Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason Week Two: Bengals @ Bucs
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:06 am    Post subject: Preseason Week Two: Bengals @ Bucs Reply with quote

Hopefully Jameis has shaken off his NFL jitters. I'd hate to see him start slowly again. He's a rookie, sure. But I don't wanna see more erratic passes and poor footwork.

Just how bad is our oline? We all know it's pretty fubard. Hopefully they can hold up (or at least not look terribad) against Cincy's starters.

Can our dline generate any rush? Even McCoy looked pedestrian last week. Our dline will dictate how effective our defense is. I'd love to see something/anything from Johnson and Smith.

I wanna see more of Dougie. Dude looks like he's back to rookie form. Time to see more of it. Sims didn't look too bad either.

There seems to be a battle for the other two LB spots. Time to see if Carter was a worthwhile signing and if Alexannder was a steal. Lansanah needs to prove that last year wasn't a fluke.

I've read a bunch of good things about ASJ lately. Time for him to actually show up.
Ive worn flip flops to funerals.. They were real nice flip flops though.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monday Night Football....awesome.

I am looking for Jameis Winston to improve. Like Bucsfan333 said, hopefully his jitters are mostly gone. I am guessing(and staying hopeful) that is what caused his bad throws. After all, it was his first ever NFL game. On top of that, Winston is not stupid and understand he has huge expectations to fill. He understands that being drafted #1 overall comes with a huge expectations to fill ESPECIALLY when you are a QB. And besides all that, I am sure he knows that it's not just Bucs fans, but the entire football world watching him. So he probably was extremely nervous. This game however I hope he comes in a lot more relaxed and confident. They say he is a film freak so I am sure he has watched his game film from last week over and over and over again.

The O-line needs to improve a lot. They did not help Winston one bit. Half his throws, he had to step away from the rush to get the pass off.

And also obviously no injuries.
indifference

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After watching RG3 getting destroyed I'm torn between wanting the first string guy playing a whole half or just let them play a quarter. I think Winston needs to play another 1st half this game with the starting OL in there too. Smith-Mankins-EDS-Marpet-Pamphile need to play together for a half just like the Browns did with their OL last night.

The defensive side I'm not too worried about. A lot of those guys have already played with each other, and we really are only placing in a new MIKE and a new nickel CB. McCoy/David/Verner/Banks should probably just get a quarter and then pull them out.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see Fragel and Lyons get in the game earlier to see what they can go against better competition. I'm beginning to wonder if the team carries 5 DTs on the active roster with only 3 true DEs. The expectation of having Melton play DE in a pinch with Gholston swinging between both positions or Lyons playing so well they need to carry him on the active roster so he won't be poached off the practice squad by another team.

I really, really hope Moore can add stability to the nickel corner spot, it needs to be better.

Finally, I just hope special teams can just be average this year, and not cost them a game or two during the regular season.
nathan004

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we all wanna see Jameis slow things down a bit and just play football, but I mostly want to see how the 1st team OL plays and whether Marpet or Smith get majority reps. Please keep Gilkey away from under center please.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathan004 wrote:
I think we all wanna see Jameis slow things down a bit and just play football, but I mostly want to see how the 1st team OL plays and whether Marpet or Smith get majority reps. Please keep Gilkey away from under center please.

Gilkey smh. If we come out flat like we did against Minnesota on both sides of the ball, we won't win more than 4 games this year. Cincy is a pretty good team but not great. We should be able to compete and possibly beat them. I think the OL needs to gel and play majority if not all of the first half. Smith and Marpet needs reps just as much as Jameis. On the defensive side its the same ol story. We need to see consistent pressure from our DL.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see Gilkey not dress Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really excited to watch this game tonight.

Hopefully Winston gets another half of ball in. Slows down some and builds off of last week.

Would also like to see the line get better as well.

Bengals will be a great test.

Winston: I plan on winning a Super Bowl next year
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

Hopefully Winston gets another half of ball in. Slows down some and builds off of last week.

I want to see more playing time for smith and Marpet in the first team.
indifference

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

I want to see more playing time for smith and Marpet in the first team.
Precisely. I think its important that they get experience together as a unit now. All that shuffling bodies around crap is not going to do us any favors week 1. Put Smith and Marpet out there and let them ball for a half. Marpet I'm not worried about, that guy has future pro bowl G written all over him. Physically gifted AND a blue collar guy, once he gets the pass protection technique down it'll be a wrap. Smith is physically gifted in his own regard but had a knack for not always playing hard every weekend. His technique needs some work too but physically speaking he can turn out to me Marcus McNeil if he puts it all together.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly when we drafted smith my first thought is he will be a good Guard in this league but has potential at LT. But at worst he replaces Mankins down the road.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDK if you guys watched Mariota against the Rams but he did great. His official stats were like 5/8 but they really do not tell the whole story. Out of the 3 incompletions he had, he hit two guys between the numbers who just dropped it, one of which was in the endzone which would have been a TD. He reads defenses very well. However also on one of the incompletions he hit our old friend Mark Barron right in the hands as well which was dropped, but it was not his fault at all.........he had no one open, pass rush was coming and he was inside tackle box so he could not throw it away so he just forced it.

I still believe Winston is better, but since we will hear a lot of Winston vs Mariota talk this year I just want everyone to be up to date on what's happening with Mariota.
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug Martin is looking fantastic

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson 70 Catches 1,002 Yards 2 TDs
#WeGonnaWinWithWinston
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it me, or is Jeremiah warren already better than Evan smith? Martin and Winston look sharp.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winston looks on point.

Martin is our starting back right now. Looks awesome.

My sig is the real winner here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: