Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official Track & Field Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
PyroDog


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 549
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My second day doing Triple Jump, I jumped a 36'8. I'm thinking with enough practice I can retire my 400 spikes and officially be a triple jumper Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GBPackers79


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 19800
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maes wrote:
PyroDog wrote:
That sounds do-able, if your 200 is in 21.X range with enough speed endurance and strength work you could hit it.


My 200m is not 21.x though, it's 22.x on a relay. I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but I hope you are because even the best runner in the nation right now (Watkins) couldn't break either of those.


He can't handle Malone.

NJ > NY.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
maes


Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 7007
Location: STRONGISLAND4REAL
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

200m in 22.4 today at the end of a workout. Move over Usain.

I like how when I joined this forum I was a freshman doing the mile. Sophomore year I got into steeple. Last year I started doing 800s and now I'm a sprinter. Laughing

Also tried to long jump, I can get around 20'6". I think if I wanted to train I could maybe get 21'6: by the end of the year... but that isn't worth training for since that won't score in countys.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PyroDog


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 549
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maes wrote:
200m in 22.4 today at the end of a workout. Move over Usain.

I like how when I joined this forum I was a freshman doing the mile. Sophomore year I got into steeple. Last year I started doing 800s and now I'm a sprinter. Laughing

Also tried to long jump, I can get around 20'6". I think if I wanted to train I could maybe get 21'6: by the end of the year... but that isn't worth training for since that won't score in countys.

Same here, as a freshman I was running the 1600/3200 struggling to hit 65 in a 400, sophomore year moved down to the 800/1600, junior year I was an 800m runner, and now I'm a 400 runner splitting 48low off first leg. It feels good to be a sprinter and to get away from those 6 mile runs and 6x1000s Very Happy

What did you do to get your 200 time down? I started off training for the 800 and getting a good base in and just started doing a lot of speed endurance but I've been sprinting off raw speed for a while, I'm hoping to get down to 22low or even 21hi to improve my potential over 400m.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
maes


Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 7007
Location: STRONGISLAND4REAL
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PyroDog wrote:
maes wrote:
200m in 22.4 today at the end of a workout. Move over Usain.

I like how when I joined this forum I was a freshman doing the mile. Sophomore year I got into steeple. Last year I started doing 800s and now I'm a sprinter. Laughing

Also tried to long jump, I can get around 20'6". I think if I wanted to train I could maybe get 21'6: by the end of the year... but that isn't worth training for since that won't score in countys.

Same here, as a freshman I was running the 1600/3200 struggling to hit 65 in a 400, sophomore year moved down to the 800/1600, junior year I was an 800m runner, and now I'm a 400 runner splitting 48low off first leg. It feels good to be a sprinter and to get away from those 6 mile runs and 6x1000s Very Happy

What did you do to get your 200 time down? I started off training for the 800 and getting a good base in and just started doing a lot of speed endurance but I've been sprinting off raw speed for a while, I'm hoping to get down to 22low or even 21hi to improve my potential over 400m.


Squats. Instead of doing easy 3 miles on days between workouts, I do 20x30m all out.

BROKE 48 TODAY!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PyroDog


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 549
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maes wrote:
PyroDog wrote:
maes wrote:
200m in 22.4 today at the end of a workout. Move over Usain.

I like how when I joined this forum I was a freshman doing the mile. Sophomore year I got into steeple. Last year I started doing 800s and now I'm a sprinter. Laughing

Also tried to long jump, I can get around 20'6". I think if I wanted to train I could maybe get 21'6: by the end of the year... but that isn't worth training for since that won't score in countys.

Same here, as a freshman I was running the 1600/3200 struggling to hit 65 in a 400, sophomore year moved down to the 800/1600, junior year I was an 800m runner, and now I'm a 400 runner splitting 48low off first leg. It feels good to be a sprinter and to get away from those 6 mile runs and 6x1000s Very Happy

What did you do to get your 200 time down? I started off training for the 800 and getting a good base in and just started doing a lot of speed endurance but I've been sprinting off raw speed for a while, I'm hoping to get down to 22low or even 21hi to improve my potential over 400m.


Squats. Instead of doing easy 3 miles on days between workouts, I do 20x30m all out.

BROKE 48 TODAY!

What was your time? I'm not running the 400 for another 2 weeks so hopefully I'll break 48 then.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PyroDog


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 549
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody here have any expertise in triple jump? I shot a video of me at the pit yesterday at practice and need someone to critique. Shoot me a PM if you can.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
maes


Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 7007
Location: STRONGISLAND4REAL
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

47.8 relay (no running start though, could be a couple tenths slower but I'm taking my coaches' split haha) and I don't really triple jump seriously but I think I understand the form used if you want any help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GBPackers79


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 19800
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sub 48 is pretty legit.

Are you sure you miss distance running though? I had a nice workout today. 3 sets of 9x400, all continuous. 50 meter jog between sets, 400 jog between reps. Laughing

The life of a kid with no leg speed. 10k training.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
maes


Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 7007
Location: STRONGISLAND4REAL
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
Sub 48 is pretty legit.

Are you sure you miss distance running though? I had a nice workout today. 3 sets of 9x400, all continuous. 50 meter jog between sets, 400 jog between reps. Laughing

The life of a kid with no leg speed. 10k training.


I sort of like to say that sprint training is just as hard as distance training just so I don't sound like a b!tch. But yeah, sprint training is 10000x times easier than training for distance events, I don't understand how anyone could argue anything else.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PyroDog


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 549
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jumped 40'01 in the triple jump, ran 2:04 in the 8 and split 47.6 in the 4x4 off first leg. I cant wait to run the open 4, sub 48 is taunting me.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PyroDog


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 549
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a text from coach saying he wants everyone to run at least 5 events at the next dual meet on Tuesday so I chose the 100, 200, 400, 800, 300 hurdles, 3200, long jump and triple jump. Thats gonna be a fun meet Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheRomen


Joined: 04 Mar 2011
Posts: 204
Location: The 920
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hola everyone, I am a senior in high school, been doing track since 6th grade, it's my life. Wondering if anybody had a workout to do to increase explosiveness and top end speed. I run the 100, 200, 4x1, 4x2 and triple jump on occasion. I am hoping to beat my school's record of 10.8 and 22.8 for the 100 and 200 respectively.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PyroDog


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 549
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRomen wrote:
Hola everyone, I am a senior in high school, been doing track since 6th grade, it's my life. Wondering if anybody had a workout to do to increase explosiveness and top end speed. I run the 100, 200, 4x1, 4x2 and triple jump on occasion. I am hoping to beat my school's record of 10.8 and 22.8 for the 100 and 200 respectively.

Cant really help with topend speed but I would suggest runs with a parachute. For explosiveness, however, I like to do snatches, step ups and weighted jump squats. For snatches, however, form is extremely important because its very easy to injure yourself, however I find them very effective. For the jump squats, you take a light weight (Since I max out at around 250 I like to use 95 pounds) with the barbell and do 3x10 jump squats for height. Since your jumping , be careful with the weight, make sure it stays on your neck and you absorb the shock.

Another thing our coach likes us to do is plyometrics. Plenty of plyos will get you explosive when you cant use weights.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GBPackers79


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 19800
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PyroDog wrote:
I just got a text from coach saying he wants everyone to run at least 5 events at the next dual meet on Tuesday so I chose the 100, 200, 400, 800, 300 hurdles, 3200, long jump and triple jump. Thats gonna be a fun meet Laughing


lmao, what?

That wouldn't even be allowed here. Have fun.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 25 of 28

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group