Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NINERS TRADE W/ CHARGERS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
martisius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: NINERS TRADE W/ CHARGERS Reply with quote

The Niners trade with the chargers to get the 12th and 28th pick, at 12 they draft David Pollack or Mike Williams, then at 28 they draft Jamal Brown, then in the first pick of the second it would be Mark Clayton. Then in latter rounds they draft the sleeper lynn Mcgruder DT from OKlahoma.
mauRICE 80

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the trade down but I don't like your picks. We would still be stuck with Rat also.
martisius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well there aren't any potential probowl qb's only recivers and running backs, on offence. t.a. MacLindon (rb) I feel if he stays healthy will be a good one.
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is nothing wrong with Rattay! Tim Rattay will pick apart a defense as well as most anyone else currently in the NFL IF he has the Offensive Line to give him the time! Last year's record was a direct result of the injuries and lack of coaching for the offensive line--not the fault of Rattay or Dorsey! It would be a wasted pick to take a 1st round QB with a healthy Rattay behind a healthy and prepared O-line!
martisius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are right Chrissooner49er rat isn't that bad, i believe any of Qbs in the draft will only be as good as rat. thats why the niners should get jamal brown (oklahoma) and put him at left tackle and either put K.harris at right tackle or just release him. then hopefully the o-line can stay healthy and rat will do fine.
reg4422

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niners fans should not want this to happen. Trading for the Chargers 2 1st rounders would be a terrible trade for the niners. If they trade down they need to get a first rounder this year and NEXT year. Next year's draft will be twice as deep as this years(Bush,Leinart,Ferguson,Winston etc.). I think the ideal trade for the 9ers would be to get the Raiders 1st this year and next. I think the Raiders might make an offer because they want DJ, and don't want the Dolphins taking him at #2. The Raiders will be terrible again next year, so this would work out great for the 9ers. #7 this year and probably top 10 next year instead of 12 and 28 with a weaker draft.
martisius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trading to next year isn't a bad idea but all of those guys Bush,Leinart,Ferguson,Winston won't be any good in the nfl. bother of those o-lineman aren't good at pass blocking and leinart is a system QB. r.bush could be the acception, he might be better as a reciver though.
reg4422

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you about Leinart, I don't think he's that great. But, I disagree about Ferguson and Winston. And, Bush is ridiculous, I would take him over anyone coming out right now. I just named a few though - Leak, McNeil, Hawk, Brooks are some more. I just think it would be wise if the 9ers could get a 1st rounder next year instead of the 28th this year if they can pull it off.
martisius

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you make a valid point reg4422. but now you would draft r.bush over m. williams?
reg4422

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was my choice, yes. I love Mike Williams, but to me Reggie Bush looks like Bryan Westbrook x3. I think he is the ultimate weapon, with him and Barlow in the backfield it would definately take pressure off of whoever the quarterback is.
danny18

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the tradee..it would be a big plus if we get mike williams and maybe a qb in the second round or thrid round
martisius

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd get mike williams if they'd use plan X. plan X if the quick fix. its getting j. garcia, or k. warner in the freeagency then k. macardell, then a good experienced LT then mike in the first pick.
Montana168

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow i hope that does not happen at all , there is no way edwards or williams will be available that late in the draft and we'll get screwed over like we did last year. i hope we do not trade out of the no 1 spot unless its for these reasons

a pick still in the top 5
or
a good player and a draft pick
or
a first rounder in next years draft
martisius

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah that all sounds well and good but, whatdo you think about plan X?
greatone323

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Chargers trade up for what Reply with quote

You have the Chargers trading up and then you getting Mike Williams as a Chargers fan if we trade up it will be for Mike Williams possibly Derrick Johnson. Convential wisdom is the Chargers trade up for the guy you say you would get at 12. Williams or Braylon Edwards would not be available at 12.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: