Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Giants Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JackthePeenStalk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Giants Mock Draft Reply with quote

2nd Round - MLB Odell Thurman, Georgia. Kevin Lewis and Nick Greisen out, Thurman in.
3rd Round - HB Marion Barber III, Minnesota. I don't know whether or not he'll still be available but it is the best bet considering Ron Dayne will probably leave this Offseason and with the recent struggles they have had with third and short he is their best bet.
4th Round - WR Craphonso Thorpe, Florida St. The Giants need a young, big play guy and Thorpe can do that. Taylor was injury plagued all season and wasn't very consistent but has proven he can catch the deep ball. This will give Manning a speedy target who can make big plays.
6th Round - DT Antonio Bryant, Alabama. The Giants wanted to clog this middle this year with Norman Hand and Martin Chase but Chase went down with an injury and Hand is aging. Bryant has great size and will be able to clog the middle of the line. He will fit in great switching in with Robbins and Joseph.
7th Round - DE Ryan Riddle, California. The Giants need to start getting younger players for the D-Line. He has great speed, running 4.60 40. He lacks size so he may end up being moved to Linebacker, possibly inside where the Giants need the most help.

Some might say that they will need to upgrade the Offensive Line, but there isn't much to choose from in this year's draft. Possibly picking some up in Free Agency would be the best bet.
socalscholar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: re: Giants Mock Reply with quote

2nd Round
Reggie Brown, WR, Georgia

3rd Round
Robert McCune, LB, Louisville

4th Round
Brandon Jacobs, RB, So. Illinois

6th Round
B.J. Ward, S, Florida St.

Not sure if they have a seventh, but if the do

7th Round
Stephan Lefors, QB, Louisville
Skip2MiLew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey socalscholar, i totally agree with where u are going in ur mock draft. Im guessing u already saw my mccune post so i wont go there. Anyway, i like using the first round to pick up a WR, but i think we need to look for consistancy and reliablity, if you look at reggie brown, he has trouble in both these areas. Yes, he is a great explosive player, but the consistant catches and reliable health are really what the giants need to focus on. Someone like Mark Clayton, excuse his size, or Mike Williams would seem like more reliable targets. While both clayton and williams will probalby go in the first round, someone with the consistance and explosivness of these two WR its essential.
socalscholar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Post Combine Reply with quote

2nd Round
Chris Henry, WR, West Virginia

3rd Round
Robert McCune, LB, Louisville

4th Round
Brandon Jacobs, RB, So. Illinois

Not sure if they have a seventh, but if the do

7th Round
Stephan Lefors, QB, Louisville
Superfreak842

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesnt it suck not having a number one pick? Ginats need to draft a decent Reciever for ELi.
JackthePeenStalk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea it really sucks. Especially when guys like Mike Williams and Braylon Edwards could be available.

AND the Giants DO NOT have a 7th round draft pick. They gave it up for Jason Whittle.
Joro

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd round - Chris Henry WR, West Virginia - has no.1 WR talent, size, and skills, character issues will be resolved by a transition into the pros and Coughlin.

3rd round - Brandon Jacobs RB/FB, So. Illinois - beast that runs a 4.59. he is what they need for short yardage situation and to spell tiki.

4th round - Antonio Bryant DT, Alabama - Giants need a tackle to bolster the depth behind robbins and joseph and who knows what they can get out of norman hand.

6th round - Stefan LeFors QB, Louisville - mobile qb who had a terrific senior season, and the giants should try to develop a backup for eli.

Big Blue doing big things in 2007-08
JackthePeenStalk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the pick of Antonio Bryant and I completely agree with you on Norman Hand. He's a big guy, meaning he's slow. But he can clog up lanes. But the guy is like an 11 year pro now and he's not the answer. William Joseph is still a question mark and it would really help to add depth and have a rotation like that.
Joro

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plus injuries happen. fred robbins is one of my favorites and i think he is a shade below All Pro. plus he is only 27. william joseph had several solid games down the stretch and might be ready to be a starter, but u cant be sure. norman hand is great when healthy, but i think he has reached a point where he can no longer handle a full role. antonio bryant will most likely fall but he can be a very good player. he will add depth and possibly challenge for the starting role right away.

Big Blue doing big things in 2007-08

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: