Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Beer Review Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Waldo

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlueQuickSilver wrote:
Now try to get a person who absolutley hates the smell,taste and everything about regular conveinant store beer then you can have my attention, i was trying that sweet Mike's hard lemonade and it was okay but its too sweet and gives you a headache but i always wanted to find a beer that i would like drinikng because my family is a bunch of whino's.

I cant stand- Bud,Miller,Coors,Keystone, Corona ,liquor store stuff etc.
Its all so dang bitter dude. It smells and looks like urine,whats the catch?
YYYYUUUKK!

I good % of the regular posters in this thread are not the biggest fans of American Megabrew fizzy yellow pee.

Title Town USA wrote:
Waldo was right!
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waldo wrote:
ienjoythesnow wrote:
Waldo wrote:
I'll gladly give $5 per bottle for a Sam Smith Oatmeal Stout

just bought one based on your recommendation, cost 3.99 and so far it has been worth every penny, delicious beer.

EDIT: holy crap i can't get over how GREAT this beer is, excellent call waldo, one of my new favorites. this beer is practically flawless imo.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I can't believe you've never had it before.

That one is nearly legendary good. I've never heard of anybody disliking it. Even if you don't like dark beer. You like an Oatie.

I saw this stuff yesterday, but I didn't pick it up because we were going to a party. I'll have to head back and pick up the bottle. Buying a pint of beer for $4.49 outside of a bar doesn't usually sit well with me, but you guys are talking it up so much, I think I can afford to splurge.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for three years running!)
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I broke down and bought a Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout today. Since you guys can't refrain from drinking it too fast, I'll get a review in the next couple of days. I also bought a 6-pack of New Belgium Blue Paddle Pilsner to take to the UFC fight at a coworker's house. I'll have a review on that later tonight.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Well, I broke down and bought a Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout today. Since you guys can't refrain from drinking it too fast, I'll get a review in the next couple of days. I also bought a 6-pack of New Belgium Blue Paddle Pilsner to take to the UFC fight at a coworker's house. I'll have a review on that later tonight.

Nice.

I need to get a Pilsner, haven't had one in a long time. I'm always scared, is it the Brewery's offering for those who have yet to be weaned off of crap, or are they legitimately trying to do an excellent version of an Urquell?

Title Town USA wrote:
Waldo was right!
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Paddle

Brewer: New Belgium Brewing (Ft Collins, CO)
Style: Czech style Pilsner-Lager

My Review:
Pours light gold, and clear, with a smaller white head. Scents of of the hops were floral, citrus, and grass. Taste was all up front and was bitter, citrus, grass, and light malt. The taste lingered, but there was nothing really on the back end. Not the smooth, crisp taste I expected from a pilsner, but I wasn't disappointed at all. It was almost like a lighter twist of an APA. Wouldn't have any problems drinking it again.

My Score: 7.0

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:

I also got some. It was very good, but I'm not paying $4.49 a bottle for it again.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for three years running!)
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam Adams Scotch Ale = yummy.

Sam Adams 24 pack at cocstco for 21 bucks = AWESOME
it gives you 4 of these 6 types:
White Ale
Scotch Ale
Honey Porter
Boston Lager
Black Lager
Boston Ale

it all tastes pretty good to me, and paying less than a dollar per beer in a 12 oz dark bottle is always nice.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout

Brewer: Samuel Smith Old Brewery (Tadcaster, North Yorkshire, England)
Style: Oatmeal Stout

My Review:
Pours a deep dark brown, with a thick, fluffy, lasting tan head. Very nice lacing through the glass. Scents of the oats, coffee, the chocolate malts, and alcohol. Palate was on the thick side, but not as much as a lot of oatmeals. No trace of hops anywhere, which isn't uncommon for the style. I guess I read too many reviews, or Bristol's Winter Warlock is every bit as good as the 9 I gave, because it wasn't as good as I was expecting. It was very good, but not the great I was looking for. Not as much flavor as most in the style. I like that they didn't overdue the coffee flavor, but there just could have been more flavor in general. Good enough to hold me over until Winter Warlock hits the shelves in Oct. I will have it again, but won't go out of my way to get it. Well worth $3.95 for the pint. Paired really well with the meatloaf and mashed potatoes my wife was nice enough to make me.

My Rating: 7.75

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had the best beer ever the other day. its called sweet water. anyone ever had it?

Dawg24^^
boondock

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

limentani39 wrote:
i had the best beer ever the other day. its called sweet water. anyone ever had it?

Sweetwater is a brewery, that makes different beers. I have drank many from their brewery.

Which beer did you have?

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had a great beer day yesterday, can't remember the technical's about each one but i remember which ones i liked and the rating i would have given them.

Anderson Valley Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout

Anderson Valley Website wrote:
With its deep, dark brown-black color, thick, full-bodied, velvety-smooth mouth feel, mocha character, and, strong yet subtle hop bite, Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout is one of the thickest, richest, and most complex stouts on the market today. In 1990, it became our first gold medal winner, at the Great American Beer Festival. Barney Flats was judged so superior to the other stouts that no other medals were even awarded in its category. Try it and see why Stewart Kallen described it as, “Slippery, creamy, dark, and sweet as a Pacific May morning,” in his book, The 50 Greatest Beers in the World.

My Rating: 9, very delicious.

Anderson Valley 7 year old port barrel Stout

My brewer friend (owns mt. tallac brewery) brought this bottle back from the booneville beer festival and we popped it open and it was amazing. I bought the 6 pack of oatmeal stout on a whim and coincidentally it was that beer they aged to make this stout.here's a little background info on it
Quote:
According to brewer David Gatlin, “The beer delivers subtle notes of chocolate and dark fruits of the stout as well as conveys the spicy red fruit qualities of the port. Hints of malt sweetness meld with smoke and leather on the nose, with green apple and earthiness rounding out the aromatics. The full 7 years of aging comes through in the mouth with a touch of sourness and a vinous, dry finish.”
Port Barrel Stout is being released in comically limited quantities, so get it while you can. If you do happen to be lucky enough to get your hands on more than just one of the 150 bottles, this is a beer that will cellar well and continue to develop over time.

My Rating: 8, tasted kind of like carbonated wine with a bunch of malt. interesting and tasty to say the least.

Mendocino Brewing Company Spring Seasonal Bock Beer

From the creators of eye of the hawk, red tail and white hawk, this seasonal beer was very tasty, can't remember much more about it so i'll let the websites poor description do the rest.
Quote:
Our Spring Lager is brewed with the finest malted barley and a luscious blend of aromatic noble hops for a unique drinking sensation. At 7.0% Alc. by Vol., this lager is a perfect compliment to those days when the cool crispness of spring blends deliciously with the oncoming warmth that will herald the earth renewing herself once again!

My Rating: 7

RaiderX with the assist^^
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I'm back home in CA this summer, I'm going to have to try some of these that I never did before moving. It's depressing to see some of these great reviews, and see there's no distro in CO.

I might have found a way to get some beer that's only available in AK. The contract I work on has a site near Fairbanks, and one of the guys from my office is there for a week. I talked to him, and may have convinced to bring me back something from a brewery in Fairbanks, and then stop at a liquor store and grab something from the Midnight Sun brewery. Midnight Sun gets extremely good reviews.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denver Pale Ale

Brewer: Great Divide Brewing Company (Denver, CO)
Style: English Pale Ale

My Review:
Pours a light copper, with a mid sized white head. Scents of malt/bread, floral, light citrus, and light pine. Lacing tells when you took a drink. Flavor is light malt, bitter citrus, and light floral. Finishes dry, slightly bitter, and a hint of pine. Medium body on the palate. Almost no carbonation.

I actually found this one in the fridge, been there since January. I was mostly surprised that it wasn't skunky. I'll get another one later, just to make sure I didn't lose anything over time.

A very nice beer. I prefer the APA's, but this was really good after a really long day at work. Good balance of malt, bitter, and hops.

My Score: 7.75

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete's Wicked Ale

Style: Ruby Brown Ale

Ya i'm drinking in the middle of the day in the middle of the week, big whoop wanna fight about it.

This beer is somewhat of an enigma, it has a dark red-brownish color with good carbonation, but it's really not that thick at all, very drinkable. Not a lot of bite. First taste that hits is a fruity hoppy flavor which dissipates quickly into the smooth malty flavor which is kind of watery. Nothing really stands out about this beer, just faint hints of flavor such as caramel, fruit, and chocolate. the balance is pretty good in this beer though. Great beer for a party cause it's very drinkable and will still get you relatively drunk.

My Rating: 5.5

RaiderX with the assist^^
Waldo

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Pete's Wicked. The flavors are not all that unrelated to Oktoberfest Beers, which I absolutely love (the fall can't come fast enough), even though it is an Ale and not a Lager.

Drinkability is huge with it, it has a good flavor but goes down easy.

I definitely prefer Pete's Wicked over the Standard Sam Adams, which I'm not the biggest fan of.

Title Town USA wrote:
Waldo was right!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 18 of 100

Jump to: