Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hill is gone?...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the thing that you all are missing. We franchised Hill. That is a fact. He hadn't signed tender. Fact. He could've not signed the tender and we wouldn't have gotten him next year. Partially. Correct. We wouldn't have had to pay him, and he wouldn't have gotten to play for anyone else. It would've been a waste of a season for him. And i believe we would have been compensated as well.

That's why i really don't understand the franchise tag being removed. Now we have no power over him, or what he does.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
bigjbos

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's any consideration, Mebane will be up for an extension after this year. I'd much rather give him the money than LeRoy
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigjbos wrote:
If it's any consideration, Mebane will be up for an extension after this year. I'd much rather give him the money than LeRoy
Ahh but why not both? You can NEVER have too much young talent.

I'm out of here... This Hill deal is just pissing me off

^Rammy

BlaqOptic wrote:
bigjbos

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
bigjbos wrote:

You obviously don't understand the concept of a salary cap. This is not the MLB...
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigjbos wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
bigjbos wrote:

You obviously don't understand the concept of a salary cap. This is not the MLB...
No i do... I know it would've been difficult. But other guys could've been released to make room. Russell for one... And if we drafted a safety next year, grant. Or if we had gone OT this year, Big Walt may have retired next year.

I am just not happy with Ruskell. Not at all.

I completely understand the salary cap.

And baseball sucks btw Laughing

^Rammy

BlaqOptic wrote:
THEFOOTBALLXPRT

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Here's the thing that you all are missing. We franchised Hill. That is a fact. He hadn't signed tender. Fact. He could've not signed the tender and we wouldn't have gotten him next year. Partially. Correct. We wouldn't have had to pay him, and he wouldn't have gotten to play for anyone else. It would've been a waste of a season for him. And i believe we would have been compensated as well.

That's why i really don't understand the franchise tag being removed. Now we have no power over him, or what he does.

What they should have done is told him to feel free to negotiate a deal with other teams (ie seek a trade). If nobody was willing to give him a better deal, he'd prolly just sign ours. If they were, he could then sign our offer sheet and we could make a move with him. Even if its not a pick, there are plenty of teams looking to move veterans that could help us- Bush/Fargas, Edwards, Boldin, Rogers, Campbell, etc (not saying I want all of those, just that they are/were on the block).
SHONUFF

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Hill Reply with quote

The worlds not ending if Hill leaves, worst thing that happens is that we get a 3rd round pick compensation. Someone eluded to his injury history earlier, and it's a good point.I see Hill leaving though, someone probably will offer a monster contract.
immuhguy10

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THEFOOTBALLXPRT wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

What they should have done is told him to feel free to negotiate a deal with other teams (ie seek a trade). If nobody was willing to give him a better deal, he'd prolly just sign ours. If they were, he could then sign our offer sheet and we could make a move with him. Even if its not a pick, there are plenty of teams looking to move veterans that could help us- Bush/Fargas, Edwards, Boldin, Rogers, Campbell, etc (not saying I want all of those, just that they are/were on the block).

Agreed with this. This could be Ruskells 2nd biggest screw up.

Props to Kempes on the sig.
Almighty_AJ

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatliner wrote:
So here's what I saw happen with the whole Hill/Curry thing:

We wanted to make sure that Lofa had a high quality lineback playing next to him. At the end of the season we tried to do this by tagging Hill and offering him a pretty good deal. Hill turned us down. He continued to turn us down all the way until the draft. Then the draft came, and we still had no Hill, and since he didn't sign anything with us it would have been hard(impossible?) to trade him for any picks on draft day. So Ruskell went back to his original plan and decided to get a talented/young guy next to Lofa. This is when Curry fell in our lap, one of the most highly rated players in this draft, and we took him. Now that we have that guy next to Lofa, Ruskell isn't going to overpay for Hill. He's basically telling Hill that we don't *need* him anymore, we just want him. If he can find a better deal somewhere else, then more power to him. But if he can't, then we can still get him, maybe even for a lower price than before. Ruskell just got himself out of the corner at linebacker. We can talk all we want about how we'd rather have Hill and another guy, but the fact is we didn't have Hill on draft day, and if Hill couldn't get something worked out(or we overpaid for him) and we took somebody other than Curry, a lot of people would be pissed I bet. Now we have a good linebacker corps, a solid guy for our pick(how many people were yelling to follow the Steelers/Pats model of BPA regardless of positioon?), and we could still potenially get Hill back and then either keep him for this year and trade him next offseason, or put him on the block before the season starts and try to get somebody to overpay for him who are in a "win now" mode.

What he said.
THEFOOTBALLXPRT

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

immuhguy10 wrote:
THEFOOTBALLXPRT wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

Ah, so at least you see my point. My problem is not just that Hill is gonna be gone, but he's gonna be gone for absolutely nothing. Even if we get a 3rd round compensatory pick next year (which is still a big if) that does nothing for us this year. This will prolly be our last chance to give Walt a ring, Hass' best chance, not to mention our best chance- while we still have Walt AND Matt.
immuhguy10

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel it dude. I am still hopeful we get Hill back

Props to Kempes on the sig.
TomSimp

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hill Will be in a Hawks jersey next season dont worry

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THEFOOTBALLXPRT wrote:
immuhguy10 wrote:
THEFOOTBALLXPRT wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

Ah, so at least you see my point. My problem is not just that Hill is gonna be gone, but he's gonna be gone for absolutely nothing. Even if we get a 3rd round compensatory pick next year (which is still a big if) that does nothing for us this year. This will prolly be our last chance to give Walt a ring, Hass' best chance, not to mention our best chance- while we still have Walt AND Matt.
Exactly. And a third rounder for LeRoy Hill really isn't much compensation anyways. He's worth a second at least imo.

If Ruskell had managed to get a late first, or an early second, or a second and a fourth for Hill, and THEN he had picked Curry, I wouldn't be upset. I still like Hill a lot, but then i'd know we were getting something back for him.

^Rammy

BlaqOptic wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: