You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs Waive WR Will Franklin; Claimed by Detroit
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the_lung

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude has size (6'2/205) and ran a 4.37 at the Combine last year.

This is a very savvy move by the Lions. Cool

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:
What makes him such a nice addition? He didn't do anything last year. I don't get why everyone is going crazy over this guy.

Even on the Eagles, he'd be training camp fodder.

There's this new fangled contraption they call "youtube". You should check it out.

I looked up anything I could on this amazing Will Franklin with the Chiefs and all I found was some pissed off Chiefs' fan's reaction to his release, and a pre-game warmup. I don't care what he did in Missouri's spread offense, show me something great he did in Kansas City. I'll be waiting. I'm sure there's lots to choose from, after his whooping 7 catches and 83 yards last year, huh?
RandUniversity

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoBruin wrote:
ryknowssd wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:
What makes him such a nice addition? He didn't do anything last year. I don't get why everyone is going crazy over this guy.

There's this new fangled contraption they call "youtube". You should check it out.

I looked up anything I could on this amazing Will Franklin with the Chiefs and all I found was some pissed off Chiefs' fan's reaction to his release, and a pre-game warmup. I don't care what he did in Missouri's spread offense, show me something great he did in Kansas City. I'll be waiting. I'm sure there's lots to choose from, after his whooping 7 catches and 83 yards last year, huh?

I think he shows some potential. I mean he is young so why not give him a shot. I don't know why you are writing him off so fast.

Here is some highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S68BjDow4NA
They took me about 2 seconds to find.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandUniversity wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:
ryknowssd wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:

I think he shows some potential. I mean he is young so why not give him a shot. I don't know why you are writing him off so fast.

Here is some highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S68BjDow4NA
They took me about 2 seconds to find.

Reading comprehension fail.

I liked Franklin coming out of Mizzou. Does he playing style not remind anyone else of Maclin?
Kia Kaha

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great work by Detroit, great pickup for them, they need to give as many weapons as they can for Stafford

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After watching that video, I am so underwhelmed with Franklin. Why is he a good pickup?

The biggest thing that stands out to me is how obviously Franklin plays scared. He looks like a cat avoiding water after he catches the ball. The first spot he looks for is out of bounds, but if that's not feasible, he just dives onto the ground. Reminds me much of that Eagles WR who abandoned the play to avoid the tackle.

He's got size and speed, but not much else going for him. At best a slot WR, but more realistically a #4 or #5 WR.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has size, speed and a decent vertical. He has returned one punt in his life in college, can't run a route to save his life, and has hands of stone, exactly what is so special about this garbage?

He wasn't even the #1 receiver on his college team Confused
BigRam13

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn!
Rams needed him more than Lions.

"McNair drops, throws right side to Dyson, he dives for the endzone... Didnt make it! He came up 1 yard short."
Da_Zou13

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jazzhands wrote:
After watching that video, I am so underwhelmed with Franklin. Why is he a good pickup?

The biggest thing that stands out to me is how obviously Franklin plays scared. He looks like a cat avoiding water after he catches the ball. The first spot he looks for is out of bounds, but if that's not feasible, he just dives onto the ground. Reminds me much of that Eagles WR who abandoned the play to avoid the tackle.

He's got size and speed, but not much else going for him. At best a slot WR, but more realistically a #4 or #5 WR.

So wait, he avaided a hit, but still made the catch? I dont see a problem here, in fact if you take a look around the league alot more WRs are starting to do that. Prime example, Marvin Harrison (a few years back he started doing it, when he was in his prime). Personally i would love to have a Marvin Harrison type.

Props to LOTO on the sig.
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoBruin wrote:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80c9104d

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80d4c6d5 - Franklin Highlights at 1:30, 4:13 (this game broke my heart...and yes, I know...D-Bo & Thigpen are monsters)

Those are two videos that show how much ridiculous potential he has in this league. There were two reasons he only had 7 catches this year...he was nursing a nagging injury for the first half of the season...and he was apparently struggling with drops in practice. I only saw him drop one ball in a game, though. Whoever said he avoids contact needs to watch the 2nd video. The dude gave it his all last year for us every time he got the ball in his hands, he's a great blocker, has incredible speed for a guy his size and he's a hard worker. Yes, he needs to improve his occasional drops and his learning disability is a little concerning. But, he certainly showed a ton of potential in the little amount of playing time he got last year. That's why this is such a good signing by the Lions. It carries absolutely no risk and has the potential to be a HUGE reward. Why NOT sign him, given how little he's scheduled to make this year?

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
twslhs20

Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80c9104d

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80d4c6d5 - Franklin Highlights at 1:30, 4:13 (this game broke my heart...and yes, I know...D-Bo & Thigpen are monsters)

Those are two videos that show how much ridiculous potential he has in this league. There were two reasons he only had 7 catches this year...he was nursing a nagging injury for the first half of the season...and he was apparently struggling with drops in practice. I only saw him drop one ball in a game, though. Whoever said he avoids contact needs to watch the 2nd video. The dude gave it his all last year for us every time he got the ball in his hands, he's a great blocker, has incredible speed for a guy his size and he's a hard worker. Yes, he needs to improve his occasional drops and his learning disability is a little concerning. But, he certainly showed a ton of potential in the little amount of playing time he got last year. That's why this is such a good signing by the Lions. It carries absolutely no risk and has the potential to be a HUGE reward. Why NOT sign him, given how little he's scheduled to make this year?

Can we still trade for Thiggy?

Joe_is_the_best ^^

BWG VIKE wrote:
Teddy needs a Snickers, he looks like Ponder when he is hungry
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its amazing some people call him garbage, forgetting that he can be coached. His size and speed gives him POTENTIAL. He can be coached to run routes better, and he can work on his catching abilities. If he doesnt workout, who cares? Its not like the Lions are paying him 10 million a year.
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SadLionFan00 wrote:
Its amazing some people call him garbage, forgetting that he can be coached. His size and speed gives him POTENTIAL. He can be coached to run routes better, and he can work on his catching abilities. If he doesnt workout, who cares? Its not like the Lions are paying him 10 million a year.

Certainly he has potential, but everyone is acting as though he is the second coming of Jerry Rice, and I just don't get it.
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twslhs20 wrote:
Can we still trade for Thiggy?

LOL, sure. I'd rather see him compete in camp and beat out Cassel, but your 2nd rounder would certainly get the job done! Wink

Laughing

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
getdawkback2009

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles were intersted and I wish they got him. Evil or Very Mad

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: