Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Will Losman get a chance again?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: Will Losman get a chance again? Reply with quote

With Kelly Holcomb playing very well, do you think JP Losman will ever get his shot in Buffalo again? Holcomb isn't a long term solution but its clear that with Losman looking as bad as he has, Donahoe and Mularkey will always keep a reliable backup/starter because Losman already looks like a bust. either that or the Bills will go after a veteran this offseason and be done with Losman after just one year. I was very perplexed by the Losman pick when it happened 2 years ago, the guy never seemed to be anything special in college and was taken more for his physical attributes, much like Kyle Boller (Look how that turned out Crying or Very sad ). But what do you think? Losman played horrifically and anyone who thought it was the rest of the offense's fault for not supporting him, but Kelly Holcom'bs great play shut down that theory. Whats your take on Losman?

Last edited by BaltimoreTerp on Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Holcombnite

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my heart hopes no Cool but my head says yes.
You dont draft a QB in the 1st round to let him sit there and ponder his future for the course of his contract.
Once Buffalo is eliminated,which is coming fast, I am sure JP will get his hands behind C again.

However, Losman looked horrible after the Houston game. Like he was downright awful. And just as the case was in Cleveland, Holcomb wasn't extravagant when he came in, but he kept the offense moving and almost always makes the right decision. I admire him for that, and Buffalo fans are really starting to see it as well.

STchamp said Tye Hill will go in the first!
February 20th - Canada will never be the same
Maverick41

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'd better get another chance! This kid has something! I'm not sure what, but you can tell that he has great leadership qualities and I know he's got the talent inside of him.

Jaguarfan wrote:
holeman1 wrote:
Michael Floyd is on track for 13K yards this season

dude you don't know what K means
The Holcombnite

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowboys#1 wrote:
He'd better get another chance! This kid has something! I'm not sure what, but you can tell that he has great leadership qualities and I know he's got the talent inside of him.

I'd hate to ask you this - but do you even know what you are talking about, or you just posting for the hell of it to see if someone will agree with you?

H has a high ball release and often overthrows people. He underexamines every play and tries to make something happen with his legs. He has no leadership qualities on the field. He rarely gets mad at his players for doing their jobs because he certainly cant do his, which is fault. Holcomb has a lot less speed, arm power and intangable. But, he is a better QB cause he is patient. Losman will get another chance - but definatley not for the reasons you stated. In fact, JP Losman reminds me off a lot less talent, slightly overhyped version of Micheal Vick in a Buffalo Bills uniform. But, that's just me.

Maverick41

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly think he could be really, really good! He just needs direction to channel his talent. If you watch him, you can see his fiery, passionate style! I love how he seems to be such a natrual leader. Yes, I beiliev JP Losman will be a multiple time pro bowler...and you can quote me on that!

Jaguarfan wrote:
holeman1 wrote:

azazaz7

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll get another chance once the Bills are out of contention this year.

The Bills traded away a 2005 1st round pick as well as some picks in 2004 and Donohue won't want to admit he made a major blunder so Losman will get time to prove his worth. Thus far, he's looked like a bust but plenty of QBs do when they get their 1st opportunity in the NFL. John Elway and Terry Bradshaw were dire initially but both went on to have great careers. I'm not saying Losman will be as good as those two but don't castigate the guy after a handful of starts.

Having said that, Losman was a major reach and didn't deserve to be picked until the middle of round 2 at the earliest IMO.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowboys#1 wrote:
I honestly think he could be really, really good! He just needs direction to channel his talent. If you watch him, you can see his fiery, passionate style! I love how he seems to be such a natrual leader. Yes, I beiliev JP Losman will be a multiple time pro bowler...and you can quote me on that!

Can you be any more generic? Can we get an example? I have seen evry Bills game this year by force of habit...I can almost guarantee you haven't even seen one.

Seriously, I want proof. From every Bills game that he was in, he did nothing to tell me he had a leadership capabilities. In the huddle, even the Houston game he won, he didnt seem over controlling of the group on the field. He doesnt feel anything when he consistently overthrows the ball. In all honesty, I don't know how anyone sees anything with him.

EDIT: Im still waiting - or was it you didn't know what you were talking about? Yeah, I will take that one.

Maverick41

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Losman all throughout college! He has major potential! His legs and his accuracy (When channeled) are great assets! Another thing, don't even try and get into a bout of football knowledge, because I would wipe the floor with you all day long

Jaguarfan wrote:
holeman1 wrote:

The Holcombnite

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, I'm not trying to get into a bout of "football knowledge" so you "wipe the floor with me". God knows you could do that. [END SARCASM]

We are talking JP Losman - QB of the Buffalo Bills. Not JP Losman of Tulane. College is irrelevant. ANd again, you did not provide a single shred of evidance as to how you you think he could be an "effective leader" who "will go to many pro bowls."

Im asking you to provide game examples of when he showed he was an effective leader. The college thing a) I bet you still didn't watch him play. B) It was just a cop out to make others believe you watched him C) Cover your end of the argument.

Again, we are all waiting.

Maverick41

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Holcombnite wrote:
First off, I'm not trying to get into a bout of "football knowledge" so you "wipe the floor with me". God knows you could do that. [END SARCASM]

We are talking JP Losman - QB of the Buffalo Bills. Not JP Losman of Tulane. College is irrelevant. ANd again, you did not provide a single shred of evidance as to how you you think he could be an "effective leader" who "will go to many pro bowls."

Im asking you to provide game examples of when he showed he was an effective leader. The college thing a) I bet you still didn't watch him play. B) It was just a cop out to make others believe you watched him C) Cover your end of the argument.

A) I did, and I'm sorry I can't assert truth for you
B) No cop out, you're just trying to make me look bad. I'm not going to let that happen
C) In his first game against Houston, he was always having a ton of energy, he would be in the face of guys like Josh Reed when they screwed up, and he was constantly making good decisions.

I haven't seen him since that first game, but I know what he has to offer and I know he is a good player! The fact that I think he's going to be a good player and you don't, doesn't mean that you should question whether or not I've ever seen him play. I don't know what proof I can give you...you're just going to have to take me at my word (Which I know is extremely difficult for you)

Jaguarfan wrote:
holeman1 wrote:

The Holcombnite

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowboys#1 wrote:
The Holcombnite wrote:

A) I did, and I'm sorry I can't assert truth for you
B) No cop out, you're just trying to make me look bad. I'm not going to let that happen
C) In his first game against Houston, he was always having a ton of energy, he would be in the face of guys like Josh Reed when they screwed up, and he was constantly making good decisions.

I haven't seen him since that first game, but I know what he has to offer and I know he is a good player! The fact that I think he's going to be a good player and you don't, doesn't mean that you should question whether or not I've ever seen him play. I don't know what proof I can give you...you're just going to have to take me at my word (Which I know is extremely difficult for you)

Well, its hard for all of us when you say something in mulitple posts and have no backup..and you still dont technically cause Reed went to say something and that cause JP to speak up. If JP was a leader, like you say he is, he would have taken accountability for his actions instead of the "Im a rookie" cop out he so often used to the media.

Who knew two could have so much in common.

Maverick41

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the Josh Reed play, he false started and Losman was all in his ear! It had nothing to do with Losman's play! Why don't YOU get some backup on your posts next time!
I don't know why I get sucked into brain dead arguments with you Rolling Eyes

Jaguarfan wrote:
holeman1 wrote:

The Holcombnite

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Josh Reed false start wasn't his fault either...why dont you go download the game and will notice it. They called it on him but you can easily see it was the lineman that started the motion prior to the snap that made Reed move.

Trust me the feelings mutual...no one likes you all the same.

Maverick41

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Holcombnite wrote:
That Josh Reed false start wasn't his fault either...why dont you go download the game and will notice it. They called it on him but you can easily see it was the lineman that started the motion prior to the snap that made Reed move.

Trust me the feelings mutual...no one likes you all the same.

Dang dude! You really know how to kick someone in the balls, don't ya'? Rolling Eyes
I believe this thread was created for opinions on Losman, not your opinion on me. Anyway, I think Losman shouldn't play this year anymore. I still think he should be their future, but Holcomb is what they need right now. They should've held on to Bledsoe a year longer.

Jaguarfan wrote:
holeman1 wrote:

BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if buffalo had enough fans to warrant a mod, i'd tell him to lock this. i'm thinkin maybe it would be a good idea to talk to LSUSAINT before this gets out of hand.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: