You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Darrius Heyward-Bey
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alex_93

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oaktownOG wrote:
alex_93 wrote:
Maclin's 40 does really matter because he's lightening on the field. I mean he doesn't get caught when he's in the open field, unlike Crabtree. However, Crabtree is who I want hands down.

lol wtf?

Maclin is a complete poon after the catch.

Crabtree is always fighting for extra yards and through contact and that's evident in basically all of the film you'll see on him, UNLIKE Maclin who is afraid of going over the middle with his alligator arms.

Crabtree is better, overall, in open space than Maclin. The only WR prospect that can truly be argued as better or comparable in that regard is Percy Harvin, in my opinion.

I don't want Maclin over Crabtree, Robiskie, Nicks etc but he is very good after the catch and is quicker than Crabtree

In Maclins replays you'll notice how he gets away from the chasers once he is free.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzrltr66LqI

and he does go over the middle a few times.

And Crabtree does get caught from behind which was my arguement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPz7caPqoJE&feature=related

at 0.33 is one example of where Maclin would be away to the races

Don't get me wrong I am not a big Maclin fan but I think that it is unfair to say the things you did about him when he clearly isn't. Anyway this is off the DHB topic so I'll just say I would rather have Crabtree and Maclin at #7 before DHB. If we want him we should trade up from #40 not reach from #7. Raji or Crabtree please at #7
GJT1347

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayArea07 wrote:
oaktownOG wrote:

Eh?

yea it's really easy to get 2,315 receiving yards in 2 years without some YAC skills. Rolling Eyes

ENOUGH with the "maclin is weak" talk. it's flat out wrong. the guy touched the ball over 430 times in 2 years! it anything, the coaching staff probably told him to avoid contact since they needed him so much.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SilverNBlackFan wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
I like DHB > Crabs or Mac
DHB= Crabs+ Mac

lolwut?

DHB is better than Crabs?

When its all said and done I think DHB will have the better career.

Crab will be good and solid but DHb will be amazing he has hands and he never had a QB in Maryland. Imagine the #'s DHb would put up at Texas tech. Crabs is one of those guys I think will be a better college player than and NFL guy. He will have problems separating from DB's in the NFL.

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
alex_93

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
SilverNBlackFan wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
I like DHB > Crabs or Mac
DHB= Crabs+ Mac

lolwut?

DHB is better than Crabs?

When its all said and done I think DHB will have the better career.

Crab will be good and solid but DHb will be amazing he has hands and he never had a QB in Maryland. Imagine the #'s DHb would put up at Texas tech. Crabs is one of those guys I think will be a better college player than and NFL guy. He will have problems separating from DB's in the NFL.

Crabtree is the safe pick, ie he will be a good maybe pro bowl WR

DHB, is the risky pick, he has the upside to be a perrenial pro bowler, but at the same time if he don't develop his skills he could just be a carrer 2nd string WR.

I won't judge the DHB pick until I see him play for this reason.
BuckSavage

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem I have with Crabtree is that he doesnt get any seperation from DBs. He reminds me of a better Dwayne Jarrett. Jarrett has had problems with seperation. Every player is different but our owner is not.

Al Davis will not pick Crabtree

I would prefer Maclin over DHB. But DHB is very tempting because his potential is severely untapped
oaktownOG

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayArea07 wrote:
oaktownOG wrote:

Eh?

sorry, I don't have YouTube videos to back it up but if you've seriously seen him play more than just on highlights or one game or two, you'd be well aware of the fact it's common for him to show alligator arms as well as run out of bounds instead of fighting for more yards.

the guy is scared ishless of contact compared to a player like, Crabtree, who essentially thrives on it.

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
DHB= Crabs+ Mac

LOL

wow.... I'll remember that one.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
DHB= Crabs+ Mac

LOL

wow.... I'll remember that one.[/quote]

Yea in Al and my eyes if Crabs cant even attemp to run a 40 he will not be a Raider. Al will not draft a slow WR or DB ever and Crab is one of the slowest of the whole group. Just like Jenkins 4.5 for a db please either 4.45 and under for Wr's, Db's, and Rb's.

Think Howard runs raster than Crab I bet Kirk could run down Crab

Crab = Jerry Porter part 2

Raider X wrote:
BuckSavage

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
DHB= Crabs+ Mac

LOL

wow.... I'll remember that one.

Yea in Al and my eyes if Crabs cant even attemp to run a 40 he will not be a Raider. Al will not draft a slow WR or DB ever and Crab is one of the slowest of the whole group. Just like Jenkins 4.5 for a db please either 4.45 and under for Wr's, Db's, and Rb's.

Think Howard runs raster than Crab I bet Kirk could run down Crab

Crab = Jerry Porter part 2[/quote]

Al will not draft a player at WR that doesnt run the 40. Our owner has always been a track guy. RB/WR/DB most run fast 40s to even have consideration for us to pick them. Al davis will not break this rule. If we take a Wr, it will be Maclin or DHB
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like DHB for his potential. And the guy is nails after the catch. There are sime things you just can't coach and that is the ability to get yardage after the catch. And with that size and speed, he can be devestating in the right situation. Watch his film. DHB gets deep AND he will take a hitch pass to the house. Nor many guys can do that as physically as he can. And as long as we fill all of our needs, I really don't care where we take him.

I'm not saying that he is better than Crabtree or Maclin. But I can't see Maclin being as physical in the NFL after the catch. And I can't see Crabtree separating after the catch like DHB is capible of in the NFL. College??? Yeah we all saw it. But I have my doubts about the other two in the NFL. So for Al Davis, that could be the deciding factor.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
justwinbaby

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you can coach speed, DHB was in track that's how he learned to get so fast. I don't like DHB at all especially at #7. Chad Schillenz to me has more potential than DHB. Chad has bigger size and has speed and had better college numbers in college than DHB.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby wrote:
I believe you can coach speed, DHB was in track that's how he learned to get so fast. I don't like DHB at all especially at #7. Chad Schillenz to me has more potential than DHB. Chad has bigger size and has speed and had better college numbers in college than DHB.

Isnt that how Crab busted up his ankle training with Mike Johnson tryna get faster. i agree tho can teach speed, strait line speed but not game speed.

Raider X wrote:
RaidersJLH15

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersJagsFan9 wrote:
I like DHB but my order is kind of different than other peoples.

1. Crabtree
2. DHB
3. Britt
4. Nicks
5. Robiski
6. Barden
7. Harvin
8. Tate
9. Maclin
10. Tie Derrick Williams or Mike Wallace

See my orders a lot different than other people.

I can see the Raiders trading back a couple selections and drafting DHB in the first. DHB has all the talent and speed in the world to become a Raiders great.

Harvin at 7 and Maclin at 9? I hope your kidding man
Dat Raider

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm... Darrius Heyward-Bey, ay?
Raidaa22

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
I like DHB for his potential. And the guy is nails after the catch. There are sime things you just can't coach and that is the ability to get yardage after the catch. And with that size and speed, he can be devestating in the right situation. Watch his film. DHB gets deep AND he will take a hitch pass to the house. Nor many guys can do that as physically as he can. And as long as we fill all of our needs, I really don't care where we take him.

I'm not saying that he is better than Crabtree or Maclin. But I can't see Maclin being as physical in the NFL after the catch. And I can't see Crabtree separating after the catch like DHB is capible of in the NFL. College??? Yeah we all saw it. But I have my doubts about the other two in the NFL. So for Al Davis, that could be the deciding factor.

LOL ARE YOU KIDDING ME......heyward bey is not good after the catch, its something he struggles with, hes a straight line guy who can't make moves or break tackles
justwinbaby

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best receiver right now is Larry Fitzgerald. He doesn't run a 4.3 40, so to me speed isn't anything. What does Fitzgerald, Tim Brown and Jerry Rice have in common? Body Control, Good Route Running and Good hands. So i would be very mad if we drafted DHB because of his stupid 40 time. He wasn't even that good in college in fact i think he never even had a 1000yard reception in a season.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 2 of 19

Jump to: