Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Quick Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PACKSthePATS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Quick Mock Draft Reply with quote

I'm not doing my normal write up for this mock. This is a mock comes from my seven round draft in the mock draft forum.

Please tell me what you think.

Round 1: Michael Oher. Offensive Tackle. Mississippi.
Round 2: Larry English. Defensive End. Northern Illinois.
Round 3: Mike Mickens. Cornerback. Cincinnati.
Round 3: Mitch King. Defensive Tackle. Iowa.
Round 4: Sammie Lee Hill. Defensive Tackle. Stillman.
Round 5: Jarrett Dillard. Wide Receiver. Rice.
Round 6: Herb Donaldson. Runningback. Western Illinois
Round 6: John Phillips. Tight End. Virginia.
Round 7: John Gill. Defensive Tackle. Northwestern.

Please tell me what you think.

Props to MadBacker!!!
GBPackBeFresh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Round 1: Michael Oher. Offensive Tackle. Mississippi. I see Maybin, Brown and Jackson are all left, and although Britton is streaky, I'd rather have us pick him (but not @ 9). Only tackles i'd take at 9 are the big 3.
Round 2: Larry English. Defensive End. Northern Illinois. I'm assuming OLB, I don't know if he has the weight for DE, and I dk if he's quick enough for OLB. I like Barwin(ran a 4.47/4.52 @ proday), Gilbert, and there are a plethora of DB's with great talent left. Sean Smith and Chung come to mind, but Alphonso and DJ Moore might be a little short for us.

Round 3: Mike Mickens. Cornerback. Cincinnati. all depends on our other picks, but he's a good player if we don't go CB prior. I see that William Moore is left too, he'd be worth a flyer in Round 3.
Round 3: Mitch King. Defensive Tackle. Iowa. dig it

Don't have a lot of time right now, but that's my initial reaction. Must have taken a lot of time to do a 7 rounder picking for every time, nice work.
PACKSthePATS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackBeFresh wrote:
Quote:
Round 1: Michael Oher. Offensive Tackle. Mississippi. I see Maybin, Brown and Jackson are all left, and although Britton is streaky, I'd rather have us pick him (but not @ 9). Only tackles i'd take at 9 are the big 3.
Round 2: Larry English. Defensive End. Northern Illinois. I'm assuming OLB, I don't know if he has the weight for DE, and I dk if he's quick enough for OLB. I like Barwin(ran a 4.47/4.52 @ proday), Gilbert, and there are a plethora of DB's with great talent left. Sean Smith and Chung come to mind, but Alphonso and DJ Moore might be a little short for us.

Round 3: Mike Mickens. Cornerback. Cincinnati. all depends on our other picks, but he's a good player if we don't go CB prior. I see that William Moore is left too, he'd be worth a flyer in Round 3.

Don't have a lot of time right now, but that's my initial reaction. Must have taken a lot of time to do a 7 rounder picking for every time, nice work.

All the positions are the positions they played in college. You'd want Britton over Oher. I think Oher will be a solid tackle. Britton is a good fit for the ZBS, yes, however, I would not touch him because of his short arms. I'm not a fan of drafting OLB with our first pick. This pick came done to Jackson and Oher. Mike Mickens is one of the few CBs that fit all of the qualities of a DB that TT drafts. I think he'd be solid depth.

Props to MadBacker!!!
GBPackBeFresh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PACKSthePATS wrote:
GBPackBeFresh wrote:
Quote:

All the positions are the positions they played in college. You'd want Britton over Oher. I think Oher will be a solid tackle. Britton is a good fit for the ZBS, yes, however, I would not touch him because of his short arms. I'm not a fan of drafting OLB with our first pick. This pick came done to Jackson and Oher. Mike Mickens is one of the few CBs that fit all of the qualities of a DB that TT drafts. I think he'd be solid depth.

I just re-read what I wrote and I didn't clarify what I meant. I meant i'd rather wait/trade down and get britton and another pick, not that I meant I'd draft him over oher. I do like the Mike Mickens pick if CB isn't picked earlier.

Just curious about what you like about English over Barwin? I'm assuming it has to do with Barwin's inexperience and being a little raw. I just think Barwin has better measurables and think of him as someone who could be really good with Kevin Greene coaching.
PACKSthePATS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackBeFresh wrote:
PACKSthePATS wrote:
GBPackBeFresh wrote:
Quote:

I just re-read what I wrote and I didn't clarify what I meant. I meant i'd rather wait/trade down and get britton and another pick, not that I meant I'd draft him over oher. I do like the Mike Mickens pick if CB isn't picked earlier.

Just curious about what you like about English over Barwin? I'm assuming it has to do with Barwin's inexperience and being a little raw. I just think Barwin has better measurables and think of him as someone who could be really good with Kevin Greene coaching.

I'd be happy with either Barwin or English. I love both of them. I went with English probably because Mayock's mancrush on him, and he could become our Woodley.

I didn't predict any trades in my mock. But, even so, we would need to find a trade partner, and I'm not sure if we could. Still though, I'd rather take the better tackle over the shortarmed tackle and an extra pick.

Props to MadBacker!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: