Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The QB question
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What should Tampa do of any QB listed is there at 7 and Watkins, Mack and Clowney are gone?
Draft QB
47%
 47%  [ 8 ]
Draft Evans
41%
 41%  [ 7 ]
Draft either Matthews or Robinson
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 17

nathan004

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:05 am    Post subject: The QB question Reply with quote

Bortles. Bridgewater. Manziel. Carr. One, if not all will be available when Tampa is on the clock at #7. The question is, if/when one of these names is available on draft day for Tampa, should the Bucs draft one?

McCown may or may not be a successful starter but he is definitely not the long term solution. I actually wanted to see Glennon do well with a full off season on 1st team but it seems that this coaching staff views him as a fall back only. Each guy would be a suitable starter but I am getting pretty burnt out with watching Tampa band aid the QB position.

Curious to get thoughts from other Bucs fans on this. While I would love to draft a potential Franchise QB I think that we should give McCown the chance to succeed this year and pick up WR. Yes it's a deep draft for the position but I think there is a substantial drop off from the top two guys and everyone else. Plus I think that anyone capable of being a good #2 may be gone before our 2nd rounder. A spot where we could get a good OG like Yankey, Jackson or Su'afilo.

Again, let me know what you as fellow Bucs fans think.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're taking a QB early. As to whom, we don't know.
nathan004

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:

You think so? How early you thinking? 1st or 2nd round? Could get Mettenberger in 2-3. Same for McCarron.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathan004 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

You think so? How early you thinking? 1st or 2nd round? Could get Mettenberger in 2-3. Same for McCarron.

Probably the first or second. I know that's what we all want. That's probably what we will get.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who said Matthews/Robinson? Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
Who said Matthews/Robinson? Laughing Laughing

Pv would be my guess.
nathan004

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evans is the pick here. McCown played well with two behemoths at wideout.
TB Doug22

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bridgewater, and if he's gone, Evans.
ChaoticBuc3125

Location: From Boston, MA ... Hate Pats and rest of NFCS GO Bucs!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bridgewater!!

If he is gone Watkins then JFootball followed by Evans.

Congrads to 55 on HOF! To Revis FU! & MG#8 & his mob must go!
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathan004 wrote:
Evans is the pick here. McCown played well with two behemoths at wideout.

You do realize McCown's great games last year came against the bottom feeder defenses in the NFL last season? McCown is a serviceable back-up, which is not a knock against him. Expecting him to be the next Rich Gannon or something close to that is really reaching IMO.

I have little doubt QB will be the pick at #7. Obviously, Lovie is not enamored with Glennon.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point in the process we have very strong links to each of the top 4 QB prospects in this class. Tedford was at Bridgewater's pro day and Stokes was in person for at least one of Bridgewater's games this past season. We met with Bortles at the combine and both Lovie and Licht went to his pro day. We met with Manziel at the combine, Lovie went to his pro day and we then interviewed after the pro day. Then we all know about the Tedford-Carr link, not to mention that we met with him extensively at the Senior Bowl as well.

I just don't see how we don't end up with a QB in the first two rounds.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
At this point in the process we have very strong links to each of the top 4 QB prospects in this class. Tedford was at Bridgewater's pro day and Stokes was in person for at least one of Bridgewater's games this past season. We met with Bortles at the combine and both Lovie and Licht went to his pro day. We met with Manziel at the combine, Lovie went to his pro day and we then interviewed after the pro day. Then we all know about the Tedford-Carr link, not to mention that we met with him extensively at the Senior Bowl as well.

We also met with Brett Smith and Jimmy Garoppolo twice. Attending pro days as well as interviews at combine.
nathan004

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like everyone is pretty confident that QB is the move here. I can't say I'd be upset with the pick but I still think that we can make it work with McCown or Glennon if Evans or Ebron is taken here.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

We also met with Brett Smith and Jimmy Garoppolo twice. Attending pro days as well as interviews at combine.

That's true. I didn't mention them because I don't see them going in the first two rounds.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

That's true. I didn't mention them because I don't see them going in the first two rounds.

I think there's a very high chance Garoppolo sneaks in day 1. Pending how Cleveland goes with pick 4. Jacksonville requested him at the senior bowl and they seemed highly interested. Could move up late 1 as well. Houston.

Smith is one heck of a Baller as well. He could go rounds 2-3.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: