Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

== The Official 2009 Fin Forum Fantasy Football League ==
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: == The Official 2009 Fin Forum Fantasy Football League == Reply with quote

YES! It is THAT time Dolphin Fans!!!!

The 2009 Fin Forum Fantasy Football League is BACK!!! WOOO-HOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most everyone is familiar with the league by now, so I am going to cut to the chase here. These are the returning members are first in line if they wish to return:

Returning Members:

Mercury22
IrishDolfan
Cunn88
Backwoodsboy65
PhinPhansUnite!
dolphan9954
eugenebaldy
Deets
ThePhinisher
Fin Man
FrankMoore
skatewood2

Wait List
This group is carried over from last year and the year before and are first in line for this year’s Forum Draft if/when spots become available. Anyone interested in being added to the list should simply post in this thread or send me a PM and I will add you to this list. As many can attest, I keep this list from year to year. Also, please remember that returning members are given priority.

5 ) deadlydolphinz
6) Nate45DaWg
7) xXxHOUSEDxXx
8 ) Mr. Kuro
9)Dolphinemidget
10) MiaDolphin13
11) FlappinFins83
12) ovaw8lover
13) smokeRICKYsmoke
14)miafins23
15)Dolfan4life822
16)Offerdahl56
17)canesfinsfan
18)fasel1515
19) Frags
20) hrubes20
21)RyDigga
22) Killer Nacho
23)finsyanksmancs
24)ukdolfan
25) PD47
26)Dolphins82
27)FlappinFins83
28)clevermelvin

IMPORTANT!
******As for now, the main thing I am interested in, is returning members posting their interest in returning and any conflicts they have over the Summer (especially weekends in August) so we can gauge interest and set a draft date, as well as anyone that wants to be wait listed. If you are a returning member, please let us know NO LATER THAN JUNE 1st if you will be participating again this year, if you do not respond by that date, your spot will be offered to someone on the waiting list.

Title Count
Congrats again to Irish for being our returning champion this year!! If my records are correct, the championships for the previous four years are owned by the following:

2008: IrishDolfan
2007: Mercury22
2006: Cunn88
2005: Backwoods

Lastly, a few notes. We will be drafting live again this year. It will have to be on a weekend over the Summer…almost certainly in August. The scoring system will remain the same for continuity purposes unless the league owners want to vote on a change. Draft order and draft date will be finalized once the 12 members have been established. The draft prize this year will also be posted in the coming weeks. I have a few ideas, but will post the final choice as the league get set.

If you have any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to PM me or to post them directly in this thread.

Thanks everyone!!! I for one, look forward to this league more and more!!

Last edited by Mercury22 on Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:24 pm; edited 11 times in total
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to be in it. I guess put me on the waiting list... Confused

Nacho Simulation Football League
ukdolfan

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't realise I wasn't on the waiting list. Can you put me on there please?

Deadly are you going to be running one again this year?

^ Jamison on the sig.

Last edited by ukdolfan on Fri May 08, 2009 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mercury22

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
I want to be in it. I guess put me on the waiting list... Confused

Done.
finsyanksmancs

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in if there's a spot.

Sig by: PatsDynasty21
deadlydolphinz

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukdolfan wrote:
Didn't realise I wasn't on the waiting list. Can you put me on there please?

Deadly are you going to be running one again this year?

Yes, we will be running the Fin Forum Fantasy Football League II this year as well.

It works the same as this one, returning members get a chance to play again first, than if they don't want to play or don't confirm there spot by a specific time, we goto the waiting list.

I will begin the thread later tonight.

As for this one, I can't wait to get in to start showing these guys what it is like to go through Tinseltown.

President of the Start Chad Henne Club
You can't be a power run team that throws 10 yard playaction passes all day
ThePhinisher

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can expect me there, i'll talk a good game, then situationally start players when they have a good week, allowing me to win games i shouldn't and thus adding balance to the league. Laughing

Sig by me, Request one here: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=66751
Mercury22

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deadlydolphinz wrote:

As for this one, I can't wait to get in to start showing these guys what it is like to go through Tinseltown.

LOL! And we would LOVE to have you in the league DD!!

Just curious, who won the league you did last year? I know I saw it, but I have forgotten who the winner was.
deadlydolphinz

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
deadlydolphinz wrote:

Just curious, who won the league you did last year? I know I saw it, but I have forgotten who the winner was.

Ovaw won it, while I lost in the "conference championship".

President of the Start Chad Henne Club
You can't be a power run team that throws 10 yard playaction passes all day
frankmoore

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merc, count me as returning.

One thing I'm going to ask is if we can consider doing this on ESPN this year instead of Yahoo.

There are two reasons for this. The first is a very important feature: free real-time stats. I'm doing fantasy baseball this year on ESPN and I cannot tell you how nice that feature is. Yahoo makes you pay for this and I'm too damn cheap to give them money for something that someone else will give me for free.

Another element of ESPN that I'm a fan of is the fact that their system is incredibly flexible. I mean REALLY flexible. It supports the ability to have "offensive utility players" so if you want to start 3 RBs, 2 WRs, and TE, you can. If you want to start 1 RB, 4 WRs, and a TE, you can. It also lets you assign points for Kick and Punt return yardage. All of these are things that Yahoo either lacks or does very badly.

However, I'll abide by what the rest of the league wants.
FF Member #1031
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tack me on at the end of the waiting list.

PD47

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
Mercury22

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deadlydolphinz wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:
deadlydolphinz wrote:

Ovaw won it, while I lost in the "conference championship".

Thats what I thought. Ovaw8's team was called HulkSmash or something like that. Anyway, I would love to find a way to make the leagues one, but I don't see how, and the ways that were previously proposed just didn't please everyone. For now, they remain separate, but I love that you are doing a league as well.
frankmoore

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

finsyanksmancs wrote:
I'm in if there's a spot.

Merc, I think you missed one.
FF Member #1031
Mercury22

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frankmoore wrote:
Merc, count me as returning.

One thing I'm going to ask is if we can consider doing this on ESPN this year instead of Yahoo.

There are two reasons for this. The first is a very important feature: free real-time stats. I'm doing fantasy baseball this year on ESPN and I cannot tell you how nice that feature is. Yahoo makes you pay for this and I'm too damn cheap to give them money for something that someone else will give me for free.

Another element of ESPN that I'm a fan of is the fact that their system is incredibly flexible. I mean REALLY flexible. It supports the ability to have "offensive utility players" so if you want to start 3 RBs, 2 WRs, and TE, you can. If you want to start 1 RB, 4 WRs, and a TE, you can. It also lets you assign points for Kick and Punt return yardage. All of these are things that Yahoo either lacks or does very badly.

However, I'll abide by what the rest of the league wants.

I think, if I recall correctly, you mentioned ESPN last year during the season, and I am TOTALLY okay with that. I already use ESPN for one of my other leagues and like it a lot. If anyone has an objection to that please speak up. It will involve everyone signing up for a free ESPN account, but beyond that it makes total sense to me as well.
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we'll be making at least 3 FFMDFF's this year...I love the turn out. Maybe for the finals, we can compare the final scores of each of the 3 champions to determine UBER bragging rights for the year?!?!?!?!

PD47

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 1 of 35

Jump to: