Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Beer Review Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JDBrocks

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
JDBrocks wrote:
Glad to see that Rogue Dead Guy Ale has gotten respect in this thread. It is by far my favorite beer to drink.

I have a bottle of Double Dead Guy in my fridge that I may drink tonight. Does anyone know if it has been reviewed yet? If not this would be my first foray into FF beer reviewing.

Nope, no one's done Dead Guy yet. It's a really good beer too. It might be the best "flagship" beer I've ever had, usually because flagship beers are boring lagers or amber ales, far from my favorites. Maibocks are hard to find outside of . . . well, May, so it's nice that Rogue has a really good one available all year-round.

Unfortunately, it's like $14.00 for a six pack around here, and while it's quite good, it's not $14.00 for a six pack good. I'm sure it's cheaper out west.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Hahaha this is sig quote worthy.

After I finish work today and have time to post, I'll do Dead Guy (only 11-12 a sixer around here in Chicago). I'll drink the Double Dead guy this evening and hopefully post that tomorrow or Wednesday then.

Josh Ritter wrote:
I became a thin blue wire, that held the world above the fire
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyers0909 wrote:
Anybody like Yuengling Black and Tan? It's nothing amazing but it's probably my favorite beer for the price. At school I can get a 6-pack for just over $6.00.

I also had my first IPA the other day. It came from Souther Tier Brewing Company (southern tier of New York where I go to school). At first it was a little harsh but about halfway through the first bottle I was loving it.

They don't have Yuengling in Michigan. Kinda sucks. Black and Tan is just a mix of dark beer and pale beer though; I'd rather just have the dark stuff Wink

You probably started to enjoy the IPA more as it went on because it's generally better served at a comparably warmer temperature like 55-60 degrees.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
gothman25

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any one know what is the deal with Sam Adams Noble Pils? I saw it in stores a few months ago--I think--but now I can't find it to save my life. Is it seasonal?

I ask because a buddy of mine swears by it, and essentially won't quit bugging me until I try it for myself. Anyone have any opinions on it? For, my friend isn't always the most reliable source for good beer suggestions. Laughing

The one and only Kiltman!

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned / Nor Hell a fury like a woman scorned." -- William Congreve

Last edited by gothman25 on Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a 6 pack of Two Hearted Ale and a 6 of Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA. I have had the Two hearted Ale before and I love it. But its a tough choice between that and the dogfish head because that is one hell of an IPA.

Is the 90 minute that much better than the 60?

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
JDBrocks

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogue Double Dead Guy Ale

19.8 Plato
72 IBU
78 AA
26 Lovibond
9% ABV

Rogue products never fail to impress me. Regular dead guy is my favorite beer on earth. I've also had Morimoto Imperial Pilsner, Shakespeare Stout, Old Crustacean Barleywine Style Ale, Yellow Snow IPA, and Brutal IPA.

When you are at a local liquor store, this bottle will immediately catch your eye, with it's fire engine red paint. I'm glad it did catch my eye because I was not disappointed by the product. Even if it was $12 for a 750 ml bottle.

The color is an orangy carmel, the head cream colored and almost an inch tall. The beer is cloudy, but is still transparent (in the sampler glass that I use). The smell is instantly sweet, carmel, and malty, with a hint of hops. It is a thicker beer, not quite syrupy, but almost. The flavor of the beer is intense, ranging from malt, citrus, sweetness (possibly similar to roasted marshmellow?), and a fruity almost pear taste. The best part about it is the foreshadowing of the intense hops flavor by the scent. The hops create a strong bitter flavor that lasts, but mellows in the finish. the lace from the head is very nice and lasts as you drink the beer.

I wouldn't spend the money on this very often, because of the high price. My dad bought this for me for my birthday yesterday. But if you want to treat yourself, and already enjoy Dead Guy I must stress that you need to try this at least once.

Final Grade: 8.0 (would be 9 save for the cost)

Josh Ritter wrote:
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gothman25 wrote:
Any one know what is the deal with Sam Adams Noble Pils? I saw it in stores a few months ago--I think--but now I can't find it to save my life. Is it seasonal?

I ask because a buddy of mine swears by it, and essentially won't quit bugging me until I try it for myself. Anyone have any opinions on it? For, my friend isn't always the most reliable source for good beer suggestions. Laughing

Yes, it's their Spring Seasonal. I was not particularly impressed, but I'm not a Pilsner fan. Even as such, I didn't think it was a particularly good one.

ochocinco4pres wrote:
I bought a 6 pack of Two Hearted Ale and a 6 of Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA. I have had the Two hearted Ale before and I love it. But its a tough choice between that and the dogfish head because that is one hell of an IPA.

Yes, 90 Minute is the best IPA I've ever had. 60 Minute is still really good, but 90 Minute is superb. There's a 120 Minute as well, but it's hard to find and I've never tried it.

MrDrew wrote:

gothman25

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDBrocks wrote:
Rogue Double Dead Guy Ale

Final Grade: 8.0 (would be 9 save for the cost)

Well, I know what I'll be asking for this Christmas. Very Happy

The one and only Kiltman!

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned / Nor Hell a fury like a woman scorned." -- William Congreve
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
gothman25 wrote:

Yes, it's their Spring Seasonal. I was not particularly impressed, but I'm not a Pilsner fan. Even as such, I didn't think it was a particularly good one.

ochocinco4pres wrote:

Yes, 90 Minute is the best IPA I've ever had. 60 Minute is still really good, but 90 Minute is superb. There's a 120 Minute as well, but it's hard to find and I've never tried it.

The noble Pils is good, but not great. It's a good fallback beer. I've had worse pils, but also had a lot better. Actually drinking a better one now.

120 Minute IPA is about $13 per 12oz. It's really syrupy, extremely hoppy, and high in ABV. It worth trying once, but not really something to drink regularly.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yellow Kite Summer Pils

Brewer: Bristol Brewing Company (Colorado Springs, CO)
Style: Seasonal/Pilsner
Tech:
Beer Specifications
Style: European-Style Pilsner
Color: Straw/Yellow
Body: Clean/Light
Malts: German Pilsen
Hops: German Hallertauer, Czech Saaz
Alcohol: 5.0% ABV
IBUs: (est.): 27

My Review:
Pours a light, clear, yellow, with a finger tall white head. Scent is slightly sweet, bread, light citrus, and hint of grass. Flavor is light bready malts, sweet malts, very very light grass, and light but long lasting bitter finish. Head and carbonation disappears quick. Palate is on the heavy side for a Pils, but medium overall. Barely a sign of lacing.

Good for a hot day. Less bitter than other pilsners, and the sweetness is something new for me in the style. It's definitely a summer beer. I'll enjoy finishing off the 6 while it's around 90 here.

My Score: 7.5

JDBrocks

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice write up! That was my first one above, A little over the top? I just really love that beer Laughing

Josh Ritter wrote:

Last edited by JDBrocks on Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDBrocks wrote:
Nice write up! That was my first one above? A little over the top? I just really love that beer Laughing

It was great. They best way to describe things is how you're thinking it. I was looking at the Double Dead Guy, and the imperial Pils when I was at the store. Keep wanting to try both, but usually only have the money for the 6 pack that I'm buying.

RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDBrocks wrote:
Nice write up! That was my first one above, A little over the top? I just really love that beer Laughing

No, I liked it. And if I ever see Rogue Double Dead Guy I'll remember it and pick it up if I feel like dropping $12 for a couple of beers (the only time I've ever done that was with Chimay Blue).

MrDrew wrote:

Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found an amazing bar in DC tonight...

http://www.lovethebeer.com/brickskeller.html

Tried a couple different beers, my favorite of which was Young's Double Chocolate Stout. Amazing beer, definitely a beer worth trying after a meal. One of the better beers I've ever had.

I also had a Kenyan beer which was pretty average, and Tiger beer which I'd heard about but wanted to try. I definitely can't wait to go back again.

Where you go we'll follow! Let's go USMNT!!!!
Waldo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated the front page with all the lastest reviews.

I just noticed, OMG, I haven't done Pisner Urquell yet. Gonna have to fix that this evening.

Title Town USA wrote:
Waldo was right!
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purchased some of Ole Dominion's "Dominion Ale" today along with my party supply of Busch Lights and I must say it is a very good English Ale IMO. Not a bad beer at all given that I only picked it because it was founded in Ashburn, Virginia, home of Redskins Park.

Where you go we'll follow! Let's go USMNT!!!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 73 of 100

Jump to: