Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Beer Review Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bhslinebacker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just turned 21 today in beautiful Boulder, CO (The home of the best beer in the country IMO).

Was wondering what you guys would recommend for someone that has had tons of Avery, Boulder Beer etc... since its local I get it all the time.

Wells is probably my favorite beer, and I have also taken a liking to fat tire.

Just wondering what people would recommend for an intermediate beer drinker such as myself.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhslinebacker wrote:
Just turned 21 today in beautiful Boulder, CO (The home of the best beer in the country IMO).

Was wondering what you guys would recommend for someone that has had tons of Avery, Boulder Beer etc... since its local I get it all the time.

Just wondering what people would recommend for an intermediate beer drinker such as myself.

Get a ride out to Longmont, and go to Osker Blues. GREAT beer, good food, and a lot of the waitresses are stacked. Hit up Lefthand while you're out there.

The Bolder Beer brewery is a pretty cool place to hang out too.

I hear Mountain Sun is great. I didn't make it because they only take cash.

Avery doesn't make a bad beer. I haven't got to their brewery yet, so I can't say how it is to hangout at.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
IR0NM1KE

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried two new beers last night and wanted to recommend to all of you fine beer connoisseurs.

1: Founders - Breakfast Stout
- I have had a few beers from this brewery before, but not their Breakfast Stout. As expected, it was heavy and chocolatey... pretty much a meal in a glass. Not to mention the 8.3% alch content. Great flavor, but after 2, I was looking for something a little lighter (watching my figure Wink ).

2: Kane Brewery - Overhead IPA
- This one positively blew my mind. Once I got a taste of it I didn't drink anything else for the rest of the night. A NJ Brewery that I have honestly never heard of, and I have lived here all of my life. Great hoppy flavor with a noticable but not overwhelming floural note. It has a hazy/orange appearence, incredibly smooth flavor, and an alch content of 7.7%... or at least that is what they had up on the board.

Every other Thursday I meet a few friends at a bar that has great beer/food specials all Thursday night. Each week they change their selection and have 6-8 good craft brews for $2.50 a pint. Quite a deal in my eyes. Oh and my fantasy team went buck wild last night. Very Happy

If you get a chance, I can't say enough good things about the Overhead IPA. IF YOU SEE IT, TRY IT!

Cheers.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
bhslinebacker wrote:

Get a ride out to Longmont, and go to Osker Blues. GREAT beer, good food, and a lot of the waitresses are stacked. Hit up Lefthand while you're out there.

Avery doesn't make a bad beer. I haven't got to their brewery yet, so I can't say how it is to hangout at.
Love Osker Blues.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IR0NM1KE wrote:
Tried two new beers last night and wanted to recommend to all of you fine beer connoisseurs.

- I have had a few beers from this brewery before, but not their Breakfast Stout. As expected, it was heavy and chocolatey... pretty much a meal in a glass. Not to mention the 8.3% alch content. Great flavor, but after 2, I was looking for something a little lighter (watching my figure Wink ).

Cosigned. Breakfast Stout is world class stuff. No joke, it's outstanding.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
devils1854

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
bhslinebacker wrote:

I cant wait to move to Denver in a few months. Im going to take a week and just indulge myself at different breweries.

#JDI
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Founders just has good beer overall. Dirty Bastard and Breakfast Stout are up there but I'll have to go with Imperial Stout and and Devil Dancer.

Quality stuff.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
opeth0500

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone gotten there hands on the Sierra Nevada Celebration ale yet? The only place that had it near me was 20 miles away so I drove all the way out there and the damn cashier didnt sell it to me cause my I.D. Is expired. I was so damn close.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
Founders just has good beer overall. Dirty Bastard and Breakfast Stout are up there but I'll have to go with Imperial Stout and and Devil Dancer.

Quality stuff.

Backwoods Bastard just hit shelves. Really, one of the best beers ever. I also love Harvest Ale and their Centennial IPA.

Double Trouble is another one of their limited releases that is great. Like you said, Breakfast Stout is fantastic, but I'm not a big fan of Devil Dancer. That stuff will put some hair on your chest.
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

opeth0500 wrote:
Has anyone gotten there hands on the Sierra Nevada Celebration ale yet? The only place that had it near me was 20 miles away so I drove all the way out there and the damn cashier didnt sell it to me cause my I.D. Is expired. I was so damn close.

I haven't gotten my hands on it yet either. I'd really like to find some for Thanksgiving. Seems like a perfect day for Celebration Ale.
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
IR0NM1KE wrote:

Cosigned. Breakfast Stout is world class stuff. No joke, it's outstanding.

I also love it because it's very easy to find. Some of Founders' best beers can be a real pain to track down. FBS is top notch, not too expensive, and easy to find. Probably one of the top 3 oatmeal stouts in the world, imo.
opeth0500

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:
opeth0500 wrote:

I haven't gotten my hands on it yet either. I'd really like to find some for Thanksgiving. Seems like a perfect day for Celebration Ale.

I surprisingly found it tonight at Walmart of all places. They only had 4 six packs so I bought them all.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

opeth0500 wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
opeth0500 wrote:

I surprisingly found it tonight at Walmart of all places. They only had 4 six packs so I bought them all.
It's a seasonal, not a limited release. I'm guessing it shouldn't be hard to find this stuff anywhere you find SN. Much like my local grocery store still has 10+ 12 packs of Summerfest. I'm just not sure if my area has gotten any at all yet. I haven't seen it in the grocery store or any of the liquor stores I had to go to checking for Backwoods Bastard.
opeth0500

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:
opeth0500 wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
opeth0500 wrote:

It's a seasonal, not a limited release. I'm guessing it shouldn't be hard to find this stuff anywhere you find SN. Much like my local grocery store still has 10+ 12 packs of Summerfest. I'm just not sure if my area has gotten any at all yet. I haven't seen it in the grocery store or any of the liquor stores I had to go to checking for Backwoods Bastard.

I've been drinking celebration for awhile and I've noticed not too many grocery stores carry it, at least that's the case in my area. Usually the grocerys in my area carry of course Sierra Nevadas pale ale (which is great) and Torpedo, and summerfest, which I've never boughten.

It seems like celebration comes out later and later each year, I remember in 2008 I bought 2 twelve packs in August and saved one for Monday football because we opened up against the Broncos, there wasnt much to celebrate that night.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously do not know what I am going to do once I stop traveling for work. I am sitting in my hotel enjoying a Big Sky IPA from Big Sky Brewing in Missoula, Montana, and I cannot get it anywhere in the southeast. It is one of my favorite 2 beers, and I need to be able to get it. I am going to have to try and convince my local micro brew bar to start carrying in every now and then, if they can even get it from Montana.

#JDI

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 95 of 100

Jump to: