Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Texans Nation Awards Show [FINISHED!]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pledger_shaggy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes conratulations to you all you opinons are very respected in this forum and the awards are very well deserved

Big ups to Lork 88 on the Sig...AFC South Champion Houston Texans!
Marco79

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to everyone who won! Applause
Jaytrajik

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahem, <adjusts microphone on podium>

First & foremost, I like to accept this award on behalf of the entire Texans Nation; the most well rounded collection of fans I've ever come across in my 3+ decades of football. This isn't just a bunch of fans patronizing their team but a brotherhood of knowledgeable guys who know the ins & outs of their craft, bringing fresh perspectives to the table that represent the cold hard facts.

I can vouch that we are one of the most unbiased collective groups on the net and never have a problem speaking our minds whether it be good or bad. I purposely did not participate in this selection process because I honestly felt that each and every poster brings a valued opinion to the table and to differentiate between you guys was near impossible.

Thanks to D59 for keeping his foot on the throttle and getting this thing done and know that I would go to bat for each & every one of you in a heartbeat ... because well, that's what brothers do.

Strap on your armor guys because we're locked & loaded and this year we're droppin' napalm on the rest of the league. This one's for TEXANS NATION.

life is one huge game that infinite awareness has with itself
texansfan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytrajik wrote:
Ahem, <adjusts microphone on podium>

First & foremost, I like to accept this award on behalf of the entire Texans Nation; the most well rounded collection of fans I've ever come across in my 3+ decades of football. This isn't just a bunch of fans patronizing their team but a brotherhood of knowledgeable guys who know the ins & outs of their craft, bringing fresh perspectives to the table that represent the cold hard facts.

I can vouch that we are one of the most unbiased collective groups on the net and never have a problem speaking our minds whether it be good or bad. I purposely did not participate in this selection process because I honestly felt that each and every poster brings a valued opinion to the table and to differentiate between you guys was near impossible.

Thanks to D59 for keeping his foot on the throttle and getting this thing done and know that I would go to bat for each & every one of you in a heartbeat ... because well, that's what brothers do.

Strap on your armor guys because we're locked & loaded and this year we're droppin' napalm on the rest of the league. This one's for TEXANS NATION.

Congrats on the award, Jay. You've been one of the best posters on this board since you came on, and it's terrific that you are being acknowledged for it by fellow posters. Very deserving of the award.
HoustonAggie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to everyone who got an award today.

Andre Johnson stat tracker: 90 Rec 1,433 Yds 8 TD
biggio7

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to everybody who won awards. That was a really good idea adding the sigs to it.

Adopt a Texan: Mr. Kareem Jackson
FFBB; Suule o nerte!
Grasspike

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, a huge thanks to everyone who voted for me, I really didn't expect it. And thanks to secret balloting, I won't shoot those who didn't. Wink We have a ton of knowledgeable young posters on the forum, and most of them have a higher post count in half the time, lol. Marco, Jacoby's Homey, and Houston Aggies (and I'm sure there are a few others) represent the forum very well for young guys. I dare say, we have the best group of young guns on the site. Keep it coming, y'all. And overall, I think we have one of the best groups of posters there is, on any forum. Every one of us is knowledgeable enough to hold their own in any debate, and we can all get some quality advice on which clubs are best from Blaze and ET, and how to pour concrete when it's 30 below from ax2, along with a few other things. This is my distant, on-line family.

And D59, I doubt I'll go to Baylor, but thanks for the writeup. You did a great job.

And ET, you might want to find a more recent pic of Kanye. He should be wearing those huge Buddy Holly-style glasses...

Sig by matthouston91
Marco79

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
And ET, you might want to find a more recent pic of Kanye. He should be wearing those huge Buddy Holly-style glasses...

and he should also have a mullet Laughing
CAS22

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
Guys, a huge thanks to everyone who voted for me, I really didn't expect it. And thanks to secret balloting, I won't shoot those who didn't. Wink We have a ton of knowledgeable young posters on the forum, and most of them have a higher post count in half the time, lol. Marco, Jacoby's Homey, and Houston Aggies (and I'm sure there are a few others) represent the forum very well for young guys. I dare say, we have the best group of young guns on the site. Keep it coming, y'all. And overall, I think we have one of the best groups of posters there is, on any forum. Every one of us is knowledgeable enough to hold their own in any debate, and we can all get some quality advice on which clubs are best from Blaze and ET, and how to pour concrete when it's 30 below from ax2, along with a few other things. This is my distant, on-line family.

And D59, I doubt I'll go to Baylor, but thanks for the writeup. You did a great job.

thanks 'Pike Laughing
super_dude3608

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:
Grasspike wrote:

thanks 'Pike Laughing
I'm hurt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congratulations to all of the award winners!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I have been saying this all along, but two of my favorite posters again winning an award. Congrats JH and AS. It is a true honor to read y'alls posts.
CAS22

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dangerous59 wrote:
I know I have been saying this all along, but two of my favorite posters again winning an award. Congrats JH and AS. It is a true honor to read y'alls posts.

Congrats Jacoby and Apollo! Both extremely well-deserved.
mse326

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats guys

#JDI
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very humbled by this honor. Thanks guys. I figured I owed you a bit of a more personal "acceptance speech" than you are used to getting from me.

I signed on in February last year for a few reasons:
1) I was immensely frustrated that every stinking mock and national discussion had us taking RB in the 1st.
2) I was a disgruntled season ticket holder drifting away from the team
3) I was undergoing intense stress with the pending birth of my son, job stress, and trying to finally quit drinking for good and needed some "healthy" escape.

After I got a little traction with my "ignore RB until the 4th" arguments, I went on to start questioning some of the other commonly held beliefs of Texan Nation such as Morlon Greenwood is a great LB, the problems in the secondary were all injury related, and Kubiak and Smiths unquestioned greatness. I took on players I thought were completely overrated by TN including Will Demps, Mike Brisiel, and CC Brown. I've been wrong on plenty of things, such as questioning AJ's ability to put up a complete great season and David Anderson being a complete waste of space, not to mention being way too argumentative in the beginning.

Basically, it is my nature to question commonly held beliefs even those that are held up as gospel. As a Baylor guy, I was always frustrated by people who just blindly went along with what their parents told them to believe and had some great professors who taught me to question fearlessly and test your faith often. It is often misunderstood here that me "questioning" players, coaches, management, or strategy means I am being negative or bashing the team, when in fact I feel I am a much stronger fan today than last year for having tested my own beliefs about this team. Much like being a good "American" to me means practicing all of your rights including the right to disagree with leaders, I think the best fans take the time to actually study the team and how to improve it, not just blindly accept that the starter is the best guy for the job or go along with what management tells you.

The off-shoot of this board besides making me a better fan, is that I've learned from each of you areas where I'm not as strong such as x's and o's and developed a thirst for things beyond the GM side where my interests had traditionally stayed. I've also felt a feeling of comradery with the members of this board that has served as a vital escape from "real life" for me which has been amazingly difficult over the past year and a half. Many of the younger members remind me that I wasn't always as cynical as I had become and the older members make me feel as I'm not alone in still being a mega-fan dork despite having a family and major work responsibilities. Finally, I rarely get a chance to just hang and talk sports with friends as sports bars are not a healthy place for me to hang out anymore and I still get to indulge this beloved activity here.

Thank you for recognizing my contributions to this board, but trust me, I receive much more from you than I give. I look forward to spending another amazing draft season with you. If you recall last year, I got incredibly ill on draft day and was completely out of it thru most of the draft which robbed me of "guy Christmas." I've already cleared my schedule for April 25 & 26 and am taking off the 27th just to decompress and geek out.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: