Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Beer Review Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninerminer49

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
You and about 250,000,000 other Americans . . . which is why we have a worldwide reputation for brewing terrible beer. So many people have never tried and never will try a good beer because they've drank nothing but Budweiser for their entire lives.

Oh trust me, I know what you're talking about, and I've had good beer. But my mission is intoxication. Every time. Mission B is saving money. I love trying new beer, but I'm not going to go out of my way to get something special if the taste isn't really what I'm looking for. My friends and I have a limited budget and with quite a few people lookin' to drink, we have to go quantity 90% of the time.
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninerminer49 wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
You and about 250,000,000 other Americans . . . which is why we have a worldwide reputation for brewing terrible beer. So many people have never tried and never will try a good beer because they've drank nothing but Budweiser for their entire lives.

Oh trust me, I know what you're talking about, and I've had good beer. But my mission is intoxication. Every time. Mission B is saving money. I love trying new beer, but I'm not going to go out of my way to get something special if the taste isn't really what I'm looking for. My friends and I have a limited budget and with quite a few people lookin' to drink, we have to go quantity 90% of the time.

You can find $10 six-packs of 8% alcohol beer. It's like buying a 12-pack of crappy beer for the amount of alcohol you're getting, and it costs about the same as a 12-pack of crap too. Except it's actually good.

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
Is that something the common man should be ashamed of Confused

Not necessarily. But it's annoying when I go to a bar and all they have is crappy beer because actual good beer doesn't sell as well during happy hour.

bbelan2343 wrote:
I love Sam Adams and look forward to most of their seasonal beers each year. For some reason the Winter Lager Ale always is my most anticipated. IMHO their Octoberfest is great, but I've had others that are as good, if not better from other companies.

A beer is either a lager or an ale.

You can have hybrids depending on brewing temperature and the type of yeast used (typically ales are brewed at higher temperatures with top-fermenting yeast while lagers are brewed at colder temperatures with bottom-fermenting yeast), but generally they're going to be called either a lager or an ale, not both.

Sam Adams's is called Winter Lager. I am a fan of it, though I generally prefer ales because IMO they're more diversified and the flavors are more pronounced.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for three years running!)
ninerminer49

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
You can find $10 six-packs of 8% alcohol beer. It's like buying a 12-pack of crappy beer for the amount of alcohol you're getting, and it costs about the same as a 12-pack of crap too. Except it's actually good

You can buy a 30 of Keystone Light for $16. Everything cheaper tastes bad. Keystone Light just tastes like water.
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninerminer49 wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
You can find $10 six-packs of 8% alcohol beer. It's like buying a 12-pack of crappy beer for the amount of alcohol you're getting, and it costs about the same as a 12-pack of crap too. Except it's actually good

You can buy a 30 of Keystone Light for $16. Everything cheaper tastes bad. Keystone Light just tastes like water.

I would probably not want to drink it. I don't really like getting very drunk though--a good buzz is nice, but 2-4 beers (depending on the strength) is usually enough. I only get legitimately drunk like once every couple of months. It would probably take me about two weeks to finish 30 beers, and I wouldn't enjoy them at all so it'd really just be a waste of money.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

ninerminer49

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
I would probably not want to drink it. I don't really like getting very drunk though--a good buzz is nice, but 2-4 beers (depending on the strength) is usually enough. I only get legitimately drunk like once every couple of months. It would probably take me about two weeks to finish 30 beers, and I wouldn't enjoy them at all so it'd really just be a waste of money.

It take me and 2-3 friends of mine to finish a 30 pack in a night, so it works out all right.
TrueViking28

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was given one of these yesterday and Wow! This is an absolutely fantastic beer. I loved the lemonade flavor added to the beer, it made the beer a little sweet. I will be definitely getting these beers again. 9.5/10

vike daddy wrote:
boondock wrote:
Usually small dogs will wet themselves when they get excited.

happens to me when the nurse comes in with fresh oatmeal. yum!
bbelan2343

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only drink Leinenkugel scarcely. Far too sweet for me.
Morons at the dollar store are selling dinosaurs for a buck

Let's go Pirates!!
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueViking28 wrote:

I was given one of these yesterday and Wow! This is an absolutely fantastic beer. I loved the lemonade flavor added to the beer, it made the beer a little sweet. I will be definitely getting these beers again. 9.5/10

Haha . . . 9.5/10 would make it the best beer reviewed in this thread. I've had it, and it's good, but it's literally beer mixed with lemonade. It's more of a mixed drink than a beer.

MrDrew wrote:

Mize

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently had a few of these Belgians made with lambic beer mixed with sour cherries, and then allowed to be re-fermented for several months. Belgian beer is probably my favorite, and Lindeman's Kriek is quite tasty. It's very acidic and less sweet than a lot of fruit beers, but the fruit taste is still prominent. The initial flavour is sweet and sour with a velvety, sparkly mouthfeel. The drink itself is sparkling but very smooth with the dominant flavour, as you would expect, a rich cherry sweetness. 7.5/10

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mize wrote:

Recently had a few of these Belgians made with lambic beer mixed with sour cherries, and then allowed to be re-fermented for several months. Belgian beer is probably my favorite, and Lindeman's Kriek is quite tasty. It's very acidic and less sweet than a lot of fruit beers, but the fruit taste is still prominent. The initial flavour is sweet and sour with a velvety, sparkly mouthfeel. The drink itself is sparkling but very smooth with the dominant flavour, as you would expect, a rich cherry sweetness. 7.5/10

That's a lot of head Shocked

I've had their raspberry (framboise) lambic before; don't really remember much about it though.

MrDrew wrote:

Mize

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:

That's a lot of head Shocked

I've had their raspberry (framboise) lambic before; don't really remember much about it though.

Yeah, I was noticing the same thing, but my guess is that it's just a combination of being being poured too fast/incorrectly and the shape of the glass. When I had mine, the beer was not that heady. It did have a nice head, and left a lacing on the glass, but nothing as extreme as the photo. Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
TrueViking28 wrote:

Haha . . . 9.5/10 would make it the best beer reviewed in this thread. I've had it, and it's good, but it's literally beer mixed with lemonade. It's more of a mixed drink than a beer.

I would agree RF that it is kinda a mixed drink, but it definitely tastes like beer still. I haven't had a wide variety of expensive beers to compare this to, but Heinekin is the only thing I have had that tops this.

vike daddy wrote:
boondock wrote:
Usually small dogs will wet themselves when they get excited.

happens to me when the nurse comes in with fresh oatmeal. yum!
CaribouLou

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninerminer49 wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:

It take me and 2-3 friends of mine to finish a 30 pack in a night, so it works out all right.

Me and my friends have done a 30 in a night. I had 10, and 3 others finished the other 20. I'm like you, if I drink, I'm usually looking to get drunk, not casually looking to drink beer for the taste. It's a taste I am starting to acquire, but I haven't fully got it yet.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueViking28 wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
TrueViking28 wrote:

I would agree RF that it is kinda a mixed drink, but it definitely tastes like beer still. I haven't had a wide variety of expensive beers to compare this to, but Heinekin is the only thing I have had that tops this.

I'm not a fan of Heineken whatsoever. If you ask me it's really no better than Budweiser, plus the fact that it comes in a green bottle means it gets skunky way too easily. It's probably better on-tap or in a can, but I can't say I've ever been overly impressed with it.

MrDrew wrote:

Last edited by RyanFuller003 on Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lion Imperial Premium Malt Pilsner

I liked their Stout so well I thought I'd give this one a whirl. I've been looking for a good version of a Pilsner for quite a while; unfortunately all the ones I've tried have either been the mislabeled macros or Pilsner Urquell, which due to the fact that it's in a green bottle, was unfortunately skunky when I bought it.

This beer pours out a golden color with a thin head that doesn't last long. It smells of sweet malt and--uh oh--corn. Right away that's not a very inviting smell for a beverage, really. The taste is quite sweet with a syrupy mouthfeel . . . it's not very light. The alcohol is palpable in both the odor and taste (it's 8.8% alcohol and high gravity, so it really grabs you). Unfortunately I'm not enjoying this very much. To make matters worse there are floaties in the beer . . . which just shouldn't happen, especially not in a beer that isn't labeled "unfiltered." The finish is strongly alcoholic with some kind of unidentifiable funk that really doesn't leave me wanting more.

What is pleasant about this beverage, though, is that one will give you a nice buzz since it's so powerful. Unfortunately it comes across like an exceptionally thick, too-sweet version of the macro garbage you can buy for $5.00 at the local liquor store. I paid twice that amount and enjoyed it about as much.

This is quite a disappointment compared to their stout, which was exceptional. This isn't even average.

Overall Rating:3.5

MrDrew wrote:

Last edited by RyanFuller003 on Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 40 of 100

Jump to: