Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Colin Kaepernick???
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Butter


Joined: 23 Dec 2004
Posts: 84
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:04 pm    Post subject: Colin Kaepernick??? Reply with quote

When Hue Jackson interviewed with the Niners, it was reported that he liked Kaep. Is there any chance the Browns would be interested in trading for Keep? That would free them up to draft a player like Bosa.
_________________
Football is won in the trenches.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
LETSGOBROWNIES


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 10795
Location: CINCINNATI
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Colin Kaepernick??? Reply with quote

Butter wrote:
When Hue Jackson interviewed with the Niners, it was reported that he liked Kaep. Is there any chance the Browns would be interested in trading for Keep? That would free them up to draft a player like Bosa.


I can't see it.

He's not good, not young and not cheap.
_________________


First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 36696
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Colin Kaepernick??? Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Butter wrote:
When Hue Jackson interviewed with the Niners, it was reported that he liked Kaep. Is there any chance the Browns would be interested in trading for Keep? That would free them up to draft a player like Bosa.


I can't see it.

He's not good, not young and not cheap.


he is 28 and only started 4 seasons. His age is just fine. I think Keap can be a good QB with the right HC. I think Hue could be one of those coaches.

I wouldnt trade for him tho
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BleedTheClock


Joined: 17 Nov 2014
Posts: 3368
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: Colin Kaepernick??? Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Butter wrote:
When Hue Jackson interviewed with the Niners, it was reported that he liked Kaep. Is there any chance the Browns would be interested in trading for Keep? That would free them up to draft a player like Bosa.


I can't see it.

He's not good, not young and not cheap.


he is 28 and only started 4 seasons. His age is just fine. I think Keap can be a good QB with the right HC. I think Hue could be one of those coaches.

I wouldnt trade for him tho


28 year old QB? Almost old enough for the Browns to draft.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Onizuka


Joined: 10 Dec 2011
Posts: 1159
Location: Austin, TX
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: Colin Kaepernick??? Reply with quote

BleedTheClock wrote:
buno67 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Butter wrote:
When Hue Jackson interviewed with the Niners, it was reported that he liked Kaep. Is there any chance the Browns would be interested in trading for Keep? That would free them up to draft a player like Bosa.


I can't see it.

He's not good, not young and not cheap.


he is 28 and only started 4 seasons. His age is just fine. I think Keap can be a good QB with the right HC. I think Hue could be one of those coaches.

I wouldnt trade for him tho


28 year old QB? Almost old enough for the Browns to draft.


He would be a lot better than our previous 29 yr old rookie Wink

but I do agree with others...he needs the right HC to thrive......I wouldn't trade for him, but, wouldn't be angry if Hue went with Kaep and got someone like Bosa......I'd feel confident in Hue teaching Kaep.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sdrawkcab321


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 27761
Location: Cleveland
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. He's not good at being a QB.
_________________
malibuspeedrace wrote:
Ff is so special sometimes.
Bring your helmets and hold a hand



Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12689
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote


_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 27789
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe at TE or WR
_________________

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ditchdigger


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 18881
Location: Gahanna, OH
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conditional 7th?

Yeah, that sounds about right.

Conditional 7th.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hornbybrown


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 18076
Location: 1600 Pennyslvania Ave
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
Conditional 7th?

Yeah, that sounds about right.

Conditional 7th.


Is he not a free agent? Either way I'm not that interested. McCown is better.
_________________


Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ditchdigger


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 18881
Location: Gahanna, OH
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
Conditional 7th?

Yeah, that sounds about right.

Conditional 7th.


Is he not a free agent? Either way I'm not that interested. McCown is better.


http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/colin-kaepernick/

Still under contract through 2020.

Would need a serious re-negotiation on that contract commensurate with a 3rd stringer's salary, since that's what he'd be here.

McCown is better, though.

Thinking about it, that Conditional 7th is probably a little too much for that contract.

Probably just wait until Chip cuts him and pick him up for a fraction of that current deal, if you really want him.

I think he'd be a fine 3rd stringer.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
freakygeniuskid


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2007
Posts: 7404
Location: Charlotte, NC
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he gets cut, I'd love to take a look as an incentive laden contract commensurate with being a high-risk, high reward backup.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sparroww77


Joined: 09 Mar 2006
Posts: 3842
Location: 15 miles west of factory of sadness
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not worth trading for and would only bring him in for the league minimum for a try out bases
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Browns1987


Joined: 21 Oct 2013
Posts: 1980
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not worth trading for or the money he is making.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Butter


Joined: 23 Dec 2004
Posts: 84
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
Conditional 7th?

Yeah, that sounds about right.

Conditional 7th.


Is he not a free agent? Either way I'm not that interested. McCown is better.


http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/colin-kaepernick/

Still under contract through 2020.

Would need a serious re-negotiation on that contract commensurate with a 3rd stringer's salary, since that's what he'd be here.

McCown is better, though.

Thinking about it, that Conditional 7th is probably a little too much for that contract.

Probably just wait until Chip cuts him and pick him up for a fraction of that current deal, if you really want him.

I think he'd be a fine 3rd stringer.


You have to read the fine print at the bottom of the pace of the link you posted.

Quote:
Kaep does not have a $114 million contract.
$12.97M initially guaranteed (2014 salary + signing bonus)
2015 salary fully guarantees on 4/1/15
2016 salary fully guarantees on 4/1/16
2017 salary fully guarantees on 4/1/17
$5.2M of 2018 salary fully guarantees on 4/1/18
2015-2020: $125,000 per game bonus ($2M, 9 LTBE in 2016)
Annual $2M De-escalator unless he:
Is named 1st or 2nd team All-Pro
OR
Wins the NFC Title Game, with 80% regular season playing time, & 80% of postseason playing time.
Must purchase (after-tax dollars) a disability policy for $20 million if suffers career-ending injury paid to 49ers


Kaep does not have a $114M contract. He has a sequence of 1 year deals that do not Kick in until April. If the Browns picked him up, they could cut him after one year.

Personnally, I really want him to stay with the Niners. Hes going to look infinitely better in Chip Kelly's offense than he did in that dumpster fire offense last year.[/quote]
_________________
Football is won in the trenches.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group