Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The first ever Wolf draft special

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolfhunt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:25 pm    Post subject: The first ever Wolf draft special Reply with quote

As most of you know I have supported Manziel through just about everything. I am convinced the guy is a a true 100% [inappropriate/removed] now. Yes it took some time but I have seen him for what he is. A guy who could have been our QB but just has no self control.

With that said I decided to play a bit on first-pick with a draft. I have two scenarios I really like.

My first is as follows:

Round 1 Pick 4 (DAL): Joey Bosa, DE/OLB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 1 Pick 20 (NYJ): Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 2 Pick 1: Josh Doctson, WR, TCU (B)
Round 2 Pick 3 (DAL): Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis (A-)
Round 3 Pick 2: Joshua Garnett, OG, Stanford (A-)
Round 3 Pick 4 (DAL): Jalen Mills, CB/CB, LSU (A)
Round 5 Pick 2: Aaron Burbridge, WR, Michigan State (A)
Round 6 Pick 1: D.J. Pettway, DE, Alabama (B-)

Your Future Picks:
2018 Round 1 Pick

I traded away next years first as you can see to take Zeke and it gave me the ability to take Paxton. I am hesitant with his touch and reads but I think Hue can really work with this guy and turn him into something great.

My only regret is that through the draft I couldn't address the OLB position.

Scenario 2 is as follows:

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 2: Joey Bosa, DE/OLB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 1 Pick 13 (PHI): Jared Goff, QB, California (A+)
Round 3 Pick 2: Tyler Boyd, WR, Pittsburgh (A)
Round 4 Pick 1: Carl Nassib, DE, Penn State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 15 (PHI): Aaron Burbridge, WR, Michigan State (B+)
Round 5 Pick 2: Antonio Morrison, ILB, Florida (B+)
Round 6 Pick 1: Deon Bush, FS, Miami (Fla.) (F)
Round 7 Pick 2: Daryl Worley, CB, West Virginia (C+)

Your Future Picks:
2018 Round 1 Pick

With Goff sitting there I couldn't pass up a chance to grab him. I just am not sure if Paxton or Jared is the answer but we have to do something.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This probably should go in the mock draft thread. They would be great drafts no doubt but much too unrealistic to deserve it's own thread, which is why we have a thread for these mocks.

That was me being a mod wanna-be, except I don't wanna be which works really well because there was no intention to ask me.
MWil23

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that worked out and by some miracle Lynch fell to the 2nd round, and we got all 4 of those guys this year...I'm also going to buy a Powerball ticket. ZERO chance of any of that happening, but I would be on board with it if it did.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWil23 wrote:
If that worked out and by some miracle Lynch fell to the 2nd round, and we got all 4 of those guys this year...I'm also going to buy a Powerball ticket. ZERO chance of any of that happening, but I would be on board with it if it did.

I agree with you but first-pick gave me the scenario so I took it and ran with it.
BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These fanspeak firstpick drafts are insane. They have guys like Ogbah and Taylor Decker going #1 overall in the simulator all the time. I'd be thrilled if this happened, but I highly doubt we'll encounter something this nice.

I do want to explore options for acquiring Bosa and a top QB, but I think it's going to cost a fortune in assets to do.

I won't ever complain with getting Goff or Bosa at #2. I'd pick Goff, but there isn't a bad choice between the two. Hell, I like all of the top 10 guys. The only guy I see mocked in the top 10 that would infuriate me is Jack. And Wentz, but I'll let the experts make that call. I miss on my QBs all the time so I won't pretend to be the QB expert.

*Coaches Thread*
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=20284908#20284908
BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw I like Boyd over Doctson slightly also. And Pharoh Cooper over both probably, despite him being another small WR. He plays big ala Steve Smith. I'd love to get him, but ideally in round 3, as round 2 should probably be used to address pass rusher. OLB or 5Tech.

*Coaches Thread*
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=20284908#20284908
Wolfhunt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BleedTheClock wrote:
Btw I like Boyd over Doctson slightly also. And Pharoh Cooper over both probably, despite him being another small WR. He plays big ala Steve Smith. I'd love to get him, but ideally in round 3, as round 2 should probably be used to address pass rusher. OLB or 5Tech.

I haven't seen much of Cooper to be honest. I have liked Boyd for quite some time as I think he is going to be a beast....I have just recently watched a bit more film on Doctson and he is very fluid and smooth which I think is a big difference.

I will brush up on Cooper this weekend.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: