Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kid with Johnny Manziel haircut sent home
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Kid with Johnny Manziel haircut sent home Reply with quote

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/21204549/

Quote:
"The young man was told today that he needs to change his hair style so that it meets the standard of the district dress code," a statement issued Thursday by Kerrville school district official Jamie Fails said. "We want him to return to school tomorrow. If his hair does not meet the district standard, he will be placed in an area of the school where he will not distract the learning of others."

I think this is dumb. Let the kid have the hair he wants. If another kid is distracted that is their fault. Hair is hair people. as long at is doesn't bother people by impairing vision (IE blocking view) or physically touching people (IE spikes poking people cuz they are aimed weird) I see no problem.

Sig bet
swoosh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know whether to laugh or be weirded out.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
1King

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yankee0724 wrote:
swoosh wrote:

This. But the barber did a pretty good job so there's that.

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
pHaT_dEsI

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Kid with Johnny Manziel haircut sent home Reply with quote

Quote:
"The young man was told today that he needs to change his hair style so that it meets the standard of the district dress code," a statement issued Thursday by Kerrville school district official Jamie Fails said. "We want him to return to school tomorrow. If his hair does not meet the district standard, he will be placed in an area of the school where he will not distract the learning of others."

Its gotta suck having the last name Fails.

Meet the Fails' family. This is my wife Fails, these are my children Fails. Btw how do you like our Fails car. I just bought it with the raise I got from the good old Fails' job. I'm so proud to been born in the rich tradition of long line of Fails.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, what if he doesn't win the hiesman?
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Kid with Johnny Manziel haircut sent home Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
I think this is dumb. Let the kid have the hair he wants. If another kid is distracted that is their fault. Hair is hair people. as long at is doesn't bother people by impairing vision (IE blocking view) or physically touching people (IE spikes poking people cuz they are aimed weird) I see no problem.

If he wants to have whatever hair he wants, then he should go to a school without a dress code. However, he's choosing to go to a school with a dress code and therefore needs to abide by it.

That said, what a weird thing to do -- you have another man's head on your head.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ServantofYHWH wrote:
Wow, what if he doesn't win the hiesman?
You realize hair grows back, right? Or he can shave it. It isn't a tattoo. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Kid with Johnny Manziel haircut sent home Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:

If he wants to have whatever hair he wants, then he should go to a school without a dress code. However, he's choosing to go to a school with a dress code and therefore needs to abide by it.

That said, what a weird thing to do -- you have another man's head on your head.

Must....hold back....on...joke.

But, seriously. I think it looks cool, I guess. It's amazing that they're able to do that. I thought I looked cool in Junior High when I had steps. Embarassed But, there is a dress code and you gotta follow the rules.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks photoshopped hardcore. especially along his neckline

anyways, this is dumb. i had a friend when i was younger get like all types of stuff like this (not this extreme though). got like jordan symbol, cowboys star, all that. after we initially saw it, we never thought about it again.

El Ramster on the amazing work
fretgod99

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Kid with Johnny Manziel haircut sent home Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:

It's a public school, so not as much choice insofar as dress code is concerned.

However, it's important to note that Hill Country High School (where this kid goes) is an alternative school, which is pretty relevant to this type of discussion. School districts are typically much stricter with rules of this nature in alternative schools.

With that revelation in mind, this all seems like much ado about nothing.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks terrible. Can't blame the school for sending him home.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Kid with Johnny Manziel haircut sent home Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:

People really can't choose what school to go to. You really think people should be told what hair to have thru the first 13 out of 18 years of their life?

Sig bet
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Kid with Johnny Manziel haircut sent home Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:

However, it's important to note that Hill Country High School (where this kid goes) is an alternative school, which is pretty relevant to this type of discussion. School districts are typically much stricter with rules of this nature in alternative schools.

Then I can see that because kids there have problems anyways. Whether they be trouble makers or slow learning.

Sig bet
fretgod99

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Kid with Johnny Manziel haircut sent home Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:

Then I can see that because kids there have problems anyways. Whether they be trouble makers or slow learning.
Conveniently, the piece ignores that part of it, too (instead playing up the "ridiculousness" of asking a kid to rethink his hairstyle). Guarantee you the story would grab nearly so many headlines if it were instead captioned, "Student at Alternative School Asked to Change Haircut".

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: