Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Beer Review Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PackerFanDan

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaribouLou wrote:
I don't want to ruin this thread, but Waldo, what is the worst beer you've ever had?

To answer my question I would say Milwakee's Best Light, that wasn't especially cold. Me and my friends aren't beer experts obviously, so we go as cheap as we can. I can usually tolerate some putrid stuff (Keystone Light, Coors Light), but this stuff was a pain every time I took a sip.

Beast tastes like it has hair in it.
Ramsfan28

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackerFanDan wrote:
CaribouLou wrote:
I don't want to ruin this thread, but Waldo, what is the worst beer you've ever had?

To answer my question I would say Milwakee's Best Light, that wasn't especially cold. Me and my friends aren't beer experts obviously, so we go as cheap as we can. I can usually tolerate some putrid stuff (Keystone Light, Coors Light), but this stuff was a pain every time I took a sip.

Beast is next on my "too try" list...

Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

We're football fans...reactionary, delusional, and passionate...
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haze & Infused

Brewer: Boulder Beer Company (Boulder, CO)
Style: American Pale Ale

My Review:
Holy Hops Batman! If the hops on the label aren't warning enough, the sent will be sure to let you know how much is in there. I pours a nice hazy amber color, due to it being unfiltered, with a nice white head. Various scents from the hops like floral, citrus, and a hint of pine. Taste starts a little sweet, followed by a little bitterness, then a big hop finish. Also a little dry on the finish. A very nice example of an American Pale. Everything about this beer is the hops, and they do a good job with it. The taste of hops is strong, but not so overpowering that you feel like you are eating off the vine. Pairs very well with anything you can BBQ.

My Score: 8.0

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
ienjoythesnow

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^
that sounds mighty delicious mrdrew.

I'll definitely have to look for it at the GABF.

RaiderX with the assist^^
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramsfan28 wrote:
PackerFanDan wrote:
CaribouLou wrote:

Beast is next on my "too try" list...

Beast should be on your "avoid at all costs" list. Don't bother. It's the Miller version of Natural Light/Natural Ice . . . just awful beer designed for people looking to get drunk cheaply.

I can handle drinking Miller Lite--I really don't mind it, actually, I just don't really like it--but Beast and Natty are all kinds of awful. Natty Ice is the one and only kind of beer I've ever hated so much I couldn't finish it.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ienjoythesnow wrote:
^^
that sounds mighty delicious mrdrew.

I'll definitely have to look for it at the GABF.

Boulder actually has some distribution in NorCal. You might be able to find it locally. If not I found a place that sells beer by the bottle over the internet. You have to order a minimum, but they have some hard to find stuff, and some imported stuff.

http://www.bottletrek.com/

pmk

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:

Beast should be on your "avoid at all costs" list. Don't bother. It's the Miller version of Natural Light/Natural Ice . . . just awful beer designed for people looking to get drunk cheaply.

I can handle drinking Miller Lite--I really don't mind it, actually, I just don't really like it--but Beast and Natty are all kinds of awful. Natty Ice is the one and only kind of beer I've ever hated so much I couldn't finish it.

Beast Ice is worse. Only drinkable via beer bong and even then it leaves a bad aftertaste. Pretty much any beer with Ice in the title is pretty bad though. Yet to find a good one at least.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all of you Dark Beer lovers, you gotta try this:

STD and Karma: ...
Rab: TBD
Hockey: Saw
Alf=Indiana Jones
B.Green=TBD
Jeezy = 24: Day 1
PatsWin=OldSchool
HighHopes= High School
CWood=Digimon
JetsQB=TBD
OHIO: Star Wars
DeadlyDolphinz: Rival
stallyns: Stargate SG-1
Waldo

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlferdPacker wrote:
For all of you Dark Beer lovers, you gotta try this:

Their Oatmeal Stout will always be one of my favorites. I've actually gotten two since I started this thread, but have had them while watching SNL, so haven't been able to do a review. I get them often though, so soon one will come.

Title Town USA wrote:
Waldo was right!
Waldo

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Haze & Infused

That sounds really good, I'm gonna have to try one when (if) I see it. I've always liked their beer, I used to get one all the time when I was in college, I forget the variety, but remember the bottle, kinda had a dirty yellow/orange color on the label.

Title Town USA wrote:
Waldo was right!
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waldo wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
Haze & Infused

That sounds really good, I'm gonna have to try one when (if) I see it. I've always liked their beer, I used to get one all the time when I was in college, I forget the variety, but remember the bottle, kinda had a dirty yellow/orange color on the label.

Probably Mojo, their IPA.

If that's the one, you'll like Hazed & Infused. It's a little smoother.

ienjoythesnow

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:

Boulder actually has some distribution in NorCal. You might be able to find it locally. If not I found a place that sells beer by the bottle over the internet. You have to order a minimum, but they have some hard to find stuff, and some imported stuff.

i looked at their distribution and they distribute up in auburn which isn't far from me at all, might have to make that trip this summer.

what sucks is i used to go to school IN boulder, i just wish i had liked good beer back then. Laughing

RaiderX with the assist^^
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ienjoythesnow wrote:
MrDrew wrote:

i looked at their distribution and they distribute up in auburn which isn't far from me at all, might have to make that trip this summer.

what sucks is i used to go to school IN boulder, i just wish i had liked good beer back then. Laughing

My problem is that I can't find anybody willing to go up to Boulder and hit all the breweries with me. When I actually find somebody to, we can't find a DD. I've tired to convince my wife to do it, but after her only trip to the Pearl St mall, she's afraid to go back up there. Kills me that she grew up a very sheltered life in a small town.

Most of the breweries in Boulder get great reviews. I really need to get up there to confirm it.

Last edited by MrDrew on Tue May 19, 2009 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Waldo

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aecht Schlenkerla Urbock

If you like beer, you simply must try a Schlenkerla Rauchbier at some point. There really is nothing like it. Rauchbier means smoked beer, and Schlenkera is the most famous of the style worldwide, offering a Marzen (Octoberfest), Urbock, and Weiss. They sell by the bottle and are imported from Germany. Urbock is a basic German Bock, which is a strong malty Lager (6.5% ABV), similar to a Scotch Ale that uses Lager yeast and cold fermantation. Of the 3 Schlenkerla offerings, I like the Urbock the best. I think that the smoke is a more natural part of the flavor for this beer, it is a very good match. The smoke is a woodier smoke than the peat often associated with Scottish Beers/Spirits, and a very major portion of the malt is smoked. This beer knows what it's draw is and really does nothing to take away from the flavor of the smoke. The malt is strong and slightly sweet, the hops are very light, both are good compliments.

What I like best, it reminds me of a cozy campfire, in a good way. It is a very smooth beer.

What I like least, well, it is a bit of a gimmick, but they are the best at it. By far.

I get one of these once a year or so. I really do like them, especially the Urbock. This is not a beer that uses a hint of smoke to balance, the smoke is the flavor, the malt itself is smoked prior to brewing (not the smoke flavor crap). I bet it pairs very well with smoked Salmon, there are definitely similarities in the flavor. Seems a little to refined to go with BBQ, though I bet that would be an excellent pairing as well.

Grade: 7.8

Title Town USA wrote:
Waldo was right!
Ramsfan28

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:

This Beast?

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/30/15619

We have bottles of it at Old Chicago. For awhile the craze was "who is daring enough to drink this?" Apparently it's a very strong dark ale. As Samuel Jackson would say...."IT'LL GET YA DRUNK!"

Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

We're football fans...reactionary, delusional, and passionate...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 14 of 100

Jump to: