Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jags get Holt!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PAtexansFAN99

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Jags get Holt!! Reply with quote

I'm kinda worried about it. Hopefully he retires soon Laughing Crying or Very sad .

LORK88
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better than "Titans get Holt!"
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
Houston_texan9

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
Better than "Titans get Holt!"

lol very true, that would mean they have a legit threat at WR, omg apocolypse!!
Grasspike

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not worried. With that O-line, Garrard won't have time to throw it deep.

They have big issues that won't be healed with this signing. Their run D is mediocre, their pass rush is no good, their safeties are inexperienced, their O-line is horrible, and their coach isn't really any good. All they've done to fix this is sign two old guys that MIGHT have another 1-2 years in them. And this doesn't even mention how their franchise leading rusher just left and they ended last year with serious chemistry issues. They better have a heckuva draft, or Del Rio's seat will get mighty hot...

Sig by matthouston91
HoustonAggie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't really matter. As much as I like Holt going to the Jags is the worst move he could have made. Their OL is pitiful, and now opposing teams can double on him since he is the only reliable option they have as a receiver. Good luck in Jacksonville Torry.

Andre Johnson stat tracker: 90 Rec 1,433 Yds 8 TD
PAtexansFAN99

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HoustonAggie wrote:
It doesn't really matter. As much as I like Holt going to the Jags is the worst move he could have made. Their OL is pitiful, and now opposing teams can double on him since he is the only reliable option they have as a receiver. Good luck in Jacksonville Torry.

I don't know, I think they could be pretty dangerous. They outscored us last season without him.

I think if they add a guy like Sanchez (who I think will go in a surprise pick at #2 to the Rams, but if not than he'll be a Jag) then this offense could start looking pretty dangerous.

Sanchez, MJD, Holt...

The O line isn't that miserable, especially since they just added Tra Thomas.

I think there's something there.

LORK88
amazingandre

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused There oline was banged up last season. It should be much better this season.....I think this made the division a tad more difficult
HoustonAggie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAtexansFAN99 wrote:
HoustonAggie wrote:

I don't know, I think they could be pretty dangerous. They outscored us last season without him.

I think if they add a guy like Sanchez (who I think will go in a surprise pick at #2 to the Rams, but if not than he'll be a Jag) then this offense could start looking pretty dangerous.

Sanchez, MJD, Holt...

I don;t think Sanchez will be avilable when they pick. My best bet is that they take Maclin which will make their WR corp more dangerous.
That's the only way I can see the Jags being tough.

PAtexansFAN99

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HoustonAggie wrote:
PAtexansFAN99 wrote:
HoustonAggie wrote:

Sanchez, MJD, Holt...

I don;t think Sanchez will be avilable when they pick. My best bet is that they take Maclin which will make their WR corp more dangerous.

I definitely think they won't go WR anymore, unless Crab is there.

I'm expecting them to make a pick along the lines of Andre Smith, Mark Sanchez, BJ Raji, Josh Freeman, Chris Wells...

Hell, they are in a very very flexible position right now.

LORK88
HoustonAggie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAtexansFAN99 wrote:
HoustonAggie wrote:
PAtexansFAN99 wrote:
HoustonAggie wrote:

Sanchez, MJD, Holt...

I definitely think they won't go WR anymore, unless Crab is there.

I'm expecting them to make a pick along the lines of Andre Smith, Mark Sanchez, BJ Raji, Josh Freeman, Chris Wells...

Hell, they are in a very very flexible position right now.

They could still go Maclin is the Raiders do not take him. I think Crabs will be picked by the Browns since they totally need a receiver if Edwards is gone.

Only 5 more days till we see for our self. I can't wait.

joefilm2007

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've always liked torry holt and the way he plays. hopefully, when we play the jags, he will have a couple of off games.

i do agree with what some of you have said: their o-line isn't very good right now. you need blocking (ask david carr).
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm expecting the Jags to trade down, they're in the prime position for any team that wants Sanchez and they'll probably get alot for #8.

The fact that the Jags signed Holt and that WR will probably be addressed early by both Tenn, and Indy makes me think that we need to improve our secondary all the more. Our secondary was our biggest weakness last year and the fact that our divisional competition will be adding new WR's makes me think that we now have an even greater need for CB and S.

Last edited by Wolf6151 on Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
kenney

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping very badly that Holt would sign somewhere BESIDES TEN or JAX. Why couldn't he go to Chicago?
texans_uk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf6151 wrote:
I'm expecting the Jags to trade down, they're in the prime position for any team that wants Sanchez and they'll probably get alot for #8.

+1

Solid move for the Jags, i think if Sanchez falls to them they will have very busy phones with people trying to move above SF to pick up Sanchez.

I think its a really good move for the Jags, no so much for Holt, I would have gone to Chicago

Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, a rare good move by the Jags FO. I think the aspect that is being underplayed is them losing Fred Taylor. MJD is a change of pace back which doesn't mean much if there isn't a pace to change. For all the hype around this guy (which is driven by his TD totals in fantasy leagues) he has never rushed for 1,000 yards and his ypc has slipped every year in the league, down to a pedestrian 4.2 ypc last year. I've always thought he most dangerous out in the flat and as an every down back this is not as much of an option.

I called Garrard as completely overrated last year and was dead on as he settled right back into his 80 QB rating territory once asked to throw something besides dump offs to MJD. Garrard throwing downfield is a good thing for defenses even with Torry Holt down there. I don't think the Jags will repeat last years uninspired performance as Del Rio can get them to play every other year, but I also think they missed their window of opportunity in 07 and it will take them quite a while to get back.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: