Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans Draft Board
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:15 am    Post subject: Titans Draft Board Reply with quote

These are the people I think are on top of the titans draft board in order.

1. Cedric Benson

2. Derrick Johnson

3. Ronnie Brown

If Benson and Johnson are gone by the time we pick, which I doubt both will be, we will trade down to around pick 7-11 so we can get Brown or another player.
Loyalbutsadfan:saints:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure you watch the titans? You have chris brown who rushed for 1000 even before he got hurt. I can understand depth but get that in 4th to 5th rounds. I would say they would draft barron.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Brown is awesome but is as fragile as a twig. Cedric Benson has speed and power and is durable. Also we may not get a pick like this for another 5-10 years, and if we think Benson is gonna be a star then we are gonna take him. There is a guy from one of the titans message boards who work for the titans and is friends with some of the scouts. This guy says the scouts are drooling over Benson. I honestly hope we DRaft D. Johnson though.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WE WON'T DRAFT AN O-LINEMAN WITH OUR FIRST PICK!!. thank you
Loyalbutsadfan:saints:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the O LINE is solid but getting old. Why not draft a tackle that could provid protection for whatever QB you use next year. Also provide holes for Brown?

Tell me what you think
A2Wolves6

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulluckthebeast wrote:
There is a guy from one of the titans message boards who work for the titans and is friends with some of the scouts. This guy says the scouts are drooling over Benson.

Was that at www.titansonline.com ?

I was just checking that site out to see what Titan fans thought they should do with the pick. Sounds to me like the majority believe DJ is the correct choice, or Antrel Rolle. Your thoughts?
Footballs Future member #10
ChrisBrown

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the board your talking about BULLUCKTHEBEAST

Now taking Cedric Benson means that is the only player we get . Now say we take Derrick Johnson,Rolle,Williams by trading down to say 5-7 and get another 2nd rounder in the process Meaning 3 picks in the first two rounds . Cowboys or Chargers picks are not out the question .

Cedric Benson is a stud but Chris Brown is also when healthy i think they will stick with Brown and take another running back in the 3rd or 4th since the draft is deep with running backs . Chris Brown missed 4 games in College Football . The injury he suffered this year does not mean he is fragile . Instead of giving him 25-30 carries give him 15-20 he runs for 100 on that most of the time anyways

McNair is coming back like it was said before . This surgery was not needed unless you plan to comeback . With the return of him they could take the first pick on him to make him happy say benson or williams even when they are not needed .
azazaz7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've started to think that the Titans will trade down from #3. My reasoning is that Jerry Jones has said that the Cowboys are open to trade possibilities. If the Titans can get the Cowboys 1st pick of round 1 (around #10 or so) and their 2nd rounder or even their other 1st round pick (the Titans may have to give up their own 2nd rounder to get that) then they will trade down.

Assuming they get both the Cowboys 1st rounders, the Titans should draft:
1a)Alex Barron
1b)Channing Crowder

If they get the Cowboys own 1st round pick and 2nd round pick, the Titans should draft:
1)Alex Barron
2)select 2 from Michael Boley, Carlos Rogers and Charlie Frye
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt we will draft Rolle unless we trade down and he slips to us. I've heard he has some attitude problems, and the Titans don't put up with that. I don't really want to draft Benson, and I agree Brown isn't as fragile as some people say. Brown does get hurt more often than other RB's. Maybe this year was just a bad year, but it makes you think. I am positive that we won't draft an o-lineman with our first pick. Our line is not the youngest in the league, but it certainly isn't the oldest. I mean our oldest guy on the line is 32, and next year we'll have 2 starters that are under 25. I honestly hope we draft Dj with our first pick , then in the 2nd roung we'll draft a WR or RB, then in the 3rd a O-lineman or CB. AZ I think we will trade down IF DJ or Benson is gone which is unlikely they will be considering we have the 3rd pick overall and possibly the 2nd if the Browns beat the Texans.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they get the Cowboys own 1st round pick and 2nd round pick, the Titans should draft:
1)Alex Barron
2)select 2 from Michael Boley, Carlos Rogers and Charlie Frye[/quote]

AZ we won't draft Frye unless he falls to the third or fourth rounds. That also goes for almost any other QB
azazaz7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulluckthebeast - I agree with you about them not needing a QB urgently. However if McNair retires the Titans will want a new QB to compete with Volek. If they don't get any extra picks then the Titans have far bigger needs than QB and will wait until day 2 to address the position. If they do add some picks a new QB could be viewed as a luxury pick.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ Mcnair will not retire this year and he probably won't retire next year. The surgery he had on his sternum would not be necessary unless he was coming back to play football. Jeff Fisher also believes Mac9 will come back and he's said it several times to the media. If someone like Frye, Orlovsky, or J. CAmpbell fall to the 3rd or 4th rounds then we will pick them not any sooner than that though.
ChrisBrown

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

azazaz7 wrote:
I've started to think that the Titans will trade down from #3. My reasoning is that Jerry Jones has said that the Cowboys are open to trade possibilities. If the Titans can get the Cowboys 1st pick of round 1 (around #10 or so) and their 2nd rounder or even their other 1st round pick (the Titans may have to give up their own 2nd rounder to get that) then they will trade down.

Assuming they get both the Cowboys 1st rounders, the Titans should draft:
1a)Alex Barron
1b)Channing Crowder

1)Alex Barron
2)select 2 from Michael Boley, Carlos Rogers and Charlie Frye

If the Titans have the 2nd or 3rd pick the Cowboys will have to give both 1st rounders plus a 3rd or 4th rounder . The Cowboys picks keep slipping further down they are at 12th and around 20 something both picks could end up close to 20 which is not worth it for the Titans when they have the 3rd pick the value on those 2 -1st rounders if they both end up around 15-20 is not worth the 3rd overall pick . There is so many things that could play out and it all comes down to which QBS come out since that is when TEAMS will give up alot for One of the 2 top QBS even just to trade up a few slots to make sure they get there man look at Eli Manning trade . The draft cannot come soon enough cant wait to see it all unfold this year .

To me DERRICK JOHNSON should be the pick .Think about this the last LB to be drafted that high up was LAVAR ARRINGTON imagine him with BULLUCK and you get the TOP LB pair for years to come .
TIAN JACK

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject: TITANS 1ST PICK Reply with quote

I have a hard time seeing where D.J would fit in. Weak backers usually do not just slide over to the stong side. If they draft him I wouldn't mind seeing them run a 3-4 defense. Bullock and D.J on the outside and Sirmon and Calmus, Kassell on the inside, that would be great with big AL @ Nose tackle. However, I hope they trade down and get 2 first rounders this year and a 1st next year. Remember all you D.J fans Kevin Burnett and Lance Mitchell will probaly be there in the 2nd rd. It always seems like the the 1st LB taken is never the best out of the bunch. Bullock was like the #4 or#5 LB taken in 2000.
Burton

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I don't think that makes sense that the first LB taken is never the best. If that were true the first LB wouldn't be taken, those things are just coincidenses in my opinion. However, in my opinion, I think they will take Johnson (assuming they lose to detroit and stay in the same spot). Rolle is a great player, but the secondary isn't really a problem for the titans (when its healthy atleast). I think someone like Johnson would really help out the team without crowding other positions like QB and RB. Mcnair isn't going to retire, and if he does Volek will take over. Also, Brown was drafted as a replacement for George, they aren't going to replace him because he had one injury (and as it was stated before he only missed single digit games in college). I hope they don't trade down (I don't think they will because of the number of players drafted last year, the salary cap couldn't take the extra first rounders) because I doubt that the Titans will ever get this good of a pick in the draft for a very long time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: