You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets visit with WR Miles Austin, will make contract offer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Double Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
Double Agent wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
So you guys honestly think that Brian Robiskie, Derrick Wiliams, Jaquin Iglesias, Louis Murphy, and Brandon Tate are all better than Austin? Because those are the WRs who will most likely be taken in the second round, and I can't see how any of them are better than Austin is. Again, too much of an emphasis on draft picks on this site.

Why are you acting like Austin is a proven WR?

Why are you acting like he won't contribute more than any other second round WRs? He has a second round price tag, and out of those WRs in the second round, including himself, I see him having the most success. Why is that not to say he isn't worth the pick then?

I'm not. But for you to say you can't see how any of those 2nd round guys in the draft this year could be better than him is a bit strange to me. He hasn't proven anything more than they have, which is why I think Lance Moore is easily the best option for the Jets to go after.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double Agent wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
Double Agent wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
So you guys honestly think that Brian Robiskie, Derrick Wiliams, Jaquin Iglesias, Louis Murphy, and Brandon Tate are all better than Austin? Because those are the WRs who will most likely be taken in the second round, and I can't see how any of them are better than Austin is. Again, too much of an emphasis on draft picks on this site.

Why are you acting like he won't contribute more than any other second round WRs? He has a second round price tag, and out of those WRs in the second round, including himself, I see him having the most success. Why is that not to say he isn't worth the pick then?

I'm not. But for you to say you can't see how any of those 2nd round guys in the draft this year could be better than him is a bit strange to me. He hasn't proven anything more than they have, which is why I think Lance Moore is easily the best option for the Jets to go after.

Maybe Rex see's something in Miles Austine then he does in Lance Moore?

^^^Epic Sig, By The Greatest Sig Maker. THE SICKNESS!!!
Bill Cowher for head coach!
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double Agent wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
Double Agent wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:

He's proven he can play and make big catches in a reserve role, something more than any rookie has proven so far.

I think why we aren't going after Moore is because of the fact that he isn't a tall guy. We don't need another small WR, we need a big guy. I think that is why we are interested in the 6-3 216 lb. Austin. We have a smaller speed guy in Clowney on our roster already, so I can see why our FO wouldn't want to go after another one like Moore. Austin also is pretty fast for his size as well, so that's another plus for him.
dcowboy7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pft says the jets will not be making an offer.
thesickness89

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we get a 2nd for Austin, that would be highway robbery. He has shown potential, but he isnt really worth a 2nd round pick yet. I wouldnt trade anything higher than a 4th for him at this point. He has what, 18 catches over the 3 years? With only about 3 or 4 Impact plays. He has speed, and some cowboys fans here are in love with the guy, but I just dont see it, Slot ceiling at best

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: