Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

3 fantasy football questions for Browns fans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:55 pm    Post subject: 3 fantasy football questions for Browns fans Reply with quote

Asked Webby if I could do this and post my threads in the FF forum. Here goes:

1. What should we make of the Browns running game? Isaiah Crowell, Terrence West and Duke Johnson all will have their roles but is there a front-runner for the starting gig? Is it a RBBC? What is it shaping up to be?

2. The Browns WRs are not as bad as some think but there's still a lot left to be desired. Andrew Hawkins is alright but a little small and better suited for the slot. Dwayne Bowe may be more of a name now than a player but Alex Smith doesn't take many chances with his passes which likely hurt him. If there is a WR to want in this offense, who is it and what should we expect?

3. Is there a diamond in the rough with this team that we don't know about? There plenty of potential on defense and the running game will keep things interesting but is there someone we need to know about?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: 3 fantasy football questions for Browns fans Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Asked Webby if I could do this and post my threads in the FF forum. Here goes:

1. What should we make of the Browns running game? Isaiah Crowell, Terrence West and Duke Johnson all will have their roles but is there a front-runner for the starting gig? Is it a RBBC? What is it shaping up to be?

2. The Browns WRs are not as bad as some think but there's still a lot left to be desired. Andrew Hawkins is alright but a little small and better suited for the slot. Dwayne Bowe may be more of a name now than a player but Alex Smith doesn't take many chances with his passes which likely hurt him. If there is a WR to want in this offense, who is it and what should we expect?

3. Is there a diamond in the rough with this team that we don't know about? There plenty of potential on defense and the running game will keep things interesting but is there someone we need to know about?

1. Don't know. Crowell is probably the best bet for his TDs. We have yet to see Johnson but he may be an asset in a ppr league. Crowell 680 yards 4.1 per carry 7 TD. West 450 yards 3 TD 4.0 per carry. Johnson 800 total yards and 2 or 3 TD.

2. Taylor Gabriel. He is 5'7 so he probably won't be a TD threat but he is our best deep threat and our best short threat. He should be a factor but his lack of touchdowns probably makes him fantasy irrelevant. 50 catches 850 yards 4 TD.

3. If Johnny eventually starts he could become a fantasy relevant player. I know everyone knows about him but the vast majority think he is a failure waiting to happen, the rest think he already failed. He actually appears to be an accurate passer who just needs to get his timing down. He is the best chance to make anyone in the passing game fantasy relevant.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignore the entire offense for fantasy football.

That's my best and only advice... Crying or Very sad

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
freakygeniuskid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Definitely somewhat of a RBBC if no one gets hurt. I'd expect Johnson and Crowell to get the most work with West still getting a decent share. Maybe something like 45/35/20? I think in PPR it's Johnson-Crowell-West. In standard it's probably a tie between Johnson and Crowell with West a decent very late flier. Because while they're splitting carries, there will be a lot of carries. I think this O probably runs 62-64 snaps per game, and my guess would be that with how awful our pass game is, at least 35-40 of those would be runs (and another 2-6 would be throws to the RBs). So even with a 40-40-20 split that could mean 16-16-8 touches per back per game. Which, when running behind a top O-line means strong possible value. Something I've been doing lately is grabbing both Crow and Johnson in like the 7th and 9th, so that I'm basically monopolizing whichever one takes the lead for the starting spot.

2. Brian Hartline actually. I think he fills a posession receiver role. I'm guessing something like 8-900 and 3-6 TD's. So like a WR4 or WR5. There's not much here.

3. Nope. If Duke Johnson gets the starting gig and the noise they've been making about wanting a bell cow RB is true he could end up top 10 overall at RB (combine Crow and West last year and you get 1,280 yards and 12 TDs rushing, and Johnson is well out of their league on receiving skills).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 no one knows.

2 stay away from Browns WR's while McCown is our QB other than maybe Hartline as they have chemistry.

3 no

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Literally don't draft any Browns.

That's not a joke

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point the running game is one big mystery, but if you're looking at ADP vs. value, both Duke Johnson (151.3) or Terrence West (182.5) are good gets at where they're being drafted. The problem with Crowell is there is an assumption all around that he's the "lead back" and is being drafted as such (in some leagues as high as 77, 78 ) but West could still get the nod. I'd suggest targeting Duke, because his skillset is different than the other two so he'll play a Sproles-esque role, and then if you want a potential lottery ticket player, draft West late to see if he is the number one guy... if he isn't by week 3, drop him.

If you're playing PPR, I'd be fine with taking a late round flier on Hartline, otherwise there is really no one worth drafting.

Possibly EJ Bibbs or Rob Housler at tight end? One of them is going to fill Jordan Cameron's role as the pass catching TE, but I don't think our OC has really shown much how he intends to use that position yet in his game plan. Otherwise, I'd say Taylor Gabriel at WR. He was a nice, surprise down the field threat last year and if Hoyer had better long range accuracy he probably would have been even more effective.

2015 Adopt-a-Brown(s)
Andrew Hawkins
EJ Bibbs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: