Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trading down
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:40 am    Post subject: Trading down Reply with quote

What is your level of interest in trading down next April? Obviously our front office likes having a lot of ammunition, what about you?

Would you trade down? Under what circumstances? What type of compensation would you want? How far are you willing to go?

Personally I am game at this point I believe. As much as I'd love to draft a guy like Garrett, there's no guarantee he'll be great (or any other player). I'd be willing to move down for roughly the same compensation as was acquired last year. I think 12-15 would be my absolute limit as far as how far down I'd go.

Having two picks between 10-20 and 3 second rounders as well as two 1sts ans 2nds next year would be pretty nice.

Why would I trade down? A couple reasons. First, we're not one player away. In fact we're probably a dozen players away. We need all the talent we can get. Secondly, while like the top end talent, I LOVE the depth of this draft. With a trade down I think we could draft 6 starting caliber talents in the first 75 picks.

Thoughts?

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.

Adopt-a-Brown 2016
Carl Nassib
Derrick Kindred
candyman93

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to know the following things before I give the green light:

1. Myles health.
2. How Mitch does during the combine and if he can show his IQ.
3. How Johnathan Allen tests out length wise. I want to know how long his arms are. Arm length is not the end all be all, but I'd be worried if he has T-Rex arms.

Those guys are my big board top 3.

2016 Adopt a Brownie - Joe Schoebert & Christian Kirksey
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I saw what everyone else sees in Trubisky...

Adopt-a-Brown 2016
Carl Nassib
Derrick Kindred
candyman93

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:

All the physical tools you look for. Protects the football and doesn't make dumb decisions (2 of his 4 INTs were in the Hurricane game against Va Tech). His system is his biggest knock.

LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:

All the physical tools you look for. Protects the football and doesn't make dumb decisions (2 of his 4 INTs were in the Hurricane game against Va Tech). His system is his biggest knock.

What's elite about him? Average size, decent arm (by NFL standards), decent mobility. Great completion percentage but mostly screens. I haven't seen a lot of tight window throws in the games I've seen, not much in the way of intermediate passes. A lot of his big plays come when he's got all day to throw to a wide open receivers.

He looks like a slightly better version of Kessler to me. Andy Daltonesque. That's not a bad thing, but that's not a number 1 overall QB to me. He'd have, at best, the 3rd best physical skill set in our division, and even that's debatable IMO.

Adopt-a-Brown 2016
Carl Nassib
Derrick Kindred
candyman93

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:

What's elite about him? Average size, decent arm (by NFL standards), decent mobility. Great completion percentage but mostly screens. I haven't seen a lot of tight window throws in the games I've seen, not much in the way of intermediate passes. A lot of his big plays come when he's got all day to throw to a wide open receivers.

He looks like a slightly better version of Kessler to me. Andy Daltonesque. That's not a bad thing, but that's not a number 1 overall QB to me. He'd have, at best, the 3rd best physical skill set in our division, and even that's debatable IMO.

Wow.

We really disagree on the arm strength and I'm usually very critical of QB arm strength. We disagree on the open wide receivers part. Watch his last game and his game against Pittsburgh. I feel like you watched YouTube clips when you came to that conclusion. Trub reminds me of Carr without the hyper inflated system to increase his stats.

LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:

Wow.

We really disagree on the arm strength and I'm usually very critical of QB arm strength. We disagree on the open wide receivers part. Watch his last game and his game against Pittsburgh. I feel like you watched YouTube clips when you came to that conclusion. Trub reminds me of Carr without the hyper inflated system to increase his stats.

I have been watching cutups of all throws, it's really the only time effective way to get a look at all these guys. I haven't watched the Pitt game but I watched Duke, VaTech, and Miami.

His arm strength is poor, it's just not anywhere near elite by NFL standards IMO. He's able to air it out and all that, but I don't see the snap throws into coverage with zip like I do with other prospects like Webb and Mohomes. Those guys, especially Webb, launch the ball easily down field and can throw absolute frozen ropes across the middle and they don't need to step into the throw much to do it. That's all I'm saying.

Carr is a good comp physically, but Carr was a 4 year starter too. He was also a second rounder.

Adopt-a-Brown 2016
Carl Nassib
Derrick Kindred
Browns1987

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt go lower than #3.
If the 49ers or whoever picks #3 want to trade up to get Trubisky, I would seriously consider it.
Walking away with Garrett or Allen plus more picks would be awesome.
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have a bad taste in my mouth about not being able to get Bosa and Elliot or Wentz for that matter. I'm really sick about Bosa though, (and to think the last month of Draft season word was he was going to drop)

I'm still meh on Garrett, im not going to lie. I've been impressed with Barnett, super impressed with Allen. I guess I would be fine with Garrett but he needs to have a definitive moment or play to show his potential for me, I just need to see more. (Plus who would he start over?)

I guess I wouldn't mind someone wanting to give up a ransom for the #1 pick, it would be even sweeter if it involved a QB that could help us.

What happened to Gabe Wright?, he gave us at least a little bit of interior pressure.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
I just have a bad taste in my mouth about not being able to get Bosa and Elliot or Wentz for that matter. I'm really sick about Bosa though, (and to think the last month of Draft season word was he was going to drop)

I'm still meh on Garrett, im not going to lie. I've been impressed with Barnett, super impressed with Allen. I guess I would be fine with Garrett but he needs to have a definitive moment or play to show his potential for me, I just need to see more. (Plus who would he start over?)

I guess I wouldn't mind someone wanting to give up a ransom for the #1 pick, it would be even sweeter if it involved a QB that could help us.

What happened to Gabe Wright?, he gave us at least a little bit of interior pressure.

No clue where Gabe Wright has been. I feel like I saw more from him than Paea in the small amount he played.

Adopt-a-Brown 2016
Carl Nassib
Derrick Kindred
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't trade down further than 4-7 right now. I still have some more players to watch and we still have to see who declares. I'm not against trading down but coming out of the draft with a blue chipper is a must true blue chip talent is what this team lacks.

Jamison on the sig
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:

No clue where Gabe Wright has been. I feel like I saw more from him than Paea in the small amount he played.

Good vs the run and worthless pass rushing
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:

worthless

Fify

Adopt-a-Brown 2016
Carl Nassib
Derrick Kindred
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:

worthless

Fify

Laughing
shoffma1999

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be willing to trade down, but not likely very far. I would probably only be willing to go as low as #3. Staying in the top 3 would permit us to land one of Myles Garrett, Jonathan Allen, or Mitch Trubisky, with all of whom I would be happy. I would want an additional 2nd rounder this year or a 1st next year. Having two first rounders this year, still landing one of the elite talents, and having three 2nd rounders would go a long way toward improving this team.

- Props to 64 CHAMPS for the awesome sig -

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: