Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Beer Review Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old E puts hair on your butt and back. A girl that drinks it is removed from the list until she can prove otherwise.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Old E puts hair on your butt and back. A girl that drinks it is removed from the list until she can prove otherwise.

trust me i know chicks that drink old e and they dont have butt or back hair. i know plenty of exotic/imported chicks that drink exotic/imported beer do including that fore arm hair.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
what beer's do you guys get when you go to sporting events?

they usually dont sell that exotic crap

I think you see too many commercials, and have good beer mixed up with exotic. Real exotic beers are nearly impossible to find, and will cost more than most people are willing to spend when you do ($40-$100+ per bottle).

If they don't sell good beer in the stadium, I pregame in the parking lot. When I lived in CA I usually wouldn't drink because of the price. $9 for a MGD is more than I'm ever willing to spend. Now that I live in CO, I can drink the beer I like for $4-$6, so I'll get a couple. Usually Osker Blues.

sorry instead of exotic i should say imported.

i also dont drink beer at the game cause im usually loaded from tail gating.
if i do its mgd

Most of the beer reviewed in this thread isn't imported; it's brewed at smaller breweries in the States. Most of them aren't even especially small breweries since they have statewide or even region-wide distribution chains. "Exotic" would be, I don't know, something brewed by monks at a remote abbey in central Europe or something like that, and it would be very hard to get your hands on a bottle. Sink the Bismarck is an exotic beer (which at one point was the world's strongest beer at 41% ABV).

"Craft beer" is the term you're looking for. Heineken and Spaten are imported, but they are neither exotic (they're standard continental lagers) nor are they craft-brewed (they're mass-produced and distributed in huge batches).

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
keystone 24 oz cans are on sale for a dollar and its a good chaser beer. im moderately impressed
This is a beer review thread why would anyone want a review of Keystone? Wink

why hate on american beers? Laughing

everyone talking about exotic weird tasting stuff I want my beer to taste like a beer not some expensive knock off of a beer.

only exotic beers i can stand are heine's and spaten

I have no idea what you are trying to say here. knock off of a beer? You do realize there are different kinds of beer and Bud, Miller, Heine, MGD, Spaten, Coors are all examples of the same kind of beer, right? It's fine if you only like lagers and malt liquor (which is very similar to a lager), but to claim other beer flavors are "less than beer" or "a knock off of beer" shows a huge amount of beer ignorance.

I prefer beers with big taste profiles. Lagers, for the most part, have pretty limited taste profiles. To each their own, but at least have a small amount of experience with beer before you paint them all with such a broad brush. OE is for sissies too, btw.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
keystone 24 oz cans are on sale for a dollar and its a good chaser beer. im moderately impressed
This is a beer review thread why would anyone want a review of Keystone? Wink

why hate on american beers? Laughing

everyone talking about exotic weird tasting stuff I want my beer to taste like a beer not some expensive knock off of a beer.

only exotic beers i can stand are heine's and spaten

I have no idea what you are trying to say here. knock off of a beer? You do realize there are different kinds of beer and Bud, Miller, Heine, MGD, Spaten, Coors are all examples of the same kind of beer, right? It's fine if you only like lagers and malt liquor (which is very similar to a lager), but to claim other beer flavors are "less than beer" or "a knock off of beer" shows a huge amount of beer ignorance.

I prefer beers with big taste profiles. Lagers, for the most part, have pretty limited taste profiles. To each their own, but at least have a small amount of experience with beer before you paint them all with such a broad brush. OE is for sissies too, btw.

@ bold: first time ive ever heard that.

I ve tried all kinds of beers from siera nevada, pale ales, seasonal brews, german, mexican even beer from india (which is very good btw). I used to work for Gordon bierch. call me old fashioned but I still gravitate towards my top 5 : Old E, corona, mgd, tecate and michelob's.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
what beer's do you guys get when you go to sporting events?

they usually dont sell that exotic crap

I think you see too many commercials, and have good beer mixed up with exotic. Real exotic beers are nearly impossible to find, and will cost more than most people are willing to spend when you do ($40-$100+ per bottle).

If they don't sell good beer in the stadium, I pregame in the parking lot. When I lived in CA I usually wouldn't drink because of the price. $9 for a MGD is more than I'm ever willing to spend. Now that I live in CO, I can drink the beer I like for $4-$6, so I'll get a couple. Usually Osker Blues.

sorry instead of exotic i should say imported.

i also dont drink beer at the game cause im usually loaded from tail gating.
if i do its mgd

Most of the beer reviewed in this thread isn't imported; it's brewed at smaller breweries in the States. Most of them aren't even especially small breweries since they have statewide or even region-wide distribution chains. "Exotic" would be, I don't know, something brewed by monks at a remote abbey in central Europe or something like that, and it would be very hard to get your hands on a bottle. Sink the Bismarck is an exotic beer (which at one point was the world's strongest beer at 41% ABV).

"Craft beer" is the term you're looking for. Heineken and Spaten are imported, but they are neither exotic (they're standard continental lagers) nor are they craft-brewed (they're mass-produced and distributed in huge batches).

yea thats it

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:

I ve tried all kinds of beers from siera nevada, pale ales, seasonal brews, german, mexican even beer from india (which is very good btw). I used to work for Gordon bierch. call me old fashioned but I still gravitate towards my top 5 : Old E, corona, mgd, tecate and michelob's.

OE doesn't even crack 6% abv (unless you are drinking OEHG or the west coast 7.5% that i've never had), it isn't strong at all. 7.5% is pretty average for most the beers I drink. Off the top of my head I believe Torpedo is 7.2%.

Every beer you listed in your top 5 is an adjunct lager besides OE, which is virutally an adjunct lager. You didn't even know the term craft beer, instead refered to them as imports or exotic and that they didn't taste like beer.

Again, your taste buds are your taste buds, that's not really my point at all in this. I've had a single beer from India, it wasn't any good, but I'm almost willing to guess you think India Pale Ales are from India. I only took exception to this idea that adjunct lagers and their taste profile is the only one that is "beer". Not only directed at you, as I know people irl that have this same attitude because it is how beer is marketed in this country, I just happen to find that opinion absurd. If adjunt lagers and malt liquor were the only beer options, I probably wouldn't ever drink another beer in my life. I'd probably just drink liquor.

To me, the way you stated your opinion would be like me going into a wine review thread and saying that I love Mad Dog and Boone's farms, and those other wines don't taste like real wine.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

OE doesn't even crack 6% abv (unless you are drinking OEHG or the west coast 7.5% that i've never had), it isn't strong at all. 7.5% is pretty average for most the beers I drink. Off the top of my head I believe Torpedo is 7.2%.

Every beer you listed in your top 5 is an adjunct lager besides OE, which is virutally an adjunct lager. You didn't even know the term craft beer, instead refered to them as imports or exotic and that they didn't taste like beer.

Again, your taste buds are your taste buds, that's not really my point at all in this. I've had a single beer from India, it wasn't any good, but I'm almost willing to guess you think India Pale Ales are from India. I only took exception to this idea that adjunct lagers and their taste profile is the only one that is "beer". Not only directed at you, as I know people irl that have this same attitude because it is how beer is marketed in this country, I just happen to find that opinion absurd. If adjunt lagers and malt liquor were the only beer options, I probably wouldn't ever drink another beer in my life. I'd probably just drink liquor.

To me, the way you stated your opinion would be like me going into a wine review thread and saying that I love Mad Dog and Boone's farms, and those other wines don't taste like real wine.

was just stating my opinion like everyone else in a jokingly but respectful way. I dont know why you got so sensitive about it. its not about how beer is marketed its how beer taste to me. if it was the market making my choice id drink bud or coors lol. the older i get the more i learn about beer cause seems like everyplace i go has a different selection so sometimes i have to try new stuff. i admit im not a beer buff but i know what i like. its not the %'s that attract me cause I almost never drink beer without any hard liquor.

btw i hate wine.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Natty light
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother got me to try this beer with pumpkin spice in it. Disgusting.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Desperado82

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried Sam Adams White Christmas...not bad.

^^^Deadpulse
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:

I can't do the whole pumpkin beer thing, but then again, I don't like pumpkin pie or anything else relating to pumpkin flavors, so it shouldn't be a shock.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

I can't do the whole pumpkin beer thing, but then again, I don't like pumpkin pie or anything else relating to pumpkin flavors, so it shouldn't be a shock.

There are some where it is subtle enough it isn't bad, roommate just made (well I guess more we just finished) a keg of pumpkin beer, was mainly a light spice with a tiny hint of pumpkin flavor that married together nicely, but there are some pumpkin beers, like Pumpking, that taste like pumpkin pie spices and are very sweet, which I'm not a fan of.

MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

There are some where it is subtle enough it isn't bad, roommate just made (well I guess more we just finished) a keg of pumpkin beer, was mainly a light spice with a tiny hint of pumpkin flavor that married together nicely, but there are some pumpkin beers, like Pumpking, that taste like pumpkin pie spices and are very sweet, which I'm not a fan of.

I can't eat/drink anything pumpkin, but nothing smells better when it's brewing.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

I'd drink some Pumpkin Spice everyday of the week if it was available.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 97 of 100

Jump to: