You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns to trade QB Brady Quinn for a first round or more
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo-Raider wrote:
Illmatic74 wrote:
If a 5th round pick in 3 starts put up 518 yards 2 tds 2ints 50.6% 66.6 QB rating and a 5.82ypa is then put on the trade market the next year does anyone even care? Brady Quinn's value is based entirley on his college production he hasn't done anything that would justify trading a first round pick for him.

Think about it this way if Jamarcus Russel or Trent Edwards somehow end up on the market do you trade a first for either of them? I will take it a step foward if the Chiefs put Tyler Thigpen on the market does anyone offer a first for him? Because those 3 have all shown more so far than Brady Quinn.

When it comes to QBs, potential is all.

Schaub starts 2 games in 3 years, throws 6 TDs and 6 Ints then gets traded for two 2nd rounders.

Brady Quinn is easily worth a 1st rounder. With 2 years of NFL experience (regardless of how many games he may have played) he is far better equipped than any rookie to contribute straightaway.

If I'm the Jets or Vikings Quinn looks much better to me than a QB in the 1st round (especially since they're all coming out early). The guy played 4 years at Notre Dame and spent 2 years in the NFL.

Meanwhile the 1st rounder are all Juniors who may not be ready to lead a team for a couple of years.

Agreed. A QB who has been in the NFL and has not played much is roughly worth what he was chosen at, and in BQ's case, a 1st round pick. Albeit it maybe a later 1st round pick and not a top 10, but still a first round pick. He should be looked at as on the same level as any other inexperienced QB coming out of college. Just like Troy Smith, I wouldn't bet that he'd gain more than a 5th round pick like he was at this point. BQ was taken with a 1st round pick before he had any NFL experience. He's had a little now but has not shown he's a bust/stud, and therefore his value has not increased/decreased.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
the magnet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So let me get this straight:

A qb who has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in his 2 years except getting injured after playing one game is worth a first round pick + more. It took one and a hlaf years for him to pass up Charlie Frye and Derek Anderson on the depth chart.

One decent game against the worst defense in the league and one horrible one against an average defense doesn't excite me much. I've always thought Quinn was overrated, and I wouldn't give up more than a third for him. If a team gives up a pick higher than number 22 (where he was drafted), their gm is a total idiot.
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the magnet wrote:

A qb who has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in his 2 years except getting injured after playing one game is worth a first round pick + more. It took one and a hlaf years for him to pass up Charlie Frye and Derek Anderson on the depth chart.

One decent game against the worst defense in the league and one horrible one against an average defense doesn't excite me much. I've always thought Quinn was overrated, and I wouldn't give up more than a third for him. If a team gives up a pick higher than number 22 (where he was drafted), their gm is a total idiot.

I think it all comes down to what you think the guy's potential is. Obviously, he hasn't proven himself on the field yet, but a year ago, the same thing could have been said about Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay. That three years he got to ride the pine really helped him. He hadn't proven anything either, but he ended up playing pretty well last year.

As for Quinn, I don't know a lot about him, but as a Vikings fan I would MUCH rather gamble our first round pick (#22) on him than on a guy like Sanchez in this year's draft. Sanchez has only started 14 games in college, so in my mind, you know even less about his ability to make the transition to the NFL.

If the Vikings were able to trade pick #22 for Brady Quinn I'd be elated. I do know that he is a hard worker, and he broke just about every passing record while he was at Notre Dame. He's a lot better than what the Vikings have right now, and there is every chance that he is better than any QB coming out in this year's draft too.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the Lions trade their 20 + w/e for quinn he would be a perfect fit then the Lions can grab that franchise LT with their first overall.
DawgX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the magnet wrote:

I don't know what's so hard to understand.

Quinn was taken in the late first round, so that's where his value should be. He hasn't proven that he's a great quarterback but he hasn't proven that he's not great either. Quinn's at least got a little bit of NFL experience, unlike Stafford, Sanchez or Freeman. Plus, like I said before, besides arguably Stafford, Quinn is much more polished coming out of college than Sanchez and Freeman... so that only increases his value.
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:
the magnet wrote:

I don't know what's so hard to understand.

Quinn was taken in the late first round, so that's where his value should be. He hasn't proven that he's a great quarterback but he hasn't proven that he's not great either. Quinn's at least got a little bit of NFL experience, unlike Stafford, Sanchez or Freeman. Plus, like I said before, besides arguably Stafford, Quinn is much more polished coming out of college than Sanchez and Freeman... so that only increases his value.

BINGO! (OMG! Im agreeing with a Browns fan?! Shocked... jk Wink)

I don't see how Quinn isn't worth it. I wouldn't trust the judgement of the Browns FO on if Quinn is of any good value as a player or not
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get how Quinn is worth a pick higher than he was picked in the draft. When he did play last season, he looked horrible and his stats were horrible as well. Personally, I don't think he can succeed in the NFL. He's severely overrated.

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
PSN: KDubBallin
RickyG

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
I don't get how Quinn is worth a pick higher than he was picked in the draft. When he did play last season, he looked horrible and his stats were horrible as well. Personally, I don't think he can succeed in the NFL. He's severely overrated.

To some teams a QB with 2 years of NFL experience, but loads of potential, makes him worth more than what he was 2 years ago.

Coaches have the "I can make it work" mentality when they see his work ethic and ability.
TEG

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked
DawgX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:

You have to remember he was playing with a broken finger, so that's obviously going to affect how he throws the ball, and thus, his stats will look worse.

But he looked horrible in the Denver game? I know Denver's defense was awful but the point of the matter is, he didn't look awful by any means for a player making his first start in the NFL.
Purple-Pride07

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:
What teams I wonder?

The Broncos will certainly surface as one of the teams. Quinn is a product of the Belichick system and our coach, Josh McDaniels, is a disciple of Belichick. I seriously doubt that McDaniels really believes Kyle Orton is the answer. It makes too much sense.

Brady Quinn is yet to be anyones product.
He has all the tools in the world to be a down right great NFL QB, but it has little to do with coming from a Belichick system..

"When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality."
--Joe Paterno.
BayArea07

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purple-Pride07 wrote:
Kevin wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:
What teams I wonder?

The Broncos will certainly surface as one of the teams. Quinn is a product of the Belichick system and our coach, Josh McDaniels, is a disciple of Belichick. I seriously doubt that McDaniels really believes Kyle Orton is the answer. It makes too much sense.

He has all the tools in the world to be a down right great NFL QB, but it has little to do with coming from a Belichick system..

What "tools" are you talking about.....?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayArea07 wrote:
Purple-Pride07 wrote:
Kevin wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:
What teams I wonder?

What "tools" are you talking about.....?
Poor downfield accuracy and happy feet
kparty69

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:

You have to remember he was playing with a broken finger, so that's obviously going to affect how he throws the ball, and thus, his stats will look worse.

But he looked horrible in the Denver game? I know Denver's defense was awful but the point of the matter is, he didn't look awful by any means for a player making his first start in the NFL.

If you think Quinn is bad then go watch some film on him. He played very well given the circumstances. First, he has only played 3 games and did good considering what he had. Second, he was injured 2 of those games. Third, have you seen his receivers? His best 2 were Butterfingers Braylon and The Oft Injured Winslow. Donte Stallworth and Joe Jerevicious(?) were both out with injuries and his other receivers were 3rd stringers at best.
Illmatic74

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kparty69 wrote:
DawgX wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:

If you think Quinn is bad then go watch some film on him. He played very well given the circumstances. First, he has only played 3 games and did good considering what he had. Second, he was injured 2 of those games. Third, have you seen his receivers? His best 2 were Butterfingers Braylon and The Oft Injured Winslow. Donte Stallworth and Joe Jerevicious(?) were both out with injuries and his other receivers were 3rd stringers at best.
How come people use those excuses for Quinn but call Anderson a one year wonder? Derek Anderson also the starter of their biggest win of the season(NYG).

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: