Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason wk 3: Browns @ Bucs
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
indifference

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:16 am    Post subject: Preseason wk 3: Browns @ Bucs Reply with quote

Another home game for the young Bucs Saturday and this will be the most interesting game of them all. Usually the starters play up until the first half so this game we'll see a lot of PT from the first string offense most importantly.

Think we should roll out with:
Smith-Mankins-Warren-Marpet-Cherlius

In reality though, we'll probably be starting Evans Smith at center even though clearly Warren has been better with the first team. Mad

The defense doesn't need to be out there long. Maybe a full quarter and a half and pull them out. Want to continue to see Kwon Alexander, rushes from George Johnson, and improved DB play by our corners.

Intresting quotes from last game

Quote:
"He corrected a lot of the things we had seen on film," Kirkpatrick said. "He corrected a lot as far as his eyes, staring down the receiver. He did a great job of holding our safeties off."

"You can't take anything away from his play," Nelson said Monday night. "He did a good job getting prepared for this game, and he's going to be good. He's going to be a good quarterback for them
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's too an injury free game.....
Good Luck Saturday Fella's

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad they got competition for Murray the last two weeks of the preseason. May the best man win. I want to see Clay continue to be more decisive on his returns. He did a much better job of not dancing around in the second game.

I'm really hoping Sterling Moore can solidify the nickel CB spot. After ASJ, I think the TE depth chart is wide open. Haven't been impressed with the blocking of any of the guys after ASJ.

My depth chart right now for the WR is the following:
-Evans
-VJack
-Murphy
-Shephard
-Clay

I don't think they'll carry more then 6 WRs on the active roster. Going to be very interesting over the last 2 weeks who steps up. I was high on Bell when he was drafted, but he has to show something the last two weeks or else he will be on the practice squad.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like always here is to an injury free game.

Looking for Jameis and the O-line to improve further.

Also the WR competition is getting interesting. Many thought that Kenny Bell would be our starting slot guy, but he has not caught 1 pass so far. Russel Sheppard so far has been on fire. All I know is someone needs to seriously step up who's name is not Evans or Jackson.

On the flip side, the D-line had a much better game. Hopefully they keep the momentum going and show us they can get it done, and it was not the Bengals just having a bad night last Monday.
indifference

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
I'm glad they got competition for Murray the last two weeks of the preseason. May the best man win. I want to see Clay continue to be more decisive on his returns. He did a much better job of not dancing around in the second game.

I'm really hoping Sterling Moore can solidify the nickel CB spot. After ASJ, I think the TE depth chart is wide open. Haven't been impressed with the blocking of any of the guys after ASJ.

-Evans
-VJack
-Murphy
-Shephard
-Clay

I don't think they'll carry more then 6 WRs on the active roster. Going to be very interesting over the last 2 weeks who steps up. I was high on Bell when he was drafted, but he has to show something the last two weeks or else he will be on the practice squad.

I agree about the WR depth chart except Clay. Bell is probably pratice squad bound because he hasn't lived up to the camp hype during these games but we still got 2 more games left to play. I'm holding out hope he can pull it together. I dunno I just feel like him and Hall have better WR ability than Clay we just haven't seen it yet.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

-Evans
-VJack
-Murphy
-Shephard
-Clay

I agree about the WR depth chart except Clay. Bell is probably pratice squad bound because he hasn't lived up to the camp hype during these games but we still got 2 more games left to play. I'm holding out hope he can pull it together. I dunno I just feel like him and Hall have better WR ability than Clay we just haven't seen it yet.

I included Clay on this depth chart only because I think he is the starting punt and kick off returner. They could go with 7 WRs (if including Clay as part of that depth chart). However, I think Lovie really wants to rotate a bunch of dlinemen throughout a game. I believe they will carry at least 8 players (possibly 9) on the dline, that is why I believe they will only carry 6 WRs. I could see them stashing 2 WRs on the practice squad.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam Humphries has impressed. He has that shiftiness inside for a slot wr and a niche for finding holes with strong hands.
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
Hello.

My man. How's the little one?
Ive worn flip flops to funerals.. They were real nice flip flops though.
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
Hello.

My man. How's the little one?

Turns one on Saturday. Bit sick at the moment but overall he is good.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mariota update:
He is having another great game against KC. Both air and with his legs
WestCoastBuC

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excited to see marpet vs Shelton today. Ali really held his own against geno atkins especially early on. But we'll see.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
Mariota update:
He is having another great game against KC. Both air and with his legs

I was a mariota guy when it came to the draft but let's not have a mariota update in "preseason". Blake bortles looked like the rookie of the year last year at this time and he was horrid.

Still like the guy but this is a comparison to watch not just more towards this years end, but 3 years from now.
indifference

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good pass blocking there, absolutely nowhere to go with the ball on that third down. Special teams still a problem for us, ugh.
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
Good pass blocking there, absolutely nowhere to go with the ball on that third down. Special teams still a problem for us, ugh.

Good pocket. Coverage sacks are so frustrating, still good to see Winston not forcing it.

STs should not be this bad.

Doug Martin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: