Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If there is a just and loving god...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: If there is a just and loving god... Reply with quote

Then Pennington will either gain better arm strength then McNabb and Manning combined...either that or he'll take a massive pay cut.

Herm and Bradway have to go. Someone has to come in and tell Chad, "I'm sorry but you aren't the franchise QB for this team anymore."

That's the only way we can get Matt Leinart in the first round, because I'm almost positive we aren't winning another game this season. We have absolutely no offense and absolutely no QB.

I don't want to speculate about the off-season right now. It's just one of those times when it just doesn't matter anymore. After watching that performance, I actually don't want us to go after a DT anymore. It's a need, but it should be addressed in FA because we need to go ALL OFFENSE IN THIS DRAFT. The Jets management has to fix the offense.
NyJetsGiantsFan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: If there is a just and loving god... Reply with quote

Spiel612 wrote:
Then Pennington will either gain better arm strength then McNabb and Manning combined...either that or he'll take a massive pay cut.

Herm and Bradway have to go. Someone has to come in and tell Chad, "I'm sorry but you aren't the franchise QB for this team anymore."

That's the only way we can get Matt Leinart in the first round, because I'm almost positive we aren't winning another game this season. We have absolutely no offense and absolutely no QB.

I don't want to speculate about the off-season right now. It's just one of those times when it just doesn't matter anymore. After watching that performance, I actually don't want us to go after a DT anymore. It's a need, but it should be addressed in FA because we need to go ALL OFFENSE IN THIS DRAFT. The Jets management has to fix the offense.

I completely agree with you. And I thought the rest of the Jets fans should know something......... everyone thinks that we also need to fix our defense. Well you guys are all WRONG!! we don't need to fix our defense this off-season and do you want me to tell you why??? The only reason we are playing bad defense is because our defense is out on the field way too much and way too long. And do you want to know why our defense is out on the field way too much and way too long???? It's because our OFFENSE SUCKS!!! Chad Pennington is not the future of this team... I really love Chad but it's the truth!!! he is not ever going to take us to the Super Bowl. His arm strength is way too weak. The problem is when he throws the ball in the air... it takes a long time to come back down because of how weak his arm is. When a QB with a Strong arm throws the ball in the air... it comes down much faster and much quicker... which is a threat to defenses because it gives a defense less time to make an interception or stop a pass.

Trust me... the QB position is much more important than the Running Back position. If we draft Reggie Bush to be our Running Back... he will only help our offense put up points and get yards... but he can't be a leader and lead us to the Super Bowl because there is no team that can go to the Super Bowl without a Good Franchise QB because the QB is the leader of the Team and makes all the throws. We can still get a GREAT Running Back in Round 2... There will be a lot of good quality Running Backs this year to be taken in the 2nd round and they all have an equal chance at becoming Pro Bowlers in the NFL.

Trust me... Reggie Bush will not lead us to the Playoffs or the Super Bowl... he will only help us get a lot of wins. The only thing that everyone should know is that the only guy on an offense that can actually LEAD his team to the playoffs and Super Bowl is the QB. You have to be able to throw the ball with a lot of ARM STRENGTH and Great Throwing Accuracy. And Matt Leinart is going to be a Pro Bowler in the NFL. It's very rare to find a QB Like Matt Leinart. In fact... I think Matt Leinart has a chance to be much better than Eli Manning and Ben Rothlisburgr. He's proving it to us right now... playing great College Football... and right now he's going for his 2nd straight un-defeated season at USC and his 3rd straight National Championship Bowl win in a row. Because of how great Matt Leinart has played at USC... they are on a 33 Game Winning Streak and Have not lost a game since September of 2003. THAT'S OVER 2 YEARS AGO!!! MATT LEINART HAS NOT LOST A GAME IN OVER 2 YEARS!!!! 33 GAMES IN ROW THAT HE WON SO FAR!!!! It doesn't get any better than that. Seriously ... we need Matt Leinart. The QB Position is MUCH more important than the Running Back Position...

If you don't believe me... then answer this question Jets' Fans........ Would you rather Have LaDanion Tomlinson or Peyton Manning on your team??? I'm sure ANYONE would choose Peyton Manning over LaDanion Tomlinson because Peyton Manning he can actually lead a team to SUCCESS. Ladanion Tomlinson cannot carry the entire offense like a QB can.

So now do all of you guys see my point? We do not need DeAngello Williams or Reggie Bush. We Need Matt Leinart and then We need to draft LenDale White in the 2nd round. For those of you who don't know him... he's the 2nd guy who plays behind Reggie Bush but they have both been 1000 yard rushers because they share the ball. But obviously Reggie Bush is much better than him... but let me tell you this fact..... if LenDale White was the only starting Running Back at USC... then I Promise you he would be good enough to be an early 1st round pick. The only reason LenDale White will go in the 2nd round or 3rd round is beacuse he shares the Running Back Position with Reggie Bush and LenDale White doens't get many chances to prove himself but he still finds ways to get 1000 yard seasons. Matt Leinart is our only option. Phillip Rivers has been making $5 Million a year for sitting on the bench for 2 straight years and he is now un-proven... I don't want Phillip Rivers because I have the feeling that the 2 years that he sat on the Bench made him lesss athletic and he's not as good as he used to be because he hasn't played college football in almost 2 years. I don't want to take a chance on a guy like that. He might turn out to be a bust. But Matt Leinart will be fresh out of college and his stats at USC have proven that he's good enough to be the next New York Jets' Franchise QB.

Trust me on this guys... If we get Reggie Bush or DeAngello Williams... we will NOT be making the playoffs next year... no matter how good our team is. Without a Franchise QB... you will go NOWHERE and you won't be successful... It's a proven fact. And It's also a proven fact that you can make the playoffs and the super bowl without having a great Running Back. If you just have a Pretty Good Running Back like Correy Dillon of the Patriots or Brian Westbrook of the Eagles... then you can easily make it to the playoffs or super bowl. It's the QB Position that counts!! TRUST ME ON THIS!!!!
ekill08x

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leinart is going to be the first overall pick. Houston will trade down becuase it looks like there going to get it.

If the Jets trade up for it they should try and trade abraham for 2 more picks 1 in the first and 1 in the 2nd. Leinart as Qb and Lendale white as RB. Then continue to rebuild the line and get 1 more QB.

I just dont know anymore...Jets just need to cut ALOT of people.
Hooper610

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

It sucks because I love Chad to death but I've heard that he won't take a pay cut. You sound like your complaining if we get Reggie Bush but like you I'd rather have Leinhart, I'm worried about cap room because we have relatively nothing left and we have more holes then the QB position. Yesterday's game I finally accepted that the Jets are terrible, they've definitely caused me some stress especially with the expectations that most people had for this season. Hopefully we can turn it around for next year. J-E-T-S....
speedkillz33

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the jets will give cahd one more chance im pretty sure that come game 1 pennington is the starter. everyone is on leinarts bandwagon right now , but let me tell u something about that 33 game winning streak. it was done as a team not by leinart. dam even a decent qb could lead that team to wins. he hands the ball off to bush and lendale and says run. then he hits wide jarret and smith who are both always wide open. Hes never had to take over a game because of the talent around him and i just really have a feeling he wont live up to expectations. I would much rather have bush who in his first couple of years probably wont be a 30 carry guy but once he gets on that nfl training program he'll put on some weight and become one of the best running backs ever and we cant pass up on that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the jets will give chad one more chance im pretty sure that come game 1 pennington is the starter. everyone is on leinarts bandwagon right now , but let me tell u something about that 33 game winning streak. it was done as a team not by leinart. dam even a decent qb could lead that team to wins. he hands the ball off to bush and lendale and says run. then he hits wide jarret and smith who are both always wide open. Hes never had to take over a game because of the talent around him and i just really have a feeling he wont live up to expectations. I would much rather have bush who in his first couple of years probably wont be a 30 carry guy but once he gets on that nfl training program he'll put on some weight and become one of the best running backs ever and we cant pass up on that.

Bottom line. As much QB intelligence and intangibles Chad Pennington has he lacks the physical skills needed to compete with the elite like Brady, Peyton Manning. Intagibles can only take you so far in the NFL.
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple different things the Jets could do...

If Pennington takes his unlikely pay cut...

We draft Leinart in first and a RT in the 2nd (and keep Jones on the left side). Leinart is a lefty so we'll need a good RT to protect his blind side. I think we draft Winston Justice since the two are familiar.

If Pennington does not take a pay cut...

Draft Reggie Bush, no questions asked.

Take an LT in the 2nd because most likely have Pennington under center and he won't survive if his blind side tackle is horrible the way Fabini was this season. I mean, Pennington could probably have done a bit better this season (and perhaps avoided an injury so early, or at all) if his o-line had played much better. Mawae will recover and play another good year for us. Kendall will move back to guard and give us one last solid year, Brandon Moore is going to be better than Randy Thomas was for the Jets. Then we have Adrian Jones. He's a wildcard. He's a natural LT so if he ends up playing well we'll actually have our blind-side tackle of the future. But as of now he's not playing that well. Anyway, I still think we need an OT in Round 2.

Truth be told, if it just so happens we missed out on Leinart, Ferguson, and Bush I wouldn't mind taking Haloti Ngata. I mean I love Ngata and I think he'd solidify the Jets defense, but again I said that after this game it's just not worth it to solidify the defense if the offense is in shambles.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: