Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

SKINS NEED TO....
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goskins

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: SKINS NEED TO.... Reply with quote

1 cut/ trade - Mike Barrow, Brunnel- trade (maybe Arizona- i think their looking for a vetern QB) raybrown- retired
1 person to cut - Kozlowski
vaugn parker
wynn
Blknite01

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt anybody will take brunell in a trade un less he seriously cuts his salary, and even if they did it would be for a 7th pick if we are lucky. But even if we did we will still take some cap hit and it wouldn't even be worth it.
ctj0215

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobody would take brunnel even for the league minimum. He is done. HE will never play again. We will cut him next year when his cap hit is less and he will never play in the NFL again. This is contingent on Ramsey staying healthy and Brunnel not all-of-a-sudden coming back and not completely sucking.

I'd be fine cutting wynn and Kozlowski.

Brown should retire although he siad he is going to play and I am sure that gibbs will bring him back if he wants to.

We should hire a guy to pump these guys with propoganda and convince them to retire.

that being said, brown isnt too expensive and he would be a good backup.
avbanig

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with everything he says but the Brunell thing, that isn't going to happen. We have to trade Gardner, and we have rework Brunell's deal, but we can't cut him or trade him it won't happen. We have to rework Smauels deal as well, cut Wynn, Barrow, Haley, hope to resign Smoot, if not franchise him, cut or trade McCants, and I want Ray Brown back, he can be a good back up, he can play either Guard position or either Tackle position, we need someone like that we can rely on!!

There is a reason why we got Brunnel so easily, we overpaid for him, no other team was going to put up that kind of $ for Brunel and no other team would be stupid enough to give up a 3rd round pick as well, only Vinny and Snyder could have pulled off such a great deal for us!

I still think the Portis deal was a bad deal as well....
tell me again why we had to give up arguably the best corner in the game, and a 2nd round pick, to get a good, but still young and proving himself running back!

These guys are the worst run organization when it comes to football decisions in the NFL!
ctj0215

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree... but I will force myslef to support the CP decision. I would have prefered getting deuce for less and not losing champ. Oh well. I want our old GMs back. I'm tired of snyder giving me coronary embalisms (sp?).
avbanig

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too, I would love to have Casserly back, he's the reason we got Samules and Arrington in the 2000 draft!
e16bball

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...i dont really mind the portis trade at all, in fact i think if portis gets on the same page as the o-line, its a steal for us

champ had a very tough season this year with the new restrictions in place and got straight torched in several games...also i dont think anyone can argue with the performance of smoot and springs this year, so we didnt really lose much at the CB spot...i wish we hadnt thrown the 2nd rounder in there, but c'est la vie...

also, we wouldnt have been able to resign champ at all, so that is important to remember...everyone is on edge for them to trade smoot this year, but the fact is, the same situation existed with champ last year, champ was just quiet about it...champ wouldnt have been a redskin this year regardless of whether we had traded him...if you look at it that way, we traded a 2nd rounder and a good deal of cap space for portis...and i cant imagine anyone arguing too hard with that...clinton is only 23 and he already has 3 1300+ yard seasons under his belt...AND he can only get better in this offense...so i dont think it was that bad a trade at all
avbanig

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2 pick killed us, that's a guy who would probably be a starter on our team this year or next year, along with the #3 pick we gave away for Brunell, and the #2 pick we lost to the Saints this year!

Man I don't know about you, but that is 3 players that should be on our team, and instead we have 1, I don't know if Clinton Portis and Mark Brunnel are worth that much!

We need young depth, and we are just trading it away in order to get bigger names on our team so that we will be able to market the team better, its sad but that's what Snyder is doing!!
e16bball

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the number two that we gave away was to get chris cooley, so there is something else we have on our roster due to last year's offseason...

i dont really agree that snyder is simply going after big names...obviously brunell was the worst FA signing in many years...and trading a 3rd rounder hurt horribly...but i think we have some good young depth...

i mean last year we got two young o-linemen in the late rounds for bugel to start developing...our defense showed its great depth with guys like pierce, marshall, clemons, warner, evans, boschetti, lott, clark, wilds, etc etc stepping up to play some big time roles, not to mention the most exciting defensive player in the league, #36...on offense we have a good young QB, a great young HB with a solid young backup, some decent WR depth...we could use good young players coming in at WR, OL (especially C) DE, and possibly CB if smoot leaves...but that is attainable and then the skins are one of the deepest young teams in the league with room to grow...and i think gibbs, danny, and co understand that
avbanig

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's true we do have Cooley, but still I don't know why we had to make that trade in order to move up to get Cooley. I think Cooley would have been available if we had stayed put...maybe not though, so I understand why they made the trade, but did it have to be our second round pick, I mean couldn't it have been a 3rd or 4th, its not like we moved up 10 spots in the second round we moved up in the 3rd, I don't know even that move didn't make sense to me then, and it still doesn't today. I'd like to have Cooley and that 2nd round pick back, so we could draft either a CB if smoot jets, a DL, or a wr depending on what we do in the first round.

And I agree with everything else you said, we do have alot of young depth, but we must keep it, players that performed for us last year on D, we must resign them...and that has to be a priority even over getting a Pass rushing DE or a big name WR to come in here. We must at least keep what we have.

And I hope Snyder, Cerrato, Gibbs and company do realize this, and continue to build on what we started last year, because I think we are well on our way to being a playoff team. Just please, please no more draft picks for players, and don't trade future draft pics either, its ruinning our franchise!!
goskins

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: EXACTLY WHAT WE NEED Reply with quote

in order
1 WR
2 Center
3 Defensive End
4 a good blocking tight end
5 cb(if smoot leaves)

walt harris actually was a 1 rnd pick

and next season the skins will have the most unstopable D
at linebackers all pro bowl material
lavar AP washington
avbanig

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need a DE more than a C, but basically I agree with everything you said "go skins". A pass rushing DE, is something the skins have been lacking since the days of Mann and Manley, I guess we had Bruce Smith and Marco Coleman for a while, but they weren't young bucs when we had them. We all know Smith only played when he wanted to...

WE absolutely need to draft a young defensive lineman, if one of those top 2 widereceivers Williams or Edwards aren't still available, we have to draft a DE, or think about trading down to get more picks, but still draft a De no matter where we drop too.

Think about it.. the only DE we've tried to draft in the past 10 years is Kenard Lang, we always try to pick up these guys who are usually run down by the time we get them in Free Agency, I say we draft a young DL for once.

We need that kind of impact off the edge, every year its a wide out or a RB, or a Te, or Ol, you know anything but our need.. I know we took taylor last year and that was a great pick... but this year we need to draft what we need...

We can definelty pick up a center in FA, or if we trade down, we can get a center with a later pick!!
avbanig

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centers and guards are usually 4th round picks or later than that, for some reason its always been that way. I mean look we got Dockery with a 3rd round pick. We can always get those guys later, the top center Ben Wilkerson, might be taken in the second round this year, but it will probably be late second to early 3rd so we could draft Wilkerson, or if we miss on him we could get Carter from OK in the 3rd for sure!
Redskins

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can't afford to take a C very high. A DE and WR are more neccessary than C.
riggensghost

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first shot at this, here is what the redskins need to do:
Go after the following Free Agents:
Bubba Franks-Catch and Blocking TE opens up more for Ramsey and for Cooley (he is now a red zone cover target for defenses)
Ben Hamilton (Center/Guard) from Denver UFA 26yrs old Solid Lineman, replaces the overpriced raymer
Ryan Diem (Guard/Tackle) from Indy UFA demotes Docherty to backup
Take a shot at Lucas (CB Seattle)/Dyson (CB Titans) if someone pays franchise for Smoot and we get the 1st and 3rd round picks
Take a shot at Abraham (prob too much $) or Okeafor UFA Seattle
Maybe grab Adrian Wilson (CB UFA Cardinals) and move him from CB back to SS to compliment Taylor and Bowen (never a big bowen fan)

Its a pretty big shopping list but Franks, Diem and Hamilton would immensly improve the Line and add a lot of young talent to help our offense. Use the draft picks to go after a WR for Coles. FA Plax is a bigtime playmaker that wants to be the #1 guy and doesn't seem to fit personality (& injuries) wise with the new blue collar redskins

Redo Samuels / Brunnells deals
Release Wynn/Barrow/Morton/Parker/Friedman/Kozlowski/Raymer/Royal
Trade Gardner-2nd rounder
Haven't looked at what the Cap hit would be for the mass releases but all those folks are overpaid and underperformed (Dan Snyders trademark)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: