Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lovie loves him some vets
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:47 am    Post subject: Lovie loves him some vets Reply with quote

nathan004 was throwing around some potential trades that might happen in the draft thread. I came back with this. Just wanted to make it's own thread because while I think there is 99.99% chance we take a QB these two scenarios are those ones that I could actually see Lovie thinking aboout.

1) Lovie/Licht aren't sold on either guy. Lovie is known to love him some vets. Tampa trades with the Bears. We give them the first overall. We get back Cutler/7th overall/39th overall/their first next year.

2) Love/Licht aren't sold on either guy. Lovie is known to love him some vets. Tampa trades with the Rams. We give them the first overall. We get back Bradford/10th overall/42 overall/their first next year.

Both of those teams not only get their guy they also dump some pretty big salary. In return we get the vet QB that Lovie might prefer as well as their first and end up with two seconds this year and two firsts next year.

Would you do it or think about it and if so who would you select with our new first round pick?

Winston: I plan on winning a Super Bowl next year
RB4TampaBay

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that neither Cutler nor Bradford answer our QB need, nope, no trading the first pick if I'm in charge.
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: Lovie loves him some vets Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
nathan004 was throwing around some potential trades that might happen in the draft thread. I came back with this. Just wanted to make it's own thread because while I think there is 99.99% chance we take a QB these two scenarios are those ones that I could actually see Lovie thinking aboout.

1) Lovie/Licht aren't sold on either guy. Lovie is known to love him some vets. Tampa trades with the Bears. We give them the first overall. We get back Cutler/7th overall/39th overall/their first next year.

2) Love/Licht aren't sold on either guy. Lovie is known to love him some vets. Tampa trades with the Rams. We give them the first overall. We get back Bradford/10th overall/42 overall/their first next year.

Both of those teams not only get their guy they also dump some pretty big salary. In return we get the vet QB that Lovie might prefer as well as their first and end up with two seconds this year and two firsts next year.

Would you do it or think about it and if so who would you select with our new first round pick?

Should probably go in the draft thread

I just posted a crazy trade scenario There actually , I was thinking about trades last night

Idk though, if we drop down that far , who do we take
cooper will be gone , maybe most of the rushers too
Mayne the OT Collins or trae waynes?
I wouldn't mind cutler or Bradford though but the draft is more heavy at the bottom of round 1 rather than the top , I'd still want one of the best guys which IMO williams & cooper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Winston period!

Buuuuuuuuut if something came up I think there is a ton of options at both the Bears and Rams spots for us. Imagine Danny Shelton next to McCoy. Does Beasley coming into the convo seeing as he's up to around 250lbs. What about Cooper or White? Would sure make letting Jackson and his $12,000,000 cap hit go next season a lot easier. And for this year Cooper, Evans, Jackson.

With the two seconds maybe we go Laken Tomlinson and Paul Dawson with them. Solves both our MLB and G issues.

Move Glennon for a 3rd and we have two picks in those rounds. Try and Quinten Rollins and slap him at FS. Ran a slow time so I no longer see him going early second amymore.

Cutler/Bradford
1) Shelton, Cooper, White
2) Tomlinson
2) Dawson
3) Rollins
3) etc

Plus two first next year. Not a bad haul at all I'd say.

djw4bucs

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^So who is our QB, Bradford and ?????

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson 70 Catches 1,002 Yards 2 TDs
Mariota or Bust
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djw4bucs wrote:
^^^So who is our QB, Bradford and ?????

No clue. In either trade we'd get Cutler or Bradford. Maybe keep Glennon is a backup or get a third for him and sign a guy like Moore.

Again just throwing it out there as two more realistic trade options that I could see happening.

djw4bucs

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we do trade down give me Bradford over Cutler, keep glennon.

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson 70 Catches 1,002 Yards 2 TDs
Mariota or Bust
nathan004

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ONLY scenario where I would feel comfortable with trading down was the JAX one I wrote about yesterday. This would ensure Tampa acquiring at least one of the two QB prospects in this draft and two premium picks in the process.

Because there are some questions regarding both JW and MM's ability to play at the next level (at least next year), Licht/Lovie may not feel 100% sure about either. However, I don't think it's enough to sway them from picking either one.

My train of thought was if you aren't sure about either one or are torn enough to point that if you took one that in the back of your mind you may regret not taking the other guy then why not put your self in a better position where that would either alleviate the problem by having one team make the choice for you or still have the same decision to make at #3 but you've added two 2nd rounders which may help make living with the choice a little easier. Jax is almost always a lock for top 5 pick.

My first choice, right now, is to draft Jameis. But give me this option with Jax and it's an easy yes.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why. Why. Why. Why. Why......

We are on the verge of possibly getting our first franchise QB. Take the guy at ONE. NO MOVES....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:

We are on the verge of possibly getting our first franchise QB. Take the guy at ONE. NO MOVES....

But that's the question. can Licht, Lovie and Glazers all come to terms that either JW or Mariota is that ONE sure fire pick?

I am not saying we don't go after either QB but if the Bucs Brass are happy with drafting either guy then why not get either guy plus premium picks? Moving down to #3 guarantees us at least one of them. it could also allow us to have our choice between both again if Jax goes Williams and Tenn goes Fowler, etc. I see this as a nominal risk very high reward move.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be so Bucs.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggybucsfan31 wrote:
This would be so Bucs.

No. I would say drafting either QB and getting one, maybe two seasons of above average play and then having them bust due to injury or psychotic episode would be more Buc-esque.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathan004 wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:

But that's the question. can Licht, Lovie and Glazers all come to terms that either JW or Mariota is that ONE sure fire pick?

I am not saying we don't go after either QB but if the Bucs Brass are happy with drafting either guy then why not get either guy plus premium picks? Moving down to #3 guarantees us at least one of them. it could also allow us to have our choice between both again if Jax goes Williams and Tenn goes Fowler, etc. I see this as a nominal risk very high reward move.

Lol wuttttt. I think the groundwork was laid at the combine for us to take Winston. He'll charm the socks off the Glazers as well....

nathan004 wrote:
eggybucsfan31 wrote:
This would be so Bucs.

No. I would say drafting either QB and getting one, maybe two seasons of above average play and then having them bust due to injury or psychotic episode would be more Buc-esque.

HAHA this....Then when they leave the Bucs they go on to win the SB. Im waiting for Freeman to do that Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point I think the heavy favorite is easily Jameis, but there is still two months left for things to develop. If this scenario would somehow come in to reality it would be unfortunate to pass on it.

It's the difference between the two:

Stay at #1
1st pick - Choice between JW and MM
2nd pick - Irving or Kendricks or BPA

Move to #3
1st pick - Take the QB that isn't taken at #2 or end up having the choice between the two anyways because they went elsewhere
2nd pick - Irving or BPA
2nd 2nd pick - Kendricks or BPA
Additional 2016 2nd rounder. Since it's the Jags pick it's essentially a very late 1st Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggybucsfan31 wrote:
This would be so Bucs.

No shht right!!!

That's why these are the two types of trades that I could actually see happening if any.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: