Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

University of Southern California Trojans-Official Thread II
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chillparsi1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: University of Southern California Trojans-Official Thread II Reply with quote

Webby gave me the all clear to open up a new one. Here's a link to the old one if we need anything from it:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=56849

Stone65 with the sig!
philbin5

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TE prospect Xavier Grimble is choosing between USC and Oklahoma on Friday. Historically, Oklahoma can get everyone from Grimble's High School like DeMarco Murray. This would be a huge get for the Trojans, since we'll be depleted at that position next year.
neezy007

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philbin5 wrote:
TE prospect Xavier Grimble is choosing between USC and Oklahoma on Friday. Historically, Oklahoma can get everyone from Grimble's High School like DeMarco Murray. This would be a huge get for the Trojans, since we'll be depleted at that position next year.

How many TE's does USC have???
philbin5

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neezy007 wrote:
philbin5 wrote:

Technically they have 6 with 5 on scholarship. A former OT (Thomas Herring) was moved to TE for blocking and injury purposes. 2 will graduate and one is a walk-on. That leaves 3 scholarships and 4 total for 2010. The only real good TE in 2010 will be Blake Ayles, who had surgery this off-season. The lack of quality and depth is why USC will hopefully be bringing in 2 TE's in this year's recruiting class.
JR=G.O.A.T

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randall Telfer (2010 commit), Blake Ayles and Ellison.

But it would be nice to get that kid from Vegas.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philbin5 wrote:
neezy007 wrote:
philbin5 wrote:

Technically they have 6 with 5 on scholarship. A former OT (Thomas Herring) was moved to TE for blocking and injury purposes. 2 will graduate and one is a walk-on. That leaves 3 scholarships and 4 total for 2010. The only real good TE in 2010 will be Blake Ayles, who had surgery this off-season. The lack of quality and depth is why USC will hopefully be bringing in 2 TE's in this year's recruiting class.

Alright thanks man. I am not a huge SC fan but they, along with a few other teams, including my hometown team, are one of the teams that I want to keep up with more so. That is why I have this lack of knowledge, hopefully it changes.
philbin5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xavier Grimble has officially announced he'll be a Trojan!

http://usc.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=939214
rookie

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping you USC fans could shed some more light on something for me. I'm a Jets fan so this question concerns Mark Sanchez. I just wanted to know why he couldn't beat out John David Booty to be the starter after Leinart left. This kind of concerns me because JDB isn't really doint anything in the NFL and we just drafted Sanchez 5th overall to be our future.
philbin5

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sanchez didn't beat out JDB because of the fact that JDB was older and had more experience in the Trojans system. Being the starting QB doesn't always mean you have more pro potential so don't worry about it too much, Sanchez will be fine.
davin fanatic

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philbin5 wrote:
Sanchez didn't beat out JDB because of the fact that JDB was older and had more experience in the Trojans system. Being the starting QB doesn't always mean you have more pro potential so don't worry about it too much, Sanchez will be fine.

And to add to that. JDB was highly recruited and regarded coming out of HS. I believe he is the only player to skip an entire year of HS eligibility to start early in college. It was originally believe that Leinart was just holding down the starting QB spot until JDB learned the playbook. So it's not like JDB was a scrub or anything.

Sanchez also had a bit of a gun slinger's mentality coming into college. He had all the physical tools, but the coaches had to teach him how to protect the football. The one thing Pete Carroll absolutely hates are turnovers, and JDB was a very good game manager.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davin fanatic wrote:
philbin5 wrote:

And to add to that. JDB was highly recruited and regarded coming out of HS. I believe he is the only player to skip an entire year of HS eligibility to start early in college. It was originally believe that Leinart was just holding down the starting QB spot until JDB learned the playbook. So it's not like JDB was a scrub or anything.

Sanchez also had a bit of a gun slinger's mentality coming into college. He had all the physical tools, but the coaches had to teach him how to protect the football. The one thing Pete Carroll absolutely hates are turnovers, and JDB was a very good game manager.

couldnt have said it better myself...mark sanchez has by far the better tools...john david was just more polished and gave sc the best chance to not lose with the team he had around him...being from socal....sanchez gots the best arm from sc since carson palmer
ROB GIZZLE

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philbin5 wrote:
neezy007 wrote:
philbin5 wrote:

ayles will be a stud...dude gots first round talent imo
Baydestrian

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I read somewhere that the depth chart is going to look like this.

Returning Starter

Starting Offense
QB - Aaron Corp 6'4 200, Sophomore
RB - Stafon Johnson 5'11 215, Senior
FB - Stanley Havili 6'0 225, Junior
WR - Damian Williams 6'1 190, Junior
WR - Ronald Johnson 6'1 190, Junior
TE - Anthony McCoy 6'5 255, Senior
LT - Charles Brown 6'6 295, Senior
LG - Jeff Byers 6'4 285, Senior
OC - Kristofer O'Dowd 6'5 300, Junior
RG - Alex Parsons 6'4 300, Senior
RT - Tyron Smith 6'6 270, Sophomore

Starting Defense
SDE - Armond Armstead 6'5 290, Sophomore
UT - Averell Spicer 6'2 295, Senior
NT - Christian Tupou 6'2 280, Junior
WDE - Everson Griffen 6'3 265, Junior
SLB - Malcolm Smith 6'1 225, Junior
MLB - Chris Galippo 6'2 255, Sophomore
WLB - Michael Morgan 6'4 220, Junior
CB - Shareece Wright 6'0 180, Junior
CB - Kevin Thomas 6'1 185, Senior
SS - Josh Pinkard 6'2 210, Senior
FS - Taylor Mays 6'3 235, Senior

iHUSTLE-N-GRIND ^
ROB GIZZLE

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baydestrian wrote:
Hey, I read somewhere that the depth chart is going to look like this.

Returning Starter

Starting Offense
QB - Aaron Corp 6'4 200, Sophomore
RB - Stafon Johnson 5'11 215, Senior
FB - Stanley Havili 6'0 225, Junior
WR - Damian Williams 6'1 190, Junior
WR - Ronald Johnson 6'1 190, Junior
TE - Anthony McCoy 6'5 255, Senior
LT - Charles Brown 6'6 295, Senior
LG - Jeff Byers 6'4 285, Senior
OC - Kristofer O'Dowd 6'5 300, Junior
RG - Alex Parsons 6'4 300, Senior
RT - Tyron Smith 6'6 270, Sophomore

Starting Defense
SDE - Armond Armstead 6'5 290, Sophomore
UT - Averell Spicer 6'2 295, Senior
NT - Christian Tupou 6'2 280, Junior
WDE - Everson Griffen 6'3 265, Junior
SLB - Malcolm Smith 6'1 225, Junior
MLB - Chris Galippo 6'2 255, Sophomore
WLB - Michael Morgan 6'4 220, Junior
CB - Shareece Wright 6'0 180, Junior
CB - Kevin Thomas 6'1 185, Senior
SS - Josh Pinkard 6'2 210, Senior
FS - Taylor Mays 6'3 235, Senior

corp starting,wow....no knock on corp..i just thought mustain had this one won..and i thought corps turn would be next year
thelawoffices

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mustain is basically out of the race. Corp may be the leader now, but when the season rolls around I think our QB will be Matt Barkley.

Quote:
ESPN NFL Draft analyst Mel Kiper stated he believed that in "three years Matt Barkley -- who will be a true freshman this year -- will be the No. 1 pick in the draft."

Quote:
Quarterback coach Steve Clarkson described Barkley as a cross between Joe Montana and Tom Brady.

Talent like that isn't left on the bench even if you are a true freshman.

mission27 wrote:
And she flips out like wtf I don't like that and I'm like you don't like rodents?

#JDI

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 1 of 100

Jump to: