Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns Sign Aaron Berry
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Browns Sign Aaron Berry Reply with quote

Josh Gordon gets a speeding ticket and all hell breaks loose because the kid is classless/troublemaker/etc

we sign ex lion Aaron Berry who has a DUI and pointed a gun at three bystanders and no chirping

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/06/cleveland_browns_giving_former.html

discuss
candyman93

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a scrub that won't make the final 53. It's probably why nobody is mentioning him.

You've been here 7 and still haven't picked a team.
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Browns Sign Aaron Berry Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
Josh Gordon gets a speeding ticket and all hell breaks loose because the kid is classless/troublemaker/etc

we sign ex lion Aaron Berry who has a DUI and pointed a gun at three bystanders and no chirping

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/06/cleveland_browns_giving_former.html

discuss

No chirping because Berry might not even make the team, while Gordon is headed down a road to waste top 3 WR potential. And if you believe people are upset with him because of a "speeding ticket" I have some great ocean front property in Arizona I'd like to talk with you about.
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Browns Sign Aaron Berry Reply with quote

BwickBrownie wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:

discuss

No chirping because Berry might not even make the team, while Gordon is headed down a road to waste top 3 WR potential. And if you believe people are upset with him because of a "speeding ticket" I have some great ocean front property in Arizona I'd like to talk with you about.

no i know all full well why people are pissed at josh gordon: they want the young man to give up all of his friends, and because he hasnt- assume that he hasnt changed his life. For this, they are persecuting the young man without all of the entire set of facts and evidence. im actually really surprised how quickly we've turned on our own. we've also resorted to pretty personal attacks and inferences as to josh gordon's level of class- feelings towards society/the world without ever speaking to the man.

all because his friend had weed, and he wasn't charged for it.

aaron berry could make our team and ACTUALLY has crimes on his rap sheet since he's been in the NFL- involving guns and getting behind the wheel of the car while intoxicated.

if it comes out that josh gordon was high during his speeding ticket and that he did in fact smoke weed to get the suspension- then yeah, sure, hate on.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brought in to mentor Gordon obviously.

#FreeJoshGordon
BwickBrownie wrote:
looks like Ditch's infinite wisdom is correct again.
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those bystanders had it coming

Thomas5737

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Browns Sign Aaron Berry Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:

discuss

no i know all full well why people are pissed at josh gordon: they want the young man to give up all of his friends, and because he hasnt- assume that he hasnt changed his life. For this, they are persecuting the young man without all of the entire set of facts and evidence. im actually really surprised how quickly we've turned on our own. we've also resorted to pretty personal attacks and inferences as to josh gordon's level of class- feelings towards society/the world without ever speaking to the man.

aaron berry could make our team and ACTUALLY has crimes on his rap sheet since he's been in the NFL- involving guns and getting behind the wheel of the car while intoxicated.

if it comes out that josh gordon was high during his speeding ticket and that he did in fact smoke weed to get the suspension- then yeah, sure, hate on.

It is possible that it was prescription cough syrup not the purple drank. It is possible Gordon missed his drug test (and would have passed) and not that he actually had a failed test. It is possible that he was unaware his friend had weed on him (don't really care one way or another I wouldn't kick my friend out of the car because he had it on him, his problem not mine). Of course nobody rides for free so the dude would have to pay with gas...unless he is into the 3rd choice, thats up to him.

Maybe not too, but if anyone should be supporting him while there is still a valid reason to do so it should be Browns fans.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: Browns Sign Aaron Berry Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: Browns Sign Aaron Berry Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:

discuss

It is possible that it was prescription cough syrup not the purple drank. It is possible Gordon missed his drug test (and would have passed) and not that he actually had a failed test. It is possible that he was unaware his friend had weed on him (don't really care one way or another I wouldn't kick my friend out of the car because he had it on him, his problem not mine). Of course nobody rides for free so the dude would have to pay with gas...unless he is into the 3rd choice, thats up to him.
Maybe not too, but if anyone should be supporting him while there is still a valid reason to do so it should be Browns fans.

You left out the confirmed rash of problems with weed that lead to him jumping ship from the NCAA to the NFL. So if people want to bury their heads in the sand with Gordon, view each instance as an isolated problem where maybe something else could have happened, then that's your prerogative, but I take the Occam's razor approach here... a confirmed history of having a weed problem vs. all those assumptions you make to justify his actions or make him the victim of circumstance. No one on FF (I'm assuming) is the deciding vote on whether he's suspended or not, so it's actually good that there is no group think here.
I completely disagree with your last sentence though... I think a Browns fan should be the first one hoping he addresses the reality and nature of his issues instead of enabling him. With the amount of scrutiny he's already under, there's no way he'll avoid expulsion from the NFL at this rate, so let's hope that happens sooner than later.
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Back to Berry. I know with the Lions prior to the incident he had a really good camp and pre season and was poised to be the #2 starter IIRC.

PSN: bench515lbs
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
Well, Back to Berry. I know with the Lions prior to the incident he had a really good camp and pre season and was poised to be the #2 starter IIRC.

With Haden, Skrine, Gilbert, and hopefully Desir all in front of him, I'm hoping this is a special teams depth signing.
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: Browns Sign Aaron Berry Reply with quote

BwickBrownie wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:

discuss

You left out the confirmed rash of problems with weed that lead to him jumping ship from the NCAA to the NFL. So if people want to bury their heads in the sand with Gordon, view each instance as an isolated problem where maybe something else could have happened, then that's your prerogative, but I take the Occam's razor approach here... a confirmed history of having a weed problem vs. all those assumptions you make to justify his actions or make him the victim of circumstance. No one on FF (I'm assuming) is the deciding vote on whether he's suspended or not, so it's actually good that there is no group think here.
I completely disagree with your last sentence though... I think a Browns fan should be the first one hoping he addresses the reality and nature of his issues instead of enabling him. With the amount of scrutiny he's already under, there's no way he'll avoid expulsion from the NFL at this rate, so let's hope that happens sooner than later.

who ever said he was a victim? lets just wait for all of the facts to come out before we judge. thats all.

and certainly a browns fan should at least be providing support, of which ive seen minimal on this board/other boards
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BwickBrownie wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:

With Haden, Skrine, Gilbert, and hopefully Desir all in front of him, I'm hoping this is a special teams depth signing.

Forgetting someone arent we?

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaWg_LB. wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:

Forgetting someone arent we?

Ha, guess I did, which is funny because I'm looking for him to make a good leap in play this year.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berry has more talent than McFadden ever had. I wasn't happy with the pick and even more PO'd when scrub street free agents were getting playing time over him at the end of the year. 75% chance Leon McFadden doesn't make the final 53 this year. We may end up cutting both McFadden and Berry.

1. Haden
2. Gilbert
3. Skrine
4. Desir
5. Trufant

A 6th corner might be a bit overboard considering the Top 4 have starting ability and top 2 have elite ability.

Jamison on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: