Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Beer Review Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buckrock101

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
Do you guys get any Australian Beer?

NZ beer > Australian beer. Just another thing we're better at Smile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW- I didnt post this earlier but:

Stone IPA>Dogfish 90 min> Dogfish 120

Which is funny, because that is the exact opposite of their price! (Well, DF90 and StoneIPA are close in price)

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Bengals_09

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I have to pick a country's beer, I would pick Japan's. Japanese beer is smooth, real smooth!
animaltested

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bengals_09 wrote:
If I have to pick a country's beer, I would pick Japan's. Japanese beer is smooth, real smooth!

I agree, while I do love my thick dark beer, the dry beers of Japan and the greater Asia area are great. I really have only been able to drink the mainsteam stuff like Sapporo, Kirin, Asahi (from Japan), Tsingtao (China), Singha, Chang (Thai Beer), but I've liked them all. Asahi Dry has been my favorite by far, with Sapporo and Tsingtao coming in second.

Quote:
If you don't care for obscenity, you don't care for the truth; if you don't care for the truth, watch how you vote.
BobSacamano

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
BTW- I didnt post this earlier but:

Stone IPA>Dogfish 90 min> Dogfish 120

Which is funny, because that is the exact opposite of their price! (Well, DF90 and StoneIPA are close in price)
I tried that Dogfish head 90 & 120 min IPA here in the midwest and I didn't like it nearly as much as I expected to. I made myself believe it was because I was buying it so far away from it's brewing location ( which should make little difference)..So This past week when I was on the east coast I tried it again only to be disappointed. Very overrated if you ask me, and this is coming from a guy who lives for IPAs.

As for the country with the best beer. Easily Germany or Belgium. Another country I found myself liking the beer of was France. They had some really good beers I tried while I was there. I wish I could remember the name of them, even though I doubt I could find them here.

KingTarvaris7 wrote:
last year's vikings were far better than the packers team that just won
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of tonight i work for new zealands champion brewery. Emersons brewery.

Founded by Richard Emerson 15 yeardrs ago. He is deaf but didn't let it stop him.

At the new zealand beer awards we enetered 12 different beers. There were 340 entries from around the world. We won best in class in 3 of the sections we entered along with other medals. we are only a small craft brewery with 8 people working there some of them part time. So this is a big deal for us.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
Matts4313

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:

Founded by Richard Emerson 15 yeardrs ago. He is deaf but didn't let it stop him.

At the new zealand beer awards we enetered 12 different beers. There were 340 entries from around the world. We won best in class in 3 of the sections we entered along with other medals. we are only a small craft brewery with 8 people working there some of them part time. So this is a big deal for us.

Dont be afraid to send some of your work our way... Wink

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:

Dont be afraid to send some of your work our way... Wink
co-signed... we'll pay shipping of course.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Waldo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobSacamano wrote:
As for the country with the best beer. Easily Germany

I would rank them:
Germany
Great Britain
Belgium
United States
Ireland
France
Czech Republic
Then a long drop to a bunch of others too close to distinguish, that lack a single distinctive style, instead being modifications of other styles from those above.
Poland, Sweden, Canada, Japan, Mexico, Holland, East Asia in general, Australia-NZ in general, the ex-USSR in general (especially the Baltics)

Title Town USA wrote:
Waldo was right!
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninerminer49 wrote:
I don't give a hoot what beer it is, long as I'm gettin' drunk.

You and about 250,000,000 other Americans . . . which is why we have a worldwide reputation for brewing terrible beer. So many people have never tried and never will try a good beer because they've drank nothing but Budweiser for their entire lives.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
Bucky

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
ninerminer49 wrote:

You and about 250,000,000 other Americans . . . which is why we have a worldwide reputation for brewing terrible beer. So many people have never tried and never will try a good beer because they've drank nothing but Budweiser for their entire lives.

This reminds me of a story from this past weekend. I went to a Wedding in Milwaukee, naturally they had a whole line of Miller beers at it. In addition to the Miller-lineup, they had [url="http://www.newglarusbrewing.com/beers.cfm?BeerID=7"]Spotted Cow[/url] from the New Glarus Brewing Company. My girlfriend's uncle is a straight Bud drinker, nothing else. Every time I see him I try to get him to try something new but he refuses. Well at the wedding he had his option between Miller products or New Glarus. After sucking down a couple of Miller High Life's he finally gave in and tried a Spotted Cow. The rest of the night that's all he drank, he ended up buying a few 12 packs from a liquor store to take back home with him (he's from outside the Midwest.) He was telling everybody at breakfast the next morning how Spotted Cow is better than Bud and how he's going to start drinking that instead. I feel like I made a small step in the progression of mainstream America's beer drinking habits.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Löwenbräu Original

Löwenbräu is one of the oldest German breweries, situated at ground zero of Oktoberfest in Munich. Their original is a light Munich Helles Style Lager, which is related to a Pilsner, though a little less hoppy and a bit maltier. This is one that plays up the German purity law a great deal in advertising, (unlike Weihenstaphaner which uses wheat in most of their varieties, breaking the law (they were the royal brewery allowed to break the law)). Löwenbräu is an all malt beer that uses light noble hops.

A few years ago, until 2002, most Löwenbräu in the US was in fact brewed in America under license by Miller Brewing. Needless to say, that did no favors to their brand image. Miller used corn in the grain bill, killing much of the malt flavor of the German variety. What you find to day, known as Löwenbräu Original, is in fact imported from Munich, not the Americanized version.

This is a very light, crisp drinkable beer. It has a solid backbone of noble hops, much like a Czech Pilsner, but not nearly as overpowering. Continental noble hops are very different than their fruitier British or more floral American counterparts, and add a more delicate bitterness. The malt flavor of this beer is very nice and simple with soft bread notes that is a little stronger on the palette than a Pilsner. There are slight cider hints as well. It is a very pleasant and balanced beer.

This is a great session beer, and a great step for those used to drinking American Macros. It has the distinct flavors of a continental lager but is nice and light. It also isn't very expensive relative to many other imports, running about $12 a per twelve pack. And I do suggest a 12 pack or cans (or the minikegs), as in the green bottles, delicate beers like this skunk almost instantly in light, the 12 pack case protects the bottles. Although it is a fairly similar color and heaviness to American Macros, the flavors are very different in Löwenbräu Original, but nothing is overpowering.

Grade: 7.5

Title Town USA wrote:
Waldo was right!

Last edited by Waldo on Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lion Stout

Pours extremely dark--I mean totally opaque, even if you hold a light up directly to the glass--with a three-fingered foam that dissipates fairly quickly to a thinner, but still persistent head. Does leave a nice lacing down the glass. The aroma of this one is very heady; a sweet, chocolate/coffee scent fills the nostrils along with some roasted barley and some fairly light fruity notes as well.

. . . This beer is superb. I don't know what else to say about it. I've never had a better stout than this one, I don't think. Dominant flavors are chocolate and coffee, but right around the middle of a drink you notice a fruity flavor that complements the mocha flavors nicely, much like a chocolate-covered cherry or an amaretto flavor in your coffee. The finish is dry, and that's when the barley comes through. The mouthfeel is slightly syrupy; very substantial and it hangs on the palate even after one swallows.

I have to reiterate here: this beer is amazing and I recommend it to anyone that likes dark beer. It gets high marks everywhere from me. I should note that it's 8.0% alcohol, which is roughly double what you'd find in a Miller Lite or a Bud Light, and it cost me $9.99 for a six pack at a local (and usually overpriced) liquor store. I will be buying this one again, provided I can find it. I was surprised to find it's brewed in Sri Lanka, of all places (hardly what one would consider a brewing hotspot), and in case you're wondering it's imported locally by a Kalamazoo, MI-based importer called Elite Brands. I don't know if it's available elsewhere from a different importer (or even from the same).

Overall Rating: 8.9

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
ninerminer49 wrote:

Is that something the common man should be ashamed of Confused

chauboy wrote:
Then there was 1 group of girls that were just standing against of wall, the group being hot, just texting. Just intimidating.
bbelan2343

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my.. I have journeyed so far and long.. and I finally found my home.

I never knew such a thread existed!

Just got done looking over the first page of this thread and completely agree with most of the ratings that I see.

I love my Lagers, Pilsners and Ales.. Stouts are usually something I drink only during a meal or such

In a jist, Yuingling is typically my everyday beer.. Smithwicks is a close second. Little more pricey.

I love Sam Adams and look forward to most of their seasonal beers each year. For some reason the Winter Lager Ale always is my most anticipated. IMHO their Octoberfest is great, but I've had others that are as good, if not better from other companies.

Great thread idea, Waldo. I'll be watching the thread and waiting interestingly to see when you get into some Lager tastings.. Very Happy
Morons at the dollar store are selling dinosaurs for a buck

Let's go Pirates!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 39 of 100

Jump to: