You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What would you do with the Ravens offense?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raven5255

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: What would you do with the Ravens offense? Reply with quote

Heres what I would do...

Over the next 3-4 weeks, I slowly work Adam Terry, Jason Brown and Brian Rimpf into the lineup. For the final few games of the year, depending on how they player in the first coupel games, I would allow Terry, Brown and Rimpf to see the majority of the game action, if not give them the start. I would also start giving Jonathan Ogden some reps at RT, where he should be playing next season. Sure some might call it suicide to start a couple of rookies on the offensive line, but can it really get much worse then what it is right now? I dont think so. After a 30-3 loss to a team that hasnt scored 30 points in 58 games and a 2-7 record, the Ravens are at rock bottom. Its time for some changes.

I explain to Jamal Lewis that he will be playing a new position...the bench. 14 carries for 44 yards and he actually thinks he performed well? What game are you playing Jamal? Chester Taylor gets the start at runningback and Musa Smith and Jamal Lewis splitting carries behind him. Towards the end of the year especially, I would play Chester and Musa a lot. At thing point, Jamal Lewis' career with the Ravens is over as far as im concerned.

I would attempt to mix up the play callling a little more, the Ravens have been far too predictable all season long. There needs to be a better mix of deep passes (Heap is 6-5, Hymes is 6-3, just chuck it up to spot where its either caught or incomplete and hope for the best. atleast it keeps the D honest). I would also run from the 2 TE formation and try to change around blocking schemes to better suit Chester Taylor.

Anybody else?
sp6488

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea id air it out a little more. Were not gonna see what Kyle can do by throwing underneath routes all the time. We need to open up the offense more, the run game is not working and our def isnt good enough anymore where we can go 4 games w/o a td.
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: What would you do with the Ravens offense? Reply with quote

raven5255 wrote:
Heres what I would do...

Over the next 3-4 weeks, I slowly work Adam Terry, Jason Brown and Brian Rimpf into the lineup. For the final few games of the year, depending on how they player in the first coupel games, I would allow Terry, Brown and Rimpf to see the majority of the game action, if not give them the start. I would also start giving Jonathan Ogden some reps at RT, where he should be playing next season. Sure some might call it suicide to start a couple of rookies on the offensive line, but can it really get much worse then what it is right now? I dont think so. After a 30-3 loss to a team that hasnt scored 30 points in 58 games and a 2-7 record, the Ravens are at rock bottom. Its time for some changes.

I explain to Jamal Lewis that he will be playing a new position...the bench. 14 carries for 44 yards and he actually thinks he performed well? What game are you playing Jamal? Chester Taylor gets the start at runningback and Musa Smith and Jamal Lewis splitting carries behind him. Towards the end of the year especially, I would play Chester and Musa a lot. At thing point, Jamal Lewis' career with the Ravens is over as far as im concerned.

I would attempt to mix up the play callling a little more, the Ravens have been far too predictable all season long. There needs to be a better mix of deep passes (Heap is 6-5, Hymes is 6-3, just chuck it up to spot where its either caught or incomplete and hope for the best. atleast it keeps the D honest). I would also run from the 2 TE formation and try to change around blocking schemes to better suit Chester Taylor.

Anybody else?

what would i do?

give Kyle Boller as many chances as we can so that going into the offseason we know that we gave him his chance and we can make a run at Leinart or Brees.

Bench Jamal Lewis. The guy is a bum. I don't think i really even have to explain why. The guy is on track to have barely 800 yard this season, and just 3 yards per carry. Give Chester Taylor teh majority of the carries.

Give Jason Brown and Tony Pashos some PT. I'm not so sure about Rimpf, but these two, along with Adam Terry, deserve a shot at showing what they can do. Mike Flynn is not getting it done and even if Brown is no better at least we're getting a look at what our youngsters can do.

Give Justin Green and Musa Smith a lot of PT. both are very talented but green, Smith coming off of the injury deserves a shot at showing that he can be an NFL bruiser while Green is our FB of the future.

Look for Todd Heap in the red zone. The guy has only 2 TD's on the year. He is a premier red zone threat and has been one of only 2 bright spots on the offense, along wth Mason. give him some looks in the red zone, let him use his athleticism to win some jump balls and stop us from settling for FG's.

Sign Nick Novak. i know this is impossible, but Stover is slowing down and i want to see where we can find a kicker. Novak is a local kid who did very well in his stint with the 'Skins. i know it is absolutely impossible to do this, but if we could, i'd want it.

Give Mark Clayton a lot of looks. He has been injured most of the year, now that hes healthy lets see what he can do. He had a sure TD yesterday if Boller doesn't underthrow him, i think he can end up being a great reciever for us. After Mason and Heap, we have nobody. give the rookie some looks and lets see what we can build on going into next season.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: