still going on, then you could start talking. OTA's are OTA's.

umm idc when it is! its in FREAKING SHORTS AND NO CONTACT! he should own guys! there his accuracy is pretty bad. stop being a homer and just admit it! the guy needs work and lots. he should have maybe one IF two passes int. but multiple????? umm i dont think so guys.. this is not looking good for him. he should start the season and play all year but his accuracy sucks and i dont think there has been one good report on him in OTA's. Thats PATHETIC! wow.. this is not looking good. Crying or Very sad and dont say its too early when he cant hit players in none contact.. that's the big thing. no excuses what so ever.

Awesome Sig. By lago_vista
ROB GIZZLE

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayArea07 wrote:
riceraider8080 wrote:
manbearpig wrote:

Did you ever stop to think that maybe Hackett is trying to change somethings about Russell's game? Maybe his mechanics, throwing motion or footwork? It all takes work.

your right,it just sucks having to hear this and go right back to defending him over and over agian...hackett is probably tweaking his delivery or something...or switching something up in his footwork or something he sees that can help him...this is OTAs...cant blame me for being on edge tho....i need some wins this year Laughing
riceraider8080

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayArea07 wrote:
riceraider8080 wrote:
manbearpig wrote:

I'm not overreacting at all. Maybe you guys think I am because you thought he would be incredible but I'm not afraid to say I didn't want to pick him because of how raw he was. Now you're seeing why I took that stance.

I want him to succeed but if he's a bust or underachieves I won't be surprised at all. But I'm not overreacting. I'm seeing exactly what I expected to see from a player like him coming out.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayArea07 wrote:
ROB GIZZLE wrote:

THANK YOU
no further comment needed

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garcia is getting closer and closer to assuming the starting role. I read an article about OTA's about good passing QBs and how in no contact drills the ball never hits the ground, Russell accuracy issues just seem to get worse. Again, who cares how hard and how far a guy can throw when he can't hit the broad side of a barn. It was an issue in 2007 (which is why I said pass on drafting him) and here it is an issue in 2009, big surprise.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair the article also says that Garcia wasn't sharp either. At this stage with a new OC and without Walker, DHB and Zach Miller I would be more surprised if Russell was looking fantastic. There are bound to be teething problems for a QB as young as Russell getting used to a new OC and QB coach.

If this were August I would be worried but May....... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
#clueless

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 1 of 17

Jump to: