Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Golf Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ACDC_Rocks024

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the best driver I can get for 200 or less? I'm looking at a new Burner, or maybe a Nike SQ. I'm looking for the most distance possible, with little loft. I currently don't have a driver, I'm stuck with a 3 wood...

-Jimi Hendrix
brownsfan1710

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACDC, I'd go to a GOlf Galaxy, and go used... A friend on my golf team picked up an R7 for 70 because of a small nick,and a dent the size of your pinky nail on the back edge of the driver.

anyway, I'll straight up say I'm not good, ten handicap. Our varsity team is ridiculously stacked for D3 HS. Our top three are 39-43....
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...Tiger played okay today.

Cool

vikingsrule wrote:
Offense (Air Coryell):

QB - Matt Cassel
ColumbusCrewzer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anybody see Brandt Snedeker? Haha.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownsfan1710 wrote:
ACDC, I'd go to a GOlf Galaxy, and go used... A friend on my golf team picked up an R7 for 70 because of a small nick,and a dent the size of your pinky nail on the back edge of the driver.

anyway, I'll straight up say I'm not good, ten handicap. Our varsity team is ridiculously stacked for D3 HS. Our top three are 39-43....

You can get a lot of nice drivers for under 200, check ebay for NEW drivers of a specific kind and you'll find some good deals. I wouldn't go used.

Sorry to break it to you man, but 39-43 is not stacked. My high school was AA (about 200 people/year) and my Freshman and Sophomore years all 6 of our starters were shooting 35-41 consistently, and we didn't even make it past Regionals either year. There are some REALLY good players out there.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6th 1's Romo's wrote:
brownsfan1710 wrote:

You can get a lot of nice drivers for under 200, check ebay for NEW drivers of a specific kind and you'll find some good deals. I wouldn't go used.

Sorry to break it to you man, but 39-43 is not stacked. My high school was AA (about 200 people/year) and my Freshman and Sophomore years all 6 of our starters were shooting 35-41 consistently, and we didn't even make it past Regionals either year. There are some REALLY good players out there.

We are low end D3, averaging 117 kids a year. out of 468 kids, 12 came out for golf. So, considering that, its pretty decent.

Anyway, I played a match today, Ball Striking was great, I hit 7 of 7 fairways(minus the par threes). I hit six greens in regulation(both par 3's, which I both pared.) I pared two more holes, but MELTED when I got to the green. I just couldn't drop my putts, and easily should have shot a sub 40, when I shot a 45.....
6th 1's Romo's

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownsfan1710 wrote:
6th 1's Romo's wrote:
brownsfan1710 wrote:

We are low end D3, averaging 117 kids a year. out of 468 kids, 12 came out for golf. So, considering that, its pretty decent.

Anyway, I played a match today, Ball Striking was great, I hit 7 of 7 fairways(minus the par threes). I hit six greens in regulation(both par 3's, which I both pared.) I pared two more holes, but MELTED when I got to the green. I just couldn't drop my putts, and easily should have shot a sub 40, when I shot a 45.....

That's always frustrating. I have my Fall Conference Championships in upstate NY this weekend. We leave tomorrow morning. Can't wait Very Happy

5 hour drive sucks though Sad

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone ever tried illegal or non conforming golf balls? I never have and been playing for a long time and I've always been curious if they really add say 40 or 50 yards to a drive.There is one hole at a golf course a lot of my co-workers go to and theres a par 4 about 350 yards with water in front but if you can hit a drive with about 295 carry you can get it close in stead of laying up.I have tried making it over but seem to come up about 5-10 yards short.I know the yardage is right on cause I use a bushnell.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright I am in the business for new irons. I am looking in the 600-900 dollar range. Any Suggestions? I am seriously considering the Callaway x-22 tour Irons and the taylormade tp Irons. Anyone hit these? Also, who out there plays blades or near blades? Right now I'm working with some Ping eye2's (black dot) and am wondering how much less forgiveness I will get with the x-22 tour irons? I'm a pretty good golfer I probably average between an 86-90 for an average course. I hit my Irons straight and well (my best part of my game), so what will the transition be like?

thizz on the sig
SUfbondarebound

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

favre4life2184 wrote:
Alright I am in the business for new irons. I am looking in the 600-900 dollar range. Any Suggestions? I am seriously considering the Callaway x-22 tour Irons and the taylormade tp Irons. Anyone hit these? Also, who out there plays blades or near blades? Right now I'm working with some Ping eye2's (black dot) and am wondering how much less forgiveness I will get with the x-22 tour irons? I'm a pretty good golfer I probably average between an 86-90 for an average course. I hit my Irons straight and well (my best part of my game), so what will the transition be like?

I got the X-22s earlier this summer. I play the cavity backs, and I really like the feel of them. I'm in the same scoring range as you. I had Nike blades prior to getting them, and the transition was fairly easy. Obviously, you making the opposite change, but in general, blades are easy enough to get the hang of if you play enough.

11/16/2008 = The Return to SU Football Glory Begins
6th 1's Romo's

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

favre4life2184 wrote:

I play Mizuno MP-60s, they're muscle backs, which are close to blades. I can pretty much guarantee you'll notice a pretty big difference between eye2s and x-22 tours. I've never played the taylormade tps, a buddy of mine has them but I never hit them. I have hit the x-22s however and I really like them, and they're actually forgiving as they aren't exactly "blades." After a couple rounds you'll either love them or hate them..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6th 1's Romo's wrote:
favre4life2184 wrote:

I play Mizuno MP-60s, they're muscle backs, which are close to blades. I can pretty much guarantee you'll notice a pretty big difference between eye2s and x-22 tours. I've never played the taylormade tps, a buddy of mine has them but I never hit them. I have hit the x-22s however and I really like them, and they're actually forgiving as they aren't exactly "blades." After a couple rounds you'll either love them or hate them..

I hit the X-22's yesterday and I'm not going to lie it was a struggle. But I did start to get used to them as time went on. I definitely hit a pretty big fade with them. I still want to hit the TP's (I believe they are muscle backs like your mizunos) but I am a fan of the x-22's.

thizz on the sig
favre4life2184

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACDC_Rocks024 wrote:
What's the best driver I can get for 200 or less? I'm looking at a new Burner, or maybe a Nike SQ. I'm looking for the most distance possible, with little loft. I currently don't have a driver, I'm stuck with a 3 wood...

I hit the Burner and I was not a fan. The shaft felt really light and the contact felt weird. It seemed as if I was swinging to fast for the club. That said, I also hit the tour burner tp and liked it a lot better.

thizz on the sig
bbelan2343

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tour Burner TP is my driver. Won it on a long drive contest at a customer outing. I hit the hell out of this club. At the conclusion of the last "golf bug" I had, this club was the main reason I kept my personal best handicap at 8ish.
Morons at the dollar store are selling dinosaurs for a buck

Let's go Pirates!!
RAIDER523

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone here made a hole in one? I have come close a few times like a foot or two and the closest shot ever was a duece on a par 4 from 120 yards out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 8 of 16

Jump to: