You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

favorite college running back

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hartgobluehenne

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:56 am    Post subject: favorite college running back Reply with quote

RB is deep this year in the draft and FA, luckily for us. If we do not pick up a free agent which back do you most covet. I like Ronnie Brown he has the size, speed, power, hands and blocking ability to be a great addition. He also doesn't have a lot of wear and tear that the other running backs and FA's have. An Auburn running back and drafted as a baseball player, could this be the second coming of Bo Jackson? Let's just hope his hips stay together.
JamesT

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: favorite college running back Reply with quote

hartgobluehenne wrote:
RB is deep this year in the draft and FA, luckily for us. If we do not pick up a free agent which back do you most covet. I like Ronnie Brown he has the size, speed, power, hands and blocking ability to be a great addition. He also doesn't have a lot of wear and tear that the other running backs and FA's have. An Auburn running back and drafted as a baseball player, could this be the second coming of Bo Jackson? Let's just hope his hips stay together.

If the raiders choose to go RB I agree with you on Brown. This team is in desperate need of an overhaul. I am not sure what kind of kid Brown is but they need to start drafting good character players. I would not mind Aaron Rogers being their selection either. Let's face it Collins is a turnover machine. I do like Tui and followed him in college but it is obvious he is not in their future.
TheNextStep

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like all of the "top 3" with more of a lean towards Brown and Benson, since they're more powerful.

That said, I'm really hoping for LaMont Jordan in free agency and then a guy like Faison in the second round.
JamesT

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheNextStep wrote:
I like all of the "top 3" with more of a lean towards Brown and Benson, since they're more powerful.

That said, I'm really hoping for LaMont Jordan in free agency and then a guy like Faison in the second round.

I agree with you I would rather see them go after Jordan and then use a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick or maybe even later. I think they can still use Wheatley and Fargas. I would let Amos go. But let's be honest here this team needs help realistically at every position. This team will not be competitive for another 2 years and I am of the opinion they will not do a damn thing until Al Davis is not a part of this team.
TheNextStep

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree regarding Al Davis but, honestly, I've generally found that there's no use in arguing it because neither of is going to end up changing our minds on the matter when all is said and done.
JamesT

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheNextStep wrote:
I disagree regarding Al Davis but, honestly, I've generally found that there's no use in arguing it because neither of is going to end up changing our minds on the matter when all is said and done.

I understand what you are saying and by no means do I belittle Al's achievements to the NFL and to the Raiders over the years. But there is always a time, just like with a player, when their time is up. I just do not think Al has a good grasp of running this team anymore. I think this is evident in his record over the years. His hire of Norv Turner and Callahan were awful. I think it speaks volumes that whenever the head coaching job opens up that Al has a very difficult time filling it with good coaches. Nobody wants to be a head coach to be just a yes man. I hope I am wrong next year but I just dont see this team improving under Norv Turner.
snailplow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamesT wrote:
TheNextStep wrote:

I understand what you are saying and by no means do I belittle Al's achievements to the NFL and to the Raiders over the years. But there is always a time, just like with a player, when their time is up. I just do not think Al has a good grasp of running this team anymore. I think this is evident in his record over the years. His hire of Norv Turner and Callahan were awful. I think it speaks volumes that whenever the head coaching job opens up that Al has a very difficult time filling it with good coaches. Nobody wants to be a head coach to be just a yes man. I hope I am wrong next year but I just dont see this team improving under Norv Turner.

James,you hit the nail square on the head....great post.
JamesT

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snailplow wrote:
JamesT wrote:
TheNextStep wrote:

James,you hit the nail square on the head....great post.

I wish it was different in Oakland because I think it is for the NFL for the Raiders to do well. Unfortunately for the diehard Raider fans I dont see any success coming anytime soon.
Dark Knight

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i want Oakland to get Lamont Jordan...then keep Fargas and then go defense with their first pick......Rolle, or DJ if there. can't pass up Williams either if he slips. Then get maybe Fason or Arrington in Rd 2 or 3. I kinda agree about Davis. They need a solid GM in there....I would have loved to see Ron Wolf brought back after he left the Packers...but....it didn't happen. We shall see how what Turner can bring to the table after this season....he better get a RB from somewhere..if he going to have a chance on offense and he better mix up his plays more........and Ryan better get that defense disciplined!
eddie33

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:25 am    Post subject: rb sleeper Reply with quote

how 'bout jesse lumsden mc master university.....ontario canada. i think he could be a great sleeper!
JamesT

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Knight wrote:
i want Oakland to get Lamont Jordan...then keep Fargas and then go defense with their first pick......Rolle, or DJ if there. can't pass up Williams either if he slips. Then get maybe Fason or Arrington in Rd 2 or 3. I kinda agree about Davis. They need a solid GM in there....I would have loved to see Ron Wolf brought back after he left the Packers...but....it didn't happen. We shall see how what Turner can bring to the table after this season....he better get a RB from somewhere..if he going to have a chance on offense and he better mix up his plays more........and Ryan better get that defense disciplined!

they signed Keith Millard as the D Line coach from Denver today which is a positive step forward. I like your take a lot on what they should do. Lamont Jordan would be an excellent pickup and I have heard if Porter is not resigned they will make a big time effort to sign Jordan. I would love to see them sign Rolle but do they need another UM star? I would love them to get a stud MLB but where they are drafting I do not see a LB at that pick. I like DJ but I think the Raiders may go after one of the QB's so dont be shocked when that happens.
Old School

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty sure that the Raiders will get their (let's hope so) franchise back via free agency (LaMont Jordan is the most probable choice). If they don't do that, they'll have to get it via 1st round of the draft, and my opinion that the best choice is Ronnie Brown, the most powerful back of the 2005 draft.
JamesT

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
I am pretty sure that the Raiders will get their (let's hope so) franchise back via free agency (LaMont Jordan is the most probable choice). If they don't do that, they'll have to get it via 1st round of the draft, and my opinion that the best choice is Ronnie Brown, the most powerful back of the 2005 draft.

I love Brown but the problem is where they draft they wont take him there because it is too high. I think if Jordan is not on the Raiders you will see them take a RB in the second round maybe Arrington who I think is going to be a great RB in the nfl. As I stated earlier do not be surprised to see the Raiders take a qb with this pick.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: