Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

REDandPEWTER Post Mike Williams Trade Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject: REDandPEWTER Post Mike Williams Trade Mock Reply with quote

We received a 6th round pick for Mike Williams. Draft board seems all over the place. We could move up for Watkins, stand pat at 7 and see how it all pans out. WR, QB, OL and DL&LB Depth are needed.

Here go Gentleman

First Round:
1. Houston: Blake Bortles QB UCF
2. St.Louis: Sammy Watkins WR Clemson
3. Jacksonville: Jadaveon Clowney DE South Carolina
4. Cleveland: Johnny "Football" Manziel QB Texas AM
5. Trade: minnesota moves up with Oakland trades 3rd round: Teddy Bridgewater QB Louisville
6. Atlanta: Khalil Mack Edge Rusher Buffalo

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Mike Evans WR Texas AM

- We could use a physically imposing WR opposite V-Jax. Some say he's a jackson clone. I think he's more physical and faster. Plus Jackson is 30. His days of carrying the #1 WR respect are diminishing year by year. These two could be a force together for atleast another 2-3 years and gives our QB some security. Evans will run you over and attack the ball.

2nd round: Trade down: With Allen Robinson on the board, bucs move down with the NY Giants. Obtain their 5th round pick in return.
After Trading down:

Brett Smith QB Wyoming

- Jason Licht has said they see QBs that are franchise guys, and not guys that the media is thinking of. We interviewed two guys the most: Brett Smith and Jimmy Garoppolo. Both who'm are excellent fits for this offense. I have Jimmy going to Jacksonville. Brett Smith is a tough gritty player who makes plays inside and outside the pocket. I call him the more developed passer and less athletic physically than Manziel. But Smith's pocket presence, accuracy, and vision is excellent. He can improvise. His arm strength won't wow you but it's good and has excellent velocity on his throws. I love his on the run accuracy. Can get squared and deliver.

3rd Round: Bruce Ellington WR South carolina

- Love this kid and is perfect for the slot. Short between 5'9-5'10, this guy is thick at 197 LBs for his size and isn't afraid of contact. Can develop his route running ability a bit more, but he can define our Speed in space WR at the moment.

5th Round: Russel Bodine G/C North Carolina

- Seems like Lovie want guys who can move inside on the OL. Bodine is versatile as he can play G/C. He can immediately compete inside at RG and gives us some more insurance if Nicks isn't a full go. Back up to Smith if needed.

5th Via Trade NYG: KHAIRI FORTT LB California

- Well rounded LB. Excellent wrap up tackler who can shed blocks. Showed some inconsistancy and could used another year. Solid in pass coverage. Could be a nice find. Highly touted prospect that went to PSU then transferred. Like the upside and depth for this year.

6th round via Buffalo:Andrew Norwell OG/OT Ohio State

- One of my favorite OL prospect. Offers that key word Lovie and Licht are looking for along the OL: Versatility. Solid all around game.

7th Round: Larry Webster DE Bloomsburg

- Why not take a flyer on a small school prospect with a ton of athelticism and quick burst off the snap. Very good upside as an edge rusher on 3rd downs.

Some UDFA's I'd keep an eye on (potential Undrafted players):

- Derrick Hopkins DT VT: Solid depth against the run and can push the pocket
- Rob Blanchflower TE Mass: Camp competition. Solid route running and hands.
- Richie Leone P Houston: So we can finally get Koenen's ridiculous salary off the books.
- Kirby Van Der Kamp P Iowa State: Same reason above.
- Jacob Peterson TE Wisconsin: Tweener/H-Back.
- Beau Allen DT Wisconsin: Run defender, NT in 4-3.
- Ciante Evans CB Nebraska: Perfect cover 2 slot CB. Could be TC competition that squeeks on a roster.
- Hakeem Smith S Louisville
- Sean Parker S Washington
indifference

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offensive draft. I'll take it all day, good job.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can dig it. The trades are reasonable and actually make sense.
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like it but i would not take smith that high

UniversalAuthor and Gopherwrestler on the Gerald McCoy sigs
Ron Swanson wrote:
Fishing relaxes me it's like yoga except i still get to kill something
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djw4bucs wrote:

Why risk him not being there in the 3rd? Jacksonville and Houston stated they may take two qbs. Rams might take another as insurance to Bradford.

He should be there mid 2nd. After that it's not guaranteed.
SappDaddyDance

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
djw4bucs wrote:

Why risk him not being there in the 3rd? Jacksonville and Houston stated they may take two qbs. Rams might take another as insurance to Bradford.

I know its speculation, but most reports have Smith going in the 4th round or later. You can sit on Smith and maybe trade back into the early fourth to get him at that pick. I would rather grab Yankley at that pick and address QB in round 3 or by trading into round 4 to grab Smith

Adopt A Buc(s)
Mark "the Red" Barron
65 (12 asst.)tkcls| 1 sack| 2 ints| 0 ff
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SappDaddyDance wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
djw4bucs wrote:

I know its speculation, but most reports have Smith going in the 4th round or later. You can sit on Smith and maybe trade back into the early fourth to get him at that pick. I would rather grab Yankley at that pick and address QB in round 3 or by trading into round 4 to grab Smith

He's getting 2nd/3rd round buzz right now as well. If you like him take him there.

I like Yankey but a lot of recent film break down shows a lot of negatives that Jerimiah broke down.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: