You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

CB Leon Hall arrested for DUI
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neezy007

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember one of the reasons they drafted him is because he was a high character guy.
Hass4Prez8

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone makes mistakes, does not mean he is a bad person and lacks character. I do not see him getting suspended, for this being his first violation.

#12th Man
super_dude3608

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
super_dude3608 wrote:
I thought he was the best corner coming out the year he was drafted. Bengals fans, how was he up until this?

Over Revis??? REALLY? Shocked
At the time, yes. Is that so far fetched? As I recall he was widely considered the best up until about a week before the draft when Revis just decided he thought everyone would be better off if he was taken before Hall (I guess he was right though)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreRavens wrote:
DawgX wrote:

By no means am I condoning what he did, but because he got drunk means he has a bad character? Really? Brick wall

IDK if I would say Leon is a bad person but the fact that he was operating a vehicle gives the impression that he cares about convenience then the lives of other people. It was a terribly low character move on his part.

Sure everyone makes mistakes but there are just some mistakes that you don't have a second chance to correct. Like if he would have killed someone.

I think anyone who found guilty of DUI in the league should get punished.

I completely understand that I just don't think it's right for someone to say that he has a bad character just because of this. Was it a dumb and dangerous thing to do? Definitely, but that doesn't mean that Leon Hall has a bad character.
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bannanasrUSC wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:
super_dude3608 wrote:
I thought he was the best corner coming out the year he was drafted. Bengals fans, how was he up until this?

Anywho, I didnt see this coming. This is a non-homer question, but how do certain teams always end up having players issues? Think

I love how this playboy is so quick to point the finger. A lot of our players are high character guys. Just because we have had some issues doesn't mean our team is filled with convicts.

First off, OUR TEAM? Dude I thought you were a Chargers fan?! Now your a Bengals fan? Why? Because they have two of your USC players? Rolling Eyes

Dude, no offense, but the Bengals are known to have alot of players with "issues" it just cease to amaze me that Cowboys, Bengals, Jaguars, keep having player issues. Im just curious why this happens Confused

And uhhh... Ruskie, I never made it out to be that the Steelers are perfect Rolling Eyes thanks for (Trying?) to troll(?) I was just being hypothetical.
JDBrocks

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I remember everyone saying that this was a great pick for them because Hall was a boyscout... Everyone makes mistakes, but this one really surprises me.

Josh Ritter wrote:
I became a thin blue wire, that held the world above the fire
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it this guy didn't see where Dante Stallworth will probably be going to jail for a long long time.
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hes a smart kid (he went to U-M, really smart people go there. I am not smart anough, sadly Sad ). He drunk, and he made the stupid decision to drive. The kindest and smartest people get DUIs too, nobody is perfect.
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a shame that one wrong thing can question years of doing the right things. i do not agree with what he did, drinking and driving is not a good mixture and he is certainly not setting a good example for kids, or teammates. get ur act together Leon. ur better than this
Manning4life

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConvenientTruth wrote:
Getting drunk=/=Driving drunk

eh it shouldnt be called "driving drunk" all of the time to be honest with you. who really knows if he was "drunk"

You can go out to dinner with your wife and have two margaritas and get a BAC of .09
SUG

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: CB Leon Hall arrested for DUI Reply with quote

Carruthless wrote:
http://www.wlwt.com/news/19131141/detail.html

Bengals were doing so well too with arrests.

Interesting to see if the NFL intervenes and punishes Hall.

Yeah but it's gettin to be that time of yr again.

Smile
sug
Eagles $5$

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SadLionFan00 wrote:
Hes a smart kid (he went to U-M, really smart people go there. I am not smart anough, sadly Sad ). He drunk, and he made the stupid decision to drive. The kindest and smartest people get DUIs too, nobody is perfect.

I'm sure you will not be saying its just a "Stupid Decision" if he killed a human that night like Donte Stallworth did few weeks back... Its more then just a Stupid Decision, because that decision can harm other people.

I hope Goodell comes down on Stallworth and Hall hard so this kind of things doesn't happen every week.
Bengals Backer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
bannanasrUSC wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:
super_dude3608 wrote:

Anywho, I didnt see this coming. This is a non-homer question, but how do certain teams always end up having players issues? Think

I love how this playboy is so quick to point the finger. A lot of our players are high character guys. Just because we have had some issues doesn't mean our team is filled with convicts.

First off, OUR TEAM? Dude I thought you were a Chargers fan?! Now your a Bengals fan? Why? Because they have two of your USC players? Rolling Eyes

Dude, no offense, but the Bengals are known to have alot of players with "issues" it just cease to amaze me that Cowboys, Bengals, Jaguars, keep having player issues. Im just curious why this happens Confused

And uhhh... Ruskie, I never made it out to be that the Steelers are perfect Rolling Eyes thanks for (Trying?) to troll(?) I was just being hypothetical.

I'm not trolling so please don't take it that way.

Revis is a better Corner that Leon Hall (look at the stats).

Yes Bengals give guys way too many second and thrid chances, when they mess up. But they have also cut a lot (not all) of trouble makers. How ever the fact that they keep giving guys second chance sends out the message that the Bengals don't care and if they don't care why should you as their player care.

Yes Leon is still a good guy and still a boarderline High caracter guy. People are allowed to make mistakes in life, thats what makes us human.

And yes the Steelers aren't perfect, Holmes, Reed, Dekker, Harrison have all been arrested recently. It just seems their issues get swept under the rug quicker than most. Although that could be because Mr. Rooneys is a good owner, the Steelers have won many Super Bowls, they have the largest fan base, whos knows.

IMO it's a league issue and the Roger needs to keep cracking the whip on the guys that get in trouble, until they learn to use their heads. Theres no reason for anyone ever to get a DUI. If your famous I'm sure just about anyone would give you a ride home for the right amount of money or just the story alone. I hope all sports start getting tougher on guys that get in trouble (NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS). Hall should get a two game suspision

Thanks Sportboy86 for the sig.
2009 AFC North Champions!
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
He was polite during the arrest. Good for him.

Well at least he has good character when he is drunk Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingJames92100 wrote:
bannanasrUSC wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:
super_dude3608 wrote:

Right..... Rolling Eyes

Lmao. Your team has a lot of high character guys? really?

What holes are bigger? Madonna's or the Chargers Defense?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: