You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jason Peters and the #11 pick to the Seahawks for #4 RUMOR!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purple-Pride07 wrote:
According to your statistic oriented argument those 2 or 3 sacks would move Peters well into the list you set. And living in Buffalo really is no argument..

Nobody is calling him elite, but before this issue about a new contract cam about he was without question a top 10 left tackle in the NFL, any Bills fan would attest and these aren't coming from fans who've watched him play a couple times; it's straight from the mouths of those who have seen every game he's payed in his proffessional career and seen his development from a week to week basis.

When talking about a player with not a great deal of game tape to really watch of him you need to look at how he's come along and the truth remains the same, that being that he is a top left tackle in the NFL - again, not top 5, not top 10, but a top tackle none the less.

...for what it's worth, I laughed out loud at your response to bigmikenash for whatever reason, I'll never know? Laughing

Where in my argument did I say that I would take the 20 best statistical LTs? I used the stats to show where he ranked at his forte. If you take in run blocking abilities, he's not going to move up. It's not like I sat there and said... okay - these 20 are statistically the best, so they're on my list. I created my list from watching them play, taking their stats into account, and the competition they faced, etc.

The "top 10 LT" conversation was after 1 season at LT after playing RT before that - it's ridiculous - itd be like us calling Matt Ryan a Top 10 QB after 1 season. The fact he came out and completely bombed his 2nd season at LT after DE's had some film on him just proves to me he was never a Top 10 LT and I'm adament that he was never deserving of that 1st Pro Bowl. I'd love to know who you're referring to in regards to people who have seen every single play of his and have seen his progression over his entire career... surely you're not reffering to a biased Bills coach/executive.

He has 2 years worth of game film on him - and it definately wasn't pretty. And you want to talk about progression - okay - but be ready to talk about regression as well. He progressed from a TE, to a RT, to a LT which was good for him - however he progressed from a good LT (not great) to a horrid LT in 1 year - now maybe he'll bounce back and put up an All-Pro type season this year, but call me a cynic if I think he doesn't even come close.

Always enjoy a good debate PP07 - Keep it up

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Beast M0de wrote:
Quote:
Don't tell me your not a homer when the only time you post is regarding the Bills or a Bills player Rolling Eyes

Good luck with him as your LT though

Maybe thats because I know the most about the Bills than any other team.

Thank you.

But can you please answer my question that you avoided? According to your logic, stats is everything on how you judge a player.

Stats are honest, stats are unbaised, and stats are measurable...

That being said, No - Stats are not everything - injuries, systems, surrounding talent, etc etc all come into play - but I've watched Peters play and I can tell you that he's not an elite talent and that the ones I listed are all LT's I would rather have then Peters. I'm sorry that it doesn't go with your biased opinion, but I gain nothing from saying he's not a Top 20 LT and I gain nothing by saying I'd rather have Chad Clifton, Chris Samuels, Michael Roos, etc etc.

false false true. Especially with such stats as sacks given up where it is very subjective and doesn't take into effect the QB playing, the pass coverage called, the routes ran by the WR's (who need to get open ala coverage sacks), the OL playing next to them, "sacks given up" is one of the biggest joke stats around.

Adopt-a-Bill's
S Corey Graham
LB Preston Brown
MeanJoeGreen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigmikenash makes some good points looking at the stats. so I am wondering where did all this hype for Peters come from?
jonu62882

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Please be true, get him off the Eagles radar so we can swing Herremans to LT and trade for a WR and put weapons on the offense.

I agree with this...I'm so tired of arguing with Bills fans about how we don't want or need Peters. We already have our LT.
EAcantdraft

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be a stupid pick for Seattle. They could get a top LT at number 4 and not get an overrated veteran with character and work ethic concerns in Peters.

Graham Harrell, future (now present) CFL QB

Roger Goodell, greatest sports commissioner ever
DawgX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EAcantdraft wrote:
Would be a stupid pick for Seattle. They could get a top LT at number 4 and not get an overrated veteran with character and work ethic concerns in Peters.

Are you kidding? It'd be a fantastic trade for Seattle. The Seahawks don't need the #4 pick, and in this trade they'd get a franchise LT to eventually replace Walter Jones while still having the #11 pick to get a wide receiver, running back, safety or whoever they want.
frazierfan86

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever way Buffalo finds to get Peters out of there is fine by me. Orakpo or Curry would be nice at 4, but it would be great if they could get a 1st round pick in addition to the #11 pick they have now.

icecoldbruschi wrote:
The Ravens are a poor man's Jets... And Joe Flacco is mediocre.
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a real trade in the favor of the Seahawks if the deal was to go down they get a Pro Bowl and still get a good first round pick at pick 11...in a mock draft i did i had the Bills taken Sanchez but now it may be the Seahawks.....and it works out better for Sanchez not having to rush to be a starter and gives him time to learn the offense with Hasselback already there....
atown703

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
Unless I'm mistaken, Peters had a bad year last season. Seahawks are taking a risk.

I wonder who the Bills would be targeting with that pick? If they lose Peters, they'll need a new LT. They'd better hope Monroe drops to them.
Yes, the Seahawks are gonna be taking a huge risk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Brian Waters & our FO can't just get along, then maybe the Chiefs could jump in & offer (#3 & Waters for #11 & Peters + a conditional 2010 pick)

The Chiefs could stick Peters at LT while sliding Albert to LG or RT or place Peters at RT. The Bills would have a good chance of snagging Monroe or Curry at #3 & be getting a veteran probowl guard. Plus both teams would be parting ways w a player that I am assuming wants out.

This makes more sense to me than #4 for Peters & #11 but IMHO we might be getting the short end of the stick & that is where the comp pick comes into play, just in case Peters doesn't return to form.
DawgX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atown703 wrote:
Gmen wrote:
Unless I'm mistaken, Peters had a bad year last season. Seahawks are taking a risk.

I wonder who the Bills would be targeting with that pick? If they lose Peters, they'll need a new LT. They'd better hope Monroe drops to them.
Yes, the Seahawks are gonna be taking a huge risk

Peters was bad at the beginning of the season because of the contract issue he was having with Buffalo's front office, so he wasn't practicing and wasn't in proper football shape. As the season progressed, Peters got better.

I think this would be a steal for the Seahawks, actually. They could have either...

A) Eugene Monroe/Michael Crabtree and pay them top five money.

B) Jason Peters, a pro bowl LT and a player such as Sanchez, Jenkins, Wells or whoever they want at #11 while not paying as much money.

I think option B sounds a lot better from Seattle's point of view.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the dumbest thread i have ever seen..... the bills are not going to give up a 2 time probowler and #11 overall for a #4 pick. They have to many holes to fill the bills will give up peters and maybe a 4th rd pick for the #4 overall. the guy is 27 years old hes not 35 so hes got a good 8-10 years left meaning he will be a probowler atleast 3 more times in his career. The offer from what im hearing is peters for 1st and 3rd rd pick. As for waters and #3 overall for peters and #11 isnt exactly fair. The bills will either re-sign him or they will get 1st and 3rd rd pick. Their are 8 teams interested in him. Philly, detroit, cleveland, cincy, gb, NE, St louis and Oakland. This is the 1st i have heard about Seattle.

Thanks Max
BillsfanCupp38

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This trade makes no sense. Its just another giddy seattle fan thinking they are getting a steal for a great player. It makes no sense because if buffalo traded their best tackled and their 1st round pick just to move up and take an inexperienced tackle and pay him more money than they would have paid peters? Also buffalo was asking for a 1st and a 3rd the last time I checked.
Hotlanta12

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cfernandez wrote:
This would REALLY twist everything in the draft.

I don't think it would really. Trading Peters would allow the Bills to draft an LT in Monroe. Which is what SEA would do if they had the pick. SEA would probably pick a LB in Cushing or Matthews
NCAA: UConn
SHONUFF

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Peters Reply with quote

I assume if this is true, that the Bills are tired of Peters, they probably think that even if they pay him he'd still complainer. I honestly have heard this rumor outside of this site, and I check all the Hawks news site regularly.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: