You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns to trade QB Brady Quinn for a first round or more
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Panthers11

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eaglesfan10 wrote:
AddiX wrote:
Quinn was so overhyped that people still have this idea that he is some future pro bowl QB. There is a reason Quinn "dropped" so far and had it not been for playing for ND under Weis and being a superstar before he even got into the league he would of continued to drop.

Plus, I've seen pictures of him touching another mans penis. That's not cool.

Ummmm.. Embarassed Embarassed

Ya what does that have to do with anything...? Confused

JF16 Forever
InTressleWeTrst

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoomsDayD75 wrote:
InTressleWeTrst wrote:
Illmatic74 wrote:
Brady Quinn has proven nothing as a QB in the NFL

if he lit the wordld on fire those 3 games, people would still be saying, "it was only 3 games"

why did matt schaub get two second round picks after playing in a handful of games and throwing 6 picks and 6 tds?

DoomsDayD75 wrote:

Because Browns fans have man-crushes on Brady Quinn, due to the fact that he grew up in Ohio and there are pictures of him in Bernie Kosar jerseys.

close

but you forgot to mention his hair

the person that asked the question, and you, have you watched a couple of games of DA?

or just looked at the statsheet for the season where he played the last half of it by throwing 12 tds and 11 picks, after throwing for like 10 touchdowns vs the Bengals, and i think 7 or 8 more vs 3 of the top 10 teams in the draft that year?

da is a awful qb

we don't know what we have in quinn, but we do know what we have in da, and that is why we all want quinn to play

Yeah I watched the Browns '07 season because I was rooting for them to fail, as a Cowboys fan. I ended up moving to Cleveland and watched most of their games and all of the Quinn games except Houston. I turned it to the Houston game once and he had just thrown one of the worst picks I've ever seen, straight into Mario Williams chest I believe. Also watched him closely in preseason along with the rest of Cleveland. Saw some of his college games.

Anyways, he doesn't seem to have much accuracy on his deep balls. The only passes he completed were slant passes and dump offs. I watched a lot of David Carr in Houston and Quinn sort of reminds me of him. Either the first read is open or it's going to be an incomplete or a sack. I don't see him as becoming more than a game manager type - at best.

He also seems to have some kind of "hometown hero" thing which I feel is undeserved and silly. I talked to many, many Cleveland fans who thought he was the greatest, basically because of his upbringing. It's also kind of ironic considering their real hometown hero plays for the Steelers.

I think a DA/Crabtree/Brown lineup would be a lot better than Quinn/Edwards/Lewis. That's just my opinion though.

Quinn only played vs San Fran in 07

and this is laughable, the guy doesn't even have 5 career starts

do you realize how ridiculous this is?

mistakebytehlak wrote:

no one will break the bonds of ITWT and I's e-love.
DoomsDayD75

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

InTressleWeTrst wrote:
DoomsDayD75 wrote:
InTressleWeTrst wrote:
Illmatic74 wrote:

if he lit the wordld on fire those 3 games, people would still be saying, "it was only 3 games"

why did matt schaub get two second round picks after playing in a handful of games and throwing 6 picks and 6 tds?

DoomsDayD75 wrote:

Because Browns fans have man-crushes on Brady Quinn, due to the fact that he grew up in Ohio and there are pictures of him in Bernie Kosar jerseys.

close

the person that asked the question, and you, have you watched a couple of games of DA?

or just looked at the statsheet for the season where he played the last half of it by throwing 12 tds and 11 picks, after throwing for like 10 touchdowns vs the Bengals, and i think 7 or 8 more vs 3 of the top 10 teams in the draft that year?

da is a awful qb

we don't know what we have in quinn, but we do know what we have in da, and that is why we all want quinn to play

Yeah I watched the Browns '07 season because I was rooting for them to fail, as a Cowboys fan. I ended up moving to Cleveland and watched most of their games and all of the Quinn games except Houston. I turned it to the Houston game once and he had just thrown one of the worst picks I've ever seen, straight into Mario Williams chest I believe. Also watched him closely in preseason along with the rest of Cleveland. Saw some of his college games.

Anyways, he doesn't seem to have much accuracy on his deep balls. The only passes he completed were slant passes and dump offs. I watched a lot of David Carr in Houston and Quinn sort of reminds me of him. Either the first read is open or it's going to be an incomplete or a sack. I don't see him as becoming more than a game manager type - at best.

He also seems to have some kind of "hometown hero" thing which I feel is undeserved and silly. I talked to many, many Cleveland fans who thought he was the greatest, basically because of his upbringing. It's also kind of ironic considering their real hometown hero plays for the Steelers.

I think a DA/Crabtree/Brown lineup would be a lot better than Quinn/Edwards/Lewis. That's just my opinion though.

I watched that entire miserable '08 season as well.

I didn't like him in college when Cowboys fans were clamoring for him. And I still don't. That would be a much better team if you had Felix Jones instead of Brady Quinn, IMO.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoomsDayD75 wrote:
InTressleWeTrst wrote:
DoomsDayD75 wrote:
InTressleWeTrst wrote:
Illmatic74 wrote:

DoomsDayD75 wrote:

close

da is a awful qb

I didn't like him in college when Cowboys fans were clamoring for him. And I still don't. That would be a much better team if you had Felix Jones instead of Brady Quinn, IMO.

Considering Quinn hasnt even been given a real chance, you cant say that.

Im not a huge Quinn fan either, and I agree with alot of what you have to say. But its still way too early to judge Quinn. Id like to see Quinn to go to a team with a competent coaching staff. He may be doomed to fail in Cleveland, especially if they trade away Edwards.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoomsDayD75 wrote:

I'm assuming DA would still be leading the offense in this case? If so, then odds are we wouldn't be a better football team. Personally, I figure might as well see what you have with Quinn and if he doesn't look so good dump him for whatever you can get. If Matt Schaub and AJ Feely get traded for 2nd round picks, I don't see why Quinn coming off a lackluster season in 2009 won't get a 3rd if Mangini decides that Jevan Snead is the man for him.

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AddiX wrote:
Plus, I've seen pictures of him touching another mans penis. That's not cool.

this isn't going to fly in the NFL News forum, guys.

we discuss real news here, not junk like this, and not just the typical fan rivalry stuff back and forth like many other posts here.

let's up our game.

Everson Griffen: We can be special. But its up to us.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: