You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Golf Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S33K

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final round of the last major of the season. This battle between Day and Spieth is going to be awesome. Pulling for Day to get his first major.
CAS22

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great moment. So happy for Day, he has wanted it so bad for so long.
flyers0909

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:
What a great moment. So happy for Day, he has wanted it so bad for so long.

Me too, that was so awesome. He seems like such an awesome dude, I'm really glad he got that 1st one.

Smack on the Lindor
Rammy on the Claude
S33K

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to Jason Day, class act all the way. Only fitting that he should set a new record and shoot a -20 for the tournament.

Also, congrats to Jordan Spieth on becoming the new world #1 and setting the total combined scores for all the majors put together. Wow, what a way to end the majors this season. Already looking forward to next season.
flyers0909

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S33K wrote:
Congratulations to Jason Day, class act all the way. Only fitting that he should set a new record and shoot a -20 for the tournament.

Also, congrats to Jordan Spieth on becoming the new world #1 and setting the total combined scores for all the majors put together. Wow, what a way to end the majors this season. Already looking forward to next season.

54 under for the majors Laughing

Just insane.

Smack on the Lindor
Rammy on the Claude
S33K

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyers0909 wrote:
54 under for the majors Laughing

Just insane.

That bunker shot at 16 I believe, just summed up his entire major season. Absolutely unbelievable what he's doing at his age.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to Day!

Thanks to UniversalAuthor for the Sidney Crosby sig
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really know nothing about golf but I keep hearing that tiger sucks now. And has for a few years. What happened to him ? Is it mental ? Is it the cheating stuff from years ago ? Seems like that's when it all went down hill with him.

2016 Adopt A Brown: Al Saunders
S33K

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
I really know nothing about golf but I keep hearing that tiger sucks now. And has for a few years. What happened to him ? Is it mental ? Is it the cheating stuff from years ago ? Seems like that's when it all went down hill with him.

Can't hit a straight tee shot to save his life, and his putting/approach game has been the most inconsistent it has been his entire career.

Then, on top of all of that, you have the mental flaws he seems to be enduring. He just doesn't seem confident in his game anymore, although, he's doing good right now as we speak. We'll see how long that last.
Speed_Wrench

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S33K wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:

Can't hit a straight tee shot to save his life, and his putting/approach game has been the most inconsistent it has been his entire career.

Then, on top of all of that, you have the mental flaws he seems to be enduring. He just doesn't seem confident in his game anymore, although, he's doing good right now as we speak. We'll see how long that last.

He will get it together, only 2 years ago he was voted player of the year and won 5 times on tour, he changed swing coaches which I think was smart Foley was not working for him, the tournaments he won where big events in 2013 Memorial, Bayhill, etc, a talent like Tiger doesn't just fade away like in other sports he dominated at such a high level it was just amazing. I'll say it here 2017 Tiger will win his 15th major and that will be Augusta again in 2019 he has a good shot at the US open when it returns to Pebble and I really am hoping for that since I will be there the whole week.
S33K

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speed_Wrench wrote:
He will get it together, only 2 years ago he was voted player of the year and won 5 times on tour, he changed swing coaches which I think was smart Foley was not working for him, the tournaments he won where big events in 2013 Memorial, Bayhill, etc, a talent like Tiger doesn't just fade away like in other sports he dominated at such a high level it was just amazing. I'll say it here 2017 Tiger will win his 15th major and that will be Augusta again in 2019 he has a good shot at the US open when it returns to Pebble and I really am hoping for that since I will be there the whole week.

There is no way that Tiger's going to win Augusta at 40. Absolutely no chance he's beating out any of the young guns four days in a row on such a brutal golf course. I want to say the 2019 predication is more plausible, but even that seems like a fat chance.

On a more serious note, Jason Day continues to roll with yet another win, this time at The Barclays. With the win he takes over first place in the FedEx Cup rankings, topping Jordan Speith who failed to make the cut.
Speed_Wrench

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S33K wrote:
Speed_Wrench wrote:

There is no way that Tiger's going to win Augusta at 40. Absolutely no chance he's beating out any of the young guns four days in a row on such a brutal golf course. I want to say the 2019 predication is more plausible, but even that seems like a fat chance.

On a more serious note, Jason Day continues to roll with yet another win, this time at The Barclays. With the win he takes over first place in the FedEx Cup rankings, topping Jordan Speith who failed to make the cut.

Out of all the majors The Masters it seems has more champions over 40 or right at it, I would bet the number of 35 - 40 year olds winners is very large.

Here are some at 40 year old winners and above

Nicklaus 46 1986
Crenshaw 43 1995
Mickelson (turn 40) 2010
Player 43 1978
Snead 40,42 1952,1954
Demaret 40 1950
Cabrera 40 2009
O'Meara 42 1998

Tiger still hits the ball plenty far enough and Augusta despite all the new technology that players have to map it out still fools the inexperienced sooner or later, Jordan Spieth is an exception to this but more often than not the more seasoned players do well there.
SimsZilla

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

question for all you golf people.
im buying my GF a set for xmas, and she is 5 footish, should i get a petite womens set or a regular womens set? she played with a womens set before and it was fine but im just not sure and cant find my answer anywhere
Speed_Wrench

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SimsZilla wrote:
im buying my GF a set for xmas, and she is 5 footish, should i get a petite womens set or a regular womens set? she played with a womens set before and it was fine but im just not sure and cant find my answer anywhere

Probably ok with standard length and lie, if they do feel a bit long she can always choke down an inch or two, a clubfitter can also cut them down fairly cheap, bottom line is it's always easier to take away than to add.
SimsZilla

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speed_Wrench wrote:
SimsZilla wrote:

Probably ok with standard length and lie, if they do feel a bit long she can always choke down an inch or two, a clubfitter can also cut them down fairly cheap, bottom line is it's always easier to take away than to add.
awesome thanks!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 17 of 19

Jump to: