Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Good / Bad Seats at Heinz Field?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Good / Bad Seats at Heinz Field? Reply with quote

Where don't I want to sit? Looking to goto my first Steelers home game this year. Any recommendations / advice appreciated.
Jbizzle69

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a season ticket holder and to be honest with you there really isn't a bad seat in the place. If I had to recommend a section it would be in the second level anywhere along the sideline. The view is just perfect, the atmosphere is amazing, the fans are excited, etc. Can't beat it to be honest with you.

Thanks PatsDynasty21 for the sig.

Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XLIII Champions!
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize sideline seats are typically better. Any opinions on end zone lower level? How about nose bleeds, is it pretty rough up there weather wise towards the end of the season?
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
I realize sideline seats are typically better. Any opinions on end zone lower level? How about nose bleeds, is it pretty rough up there weather wise towards the end of the season?

Its not too bad up there. I went to a few games in the nose bleeds. Obviously, Id rather be closer, but there some of the best nosebleeds youll ever get. Still a good view. Sometimes the fans up there are little more idiotic, but Ive never had any real problems and had fun every time.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
gseabrook26

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've sat in upper deck in the endzone before and they're still pretty good. You get a good idea of what the QB is looking at when he's dropping back.
Jbizzle69

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've sat in the end zone of the open side of the field and that was pretty cool. The seats aren't the best for viewing the game to be honest with you but you are damn close to any action at that side of the field.

Thanks PatsDynasty21 for the sig.

Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XLIII Champions!
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been to Heinz Field many times, sitting many different places, and I can honestly say, there really isn't a bad seat in the house. You should get a good view anywhere really.

The atmosphere is great, the fans are great, the team is GREAT!

down but not out. I still believe!
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOW CAN THERE BE A BAD SEAT IN THE HOUSE Shocked

unless it's cold outside Laughing

Ive honestly never gone to a game before Crying or Very sad Id do anything to go to a game!
moose6870

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want the truth, closed end nose bleeds are not very good. They aren't bad, but they are far from good. If you can hit the sidelines, that's better for ya. If not, don't sit in the upper level closed. Best seats I've ever sat in were open end zone two rows back, but that also includes a pre game buffet with at least one steeler great, and a "gift" just for going to the game.

Best value are sideline upper decks.

Hope that can help.
youngty2112

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to answer your second post i went to the afc championship game against the ravens this past year and i was in the nose bleeds on the opposing sideline...i wont lie it was extremely cold and i couldnt feel half of my body but the view wasnt bad at all and the atmosphere was no worse than the club seats i sat in at the colts game earlier that year...i would say you're set no matter what but id suggest getting seats on a sideline...not in an endzone..but that goes for any stadium anyway..
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kinda off topic.... I just sold some delta skymiles to get a ticket to fly to Pittsburgh after Christmas thru New Years.

I would love to be able to go to the Steeler-Raven game 27 December at Heinz field. Any ideas on where I should go to get tickets?

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
kinda off topic.... I just sold some delta skymiles to get a ticket to fly to Pittsburgh after Christmas thru New Years.

I would love to be able to go to the Steeler-Raven game 27 December at Heinz field. Any ideas on where I should go to get tickets?

try ebay saw some tix for that game on there..
gkutch20

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Season tickets between my father and I since they opened three rivers I don't really care for end zone seats at all. Are tickets 15yd line GG Steelers side they are high but you can see everything I like them. If you go and its cold just get 5 handwarmers at Wal Mart 2 for your hands 2 for feet and 1 for your back of your neck you'll be fine. Also, go to Station Square stay over night or just park and take the boat over. Its cheaper then parking at the stadium, less traffic, and a great experience. Have fun!!!
klawler

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, get to a tailgate with some good eats. But more important, your seats! Section 109-112, 133-136 just do it. Pay for them it's worth it!
Rumble Fish

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as i'd love to claim there isnt a bad seat in the house, there most def is.

I sat in the corner of the endzone twice last year, one was the ravens monday nighter, the other was the loss to the colts (damn u ike bat it down not up) and i have to say avoid the corners of the endzone.

Sure the action is great if a play happens right in front of you, but thats just not the case most of the time.

When the play is on the opposite side of the field you have to watch the jumbo screen to be able to see anything.

Oh yeah one more thing, if you're a true pittsburgher cold is not an issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: